• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[necro-tamer] - champ too

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to have some suggestions about a good necro-tamer template and its best use (i mean what/where to kill as well as a general playing style).
ANd moreover, if he could be used for doing barracorn champ or doom too.

He should be a nice cash farmer tnx to animate deads.
i mean, a gd supported by few skele dragons, should be simply pure pwnage.
Thinking of going around with a gd u dont feel the handicap of going on foot for using the necro-forms.I mean..u'll be on foot regardless of being necro or not.
So..(at champ or wherever i'm surrounded by more enemies) i suppose i should spam wither under wraith form without having mana probs at all.
That sounds nice.

About healing me and my pets..i would say chiva is out of question..since it's karma-based. right? So, well...we got place for magery,vet,pots.

What about something like:

necro 80 (+20 midn.brac.)
ss 100
Taming 115
Lore 105
Magery 120

--520--
I got 200 free points- where to use them?

Meditation? 120
It's always good to have mana..even if summoning 3 deads, saves me from doing spell-dmg and so mana.
Moreover being in wraith form, i should recover mana decently even without medit..but i need to do dmg in some way.

EvaInt? 120?
Sounds logical; ...corspe skin + flame spells + slayer books. Moreover i like the idea of blessing my GD.

ResSpell 120? (thinking of champ/doom)?
I do not like to be paralyzed by a mob and even less during a raid.
Without talking about all necro-mobs around like skele-dragons, lich..etc-

Spellweav 120?
wod+ dot healing+aoe spell...sounds cool...

Let me say i can reach an extra 40-50 skill points by jewels & other items.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
vet should be a no brainer.
You would think so, but you would probably be suprised how many folks run a tamer with no vet. Letting stable hands rez any pet was a stupid move imo.

The necro/tamer I used at one point had:

120 Necro
120 SS
110 Vet
110 Tame
110 Lore
120 Med
100 Mage
Rest went on Eval.

Very item dependent tho. Jewls and on heck of a scrappers, and anything else you can find to get skill points from. He did well as spawns, only down side was slow champ killing imo. Worked great at actually advancing the spawn tho.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would think so, but you would probably be suprised how many folks run a tamer with no vet. Letting stable hands rez any pet was a stupid move imo.

The necro/tamer I used at one point had:

120 Necro
120 SS
110 Vet
110 Tame
110 Lore
120 Med
100 Mage
Rest went on Eval.

Very item dependent tho. Jewls and on heck of a scrappers, and anything else you can find to get skill points from. He did well as spawns, only down side was slow champ killing imo. Worked great at actually advancing the spawn tho.
On my main tamer i got vet and i've to say it's a must.
Btw, i was thinking of using vet points somewheresle...focusing on doing fast fights (so that i wouldn't have to heal my pet/pets costantly), for farming cash like a machine...(thinking of some noob spots in tokuno..like bake-oni-efret-hiryu)

i do not agree with 120 necro.
casting a revenant sounds cool but since it requires 3 slots i think i'll do it 1/1000 times..basicly never.

105 necro for being able to cast strangle 100% sounds ok..but again...i think 100 necro is more than enough and i can use better 5 points in other skills.
MOreover i was thinking of using necro mainly just for animating deads.

Right now i was thinking of something crazier too: what about 80 poisoning?
with (120 magery+80 poisoning )/2 i'm still able to cast deadly poison lvl.
Using evil omen, that increases the poison lvl casted by1 (till 5lvl poison) i can do lethal poison. Isn't cool?! LOL and i've got a fking funny/cool nick too in this case: chuckNox (thinking of the immortal chuck norris ofc) XD

necro 80 + 20mid. brac
ss 120
taming 110
lore 110
magery 120
poisoning 80

100vet/eva int/res spell?
Then, as said before i can reach around 40+ extra points through jewels/items to spend somewhere else...dunno like medit?
Thinking of lich form/wraith form i should be still fine with mana.

Just some random thoughts ....suggestion welcome as always...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Those thoughts sound good.

On the 120 necro tho... I noticed a good bump in Wither and Poision Strikes damage at 120 versus 100. Also a pretty big difference on the length of time the Skelle Drags last. For me the added damage and added duration more than made up for the 20 skill points. But, everyone is different. Should be good to go either way.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at the end i'm trying this way:

taming 110
lore 110
vet 80
necro 80 -->100
ss 100 -->120
sw 120
Magery 120

--real values--
PG human-female.
Tnx to various items there are about 50 extra points..i'm going to use 40 of them on meditation and 10 on ss reaching 120.
I haven't tested it yet but tnx joat i should be able to use chiva for curing lethal poison and mainly cleaning the curses both on me and my pets without failing too much.
If i wont be able to cast them decently i'll go elf for sure and probably smoke the extra 40 points on chiva.

Both with lich form and wraith form i shouldn't have much mana prob..
SW gives so much advantage both in terms of dmg output and of usefull skills that i wanted it badly.

i've thought a lot too about going around with just something like 75-80 necro and 60 ss ( that would mean a 55 necro and 40 ss real value), Thinking of not using at all wither/strangle and the strongest evocated deads.
Essence of wind is slower than wither but has a bigger radius....so well good enough...
And that would give me the chance of going around with 120 res spell.. ..doh...
At the end..since i wanted a dps machine...i didn't do that..We will see how it goes.

L

longshanks

for your suit i would try to build as much sdi into it as you can. theres quite a few items out now that have it as a mod and try to work it into your jewels as well. good luck.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tested it yet but tnx joat i should be able to use chiva for curing lethal poison and mainly cleaning the curses both on me and my pets without failing too much.
If i wont be able to cast them decently i'll go elf for sure and probably smoke the extra 40 points on chiva.
race-change's incoming
XD
Too many failures before it cures. In the while you are dead or the curse went off.
Thinking again of it...i smoke the extra points all on medit ;)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for one..
120 necro and 120 ss are a must.
those are the power of your animates as well as the power of withers.

what i did was drop vet down to 50, and use a 15 ring and brace and the totem that i dont always wear to bring up to 85 so i can res.

this leaves you more room.
120 necro
120 ss
110 tame
110 lore
50 vet

100 magery doesnt have to be high, just enough to cast invis 100%
110 eval needs to be high as this is the power of your gheals and fireballs. (EO+CS+Slayer you should hit for over 100 dmg per fireball)

like you said, you will be in wraith form and you dont need med.. about 10 mr should do the trick.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for one..
120 necro and 120 ss are a must.
those are the power of your animates as well as the power of withers.

what i did was drop vet down to 50, and use a 15 ring and brace and the totem that i dont always wear to bring up to 85 so i can res.

this leaves you more room.
120 necro
120 ss
110 tame
110 lore
50 vet

100 magery doesnt have to be high, just enough to cast invis 100%
110 eval needs to be high as this is the power of your gheals and fireballs. (EO+CS+Slayer you should hit for over 100 dmg per fireball)

like you said, you will be in wraith form and you dont need med.. about 10 mr should do the trick.
as far as i know greater heal power is only influenced by magery skill and not at all by eva int.
vet 50 i thought about it too...
about the necro/ss part i might agree too there but i start testing the template with a 100/100...then i'm going to play around with few skills rising them down or lowering according to "experience"/needs i see.

eva int seemed the most common choice too...but i wanted badly spellweav...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you add spellweaving alongside necro and magery, you'd *really* want meditation too. Otherwise mana is going to be a huge problem if you get into heavy casting.

Wenchy

bmwtech

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am thinking of trying 100 magery med necro ss vet and 110 taming lore
Then use jewelry to get up to 120 vet taming and lore wuth the possible of adding enough on the jewely to get necro and ss to 120
Any thought on this or is it possible presently running a peacer tamer