• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Nearest Enemy Bug

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First my English is not good yet, and I may make many mistakes. So, please be patient with me.
(Also I've just came back to UO after a 3 year break)

Nearest Enemy Bug

Actually my real request is not about nearest enemy bug.
But the essential problem of "Nearest Enemy Bug" is "distance".
So my request is ... please fix distance related issues really.

1.Currently, the System determine distance as xyz combined distance.

2.xyz combined distance makes a lot of problems when we use target related actions. Especially target nearest enemy.
Because of the "distance" includes z-coord.
-Fig. Distance Mechanism

3.If you fix these problems, players gain tons of benefits.(for sure in rugged landscape situation mostly)
-Players can never die to massive mobs while hitting nearest enemy in pve.
-Players can loot only from corpses in range.
-We can avoid bugged target information. (it often happens when you hit nearest enemy while no mobs around)
-Of course. Now we can use all target related actions properly.
etc...

Unfortunatelly you don't have enough human resources to solve these essential problems I think.
I won't request much but please change GetDistanceFromPlayer() at leaset.
So modders can fix lots of problems. It's really easy to change this function.

example: GetDistanceFromPlayer(id) : return DistanceFromPlayer = { x=0, y=0, z=0 }

Thanks in advance.

Decors

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Decors
You should wait for the new default interface where that shouldn't be a problem :p

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ive noticed this problem too, but just use shift or ESC and re-do target and worked for me 75% of the time, But true that when fighting big mobs, mixture of magic and melee ones, It targets the mages which might be attacking from far away instead of the melee next to the char, making it very complicated if the re-target gets stuck as that means you go manual and by then, you are mostly dead.....

@Pinco Any dates yet, when the new UI will be ready?

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Any dates yet, when the new UI will be ready?
I've just patched today then checked this issue.
95% problems are solved.
Now we can target objects correctly by xy coord. (They just removed z-coord value)
It's not smart if we don't have a function to know z-coord.
But anyway much better now.

Esdejie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that can be nasty, when you fight in a building with other floors and other mobs over your head, or on an accidented ground; then if you don't begin scoring hits on "nearest target", you have to quickly spawn "next target" till you begin hitting fiends. This delay can of course be long enough to make you die :-/ Though, I didn't try it again, since arrival of new EC UI...