• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navrey drop rate when using rocks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've gotten it in my mind that I want another tangle, so I've been killing Navrey quite regularly for the last few weeks.

I've now killed her 25+ times consecutively without getting ANY special drops. This seems odd.

I normally kill her by doing this: drop rocks (takes her to 68%), pound on her (1 EoO casting give me time to get her to 24% usually), drop rocks again to kill her.

This means that generally >50% of the damage is coming from the rocks, and not my sword. Is this preventing me from getting any drops?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be sure a dev answered this before stating that using the rocks had no effect on drop rate but I can't find the thread.

I think Navery is jus tight though. I normally do the same as you. Honor, rocks, EOO, rocks, dead. I've had a couple of tangles, 3.0 sot, night-eyes. Oh and of course some TERRIBLE loot.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For sure, given how long it takes to kill her, she's got an awful loot table. I would say I have killed her 40-50 times and I've gotten 1 night-eyes and 1 SOT.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think they should spawn 5 of them at a time and make them Provokable. Even the respawn rate down there makes it too tedius to bother with.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ooh. I like that idea. Though 5 could mean an 'insta-nothing you can do about it death' for anyone trying to melee them given that even on a armored swampy with all 75s she still hits for ~30 damage.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some people say that rocks lower drop rate. They also say that they know about it from former dev. Personaly i didn't notice any difference. Usually i do rocks + eoo + rocks run and got every 10 kills or sth ike that 3.0 SOT, a lot of NIght Eyes and sometimes Tangle there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ooh. I like that idea. Though 5 could mean an 'insta-nothing you can do about it death' for anyone trying to melee them given that even on a armored swampy with all 75s she still hits for ~30 damage.
Don't have to have all 5 hitting you at once. Tbh I think they should do this with ALL bosses/champs/peerless, have 5 of them, one with a guaranteed top reward.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now to be the evil troll of the thread...... I started doing navery a few weeks ago on two different shards, one shard I used my ninja axer template the other I used a sw myst mage with sdi suit.
Both chars I have set up macros for the rocks and normally cycle them 3 times per run before its dead. On my axer char I have yet to pull a tangle over the course of 45-60 runs, on my other char I have pulled 6 tangles in 25-30 runs.
Neither char is running luck and only the axer honors navery. I have noticed a small oddity on the myst char that I am still trying to decide if its just a fluke or real. Once I have some more solid numbers I may let everyone know what this is.
I really would like to know if a sw myst mage could do say dreadhorn.. as I have yet to try that one. Im pretty sure getting the keys would be the hard part.