• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navery

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, for **** Sake.....if my screen saver set for 10 mins comes on twice between Navery spawns then there is something severely wrong here.
FIX THE NAVERY SPAWN TIME DANGIT

E

Eyes of Origin

they did set it... its every 15mins. Considering how fast it dies and how often it drops an artie, the spawn time could be decreased a bit. :(

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest concern is, that always when people start "farming" something, there's something wrong with the underlying system. Too predictable, not random enough. No reward in game should be gotten by farming. Farming kills the game. And I don't want to play a WoW-like game.

U

UOKaiser

My biggest concern is, that always when people start "farming" something, there's something wrong with the underlying system. Too predictable, not random enough. No reward in game should be gotten by farming. Farming kills the game. And I don't want to play a WoW-like game.
Farming is the essence of pvm. The only reason to kill any monster more than once. There's not enough monsters that can be placed in this game to keep a pvm player occupied for 12 years. It's always the chance of something if it be rare items, gold, or random loot item.

T

taglol

Don't drag WoW into this, especially as it seems you've never played it. Because if you had, you'd have known that you can only do the big bosses once per week. And that no reward in game should be gotten by farming? So if I want to be the best, and have the best possible items, I would have to pay those who are lucky? That sounds stupid, and if you fail to see it, that promotes farming too, at least if you're not swimming in gold like me.

UOKaiser said:
Farming is the essence of pvm. The only reason to kill any monster more than once. There's not enough monsters that can be placed in this game to keep a pvm player occupied for 12 years. It's always the chance of something if it be rare items, gold, or random loot item.
And this.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game is all about choices you do what is fun for you. Farming is something many of us enjoy waiting 15 min for a critter to spawn is no fun for anyone. If you had to hunt something to make it spawn like say the mini spawns that would be ok or if you needed to get keys again okay but to have the area just sit vacant for 15 min just seems wasteful. Farmers farm, crafters craft, pvpers pvp, to each a style many of us enjoy all the styles but none of them are inherently bad for the game just different.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game is all about choices you do what is fun for you. Farming is something many of us enjoy waiting 15 min for a critter to spawn is no fun for anyone.
Whats the problem? If you dont like to farm the Navrey, dont farm it then damnit.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I want to farm, I'll will farm, it's my money, don't like it....too bad.
No way I'm paying pathetic amounts of gold for stuff in this here game....

The 15 minute thing has it's pro's and con's.....15 minutes gives a chance to do what ya gotta do in between kills.

Who still uses a screensaver anyways?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to make the drops occur less, make Navery harder, don't just put a long spawn timer in between. That seems like kind of a slap in the face.

"Here you can kill this in 5 minutes, but now you have to wait 15 to fight it again."

Seems a bit backward.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to make the drops occur less, make Navery harder, don't just put a long spawn timer in between. That seems like kind of a slap in the face.

"Here you can kill this in 5 minutes, but now you have to wait 15 to fight it again."

Seems a bit backward.
That might work on siege but i have a hard time to see this as a solution on prodo shards.
Its just to many ppl camping it, so how ever hard they tune him he will still be ****d in no time.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might work on siege but i have a hard time to see this as a solution on prodo shards.
Its just to many ppl camping it, so how ever hard they tune him he will still be ****d in no time.
Very true.

S

Sonoma

they did set it... its every 15mins. Considering how fast it dies and how often it drops an artie, the spawn time could be decreased a bit. :(
Really, that often? I have been "Farming" it for over 3 days now at about 8 hours a day on a char with over 1900 luck. Can you guess how many drops I have gotten? Nothing. Not a single artifact, SoT, or even a shirt that says "Im wasting my life away on a computer and all I have so far is this stupid shirt". I am playing on a Spellweaver, Mystic, Mage, and am doing way more then enough damage to get looting rights on every kill.

No the drop rate is way too low for it to be spawning so slow. Especially without a point system like I mentioned in a previous post. I could keep going like this for months and never get a single drop.

Now I agree that things should be challenging. But there is a line between "a challenge that makes you want to keep playing", and "a pain in the butt monotonous task that makes you want to throw your computer out the window and never log in again". Which one do you think is really better for UO in the long run? A system where people are guarenteed to get something they want if they work hard for it, or a system where people keep getting more and more frustrated every time they log in, and when they finally do get what they are after so are so fed up they say "Finally, its about damn time, now I can trun this freakin game off and get the hell out of here."

No, Im not threatening to quit, but I am saying that this stuff should be fun. If I dont get an arti fine, al long as I have fun or get something worth my while. As is I am neither having fun nor getting anything worth while. And from the comments everybody else down there is making, they are all feeling the same.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you dont find Navrey fun why do it?
I might be stupid but i dont see the problem.

I like when at least some items are hard to get, i say keep it as it is.

T

Tukaram

Actually I like to hunt monsters for the fun. Solens, Demons, and Fishing are my favorite pastimes in game. I do loot them because they are there but the loot is so minimal I'm there for the fun of it.

L

Lady_Mina

Would be sweet if the timer was just random.

wouldn't mind if there was even 3-4 hours in between.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that no reward in game should be gotten by farming? So if I want to be the best, and have the best possible items, I would have to pay those who are lucky? That sounds stupid, and if you fail to see it, that promotes farming too, at least if you're not swimming in gold like me.
Any system that requires mindless repetitive tasks kills the spirit of a game. It makes people play for items or levels, instead of playing WITH other people, for the sake of adventure.

I pity you if you need the rarest of artifacts in order to have fun in UO. You obviously have not understood what UO really offers. This isn't meant as a personal attack. It is more an indirect criticism of UO, because the game more and more fails to make people go on adventures in a group, and more and more encourages people playing for items like any other single-player game.

Things were different before AoS, believe me.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really give a hoot what any of you do in the game, my point is (and I should have said this in the original post) that no other creature in the game takes anywhere near this long to respawn....why this one?
plus I don't mind if the respawns aren't instant. I actually prefer some time to loot without being retargeted immediatly but more than 5 mins between death and respawn is unacceptable. Unless you need keys or a quest to make it spawn. that's fine.

U

UOKaiser

Actually I like to hunt monsters for the fun. Solens, Demons, and Fishing are my favorite pastimes in game. I do loot them because they are there but the loot is so minimal I'm there for the fun of it.
But after 12 years of doing this will you be content in just hunting solens,demons for the hell of it? If they had good loot and there is a chance of something you be hunting them all the time like people do in doom. But If there is nothing to gain I see alot of pvm subscriptions just ending after everyone aquired all there is to get from the monsters. I remmeber I had fun hunting cats and dogs a decade ago. I don't hunt them anymore. Sure I might kill a dog and cat on my way to something but i need to look for better loot a reason to kill something. I like to see if i can kill something but after a while theres only reason to hunt them for nostalgia.
Demons still give good karma,honor and fame gains also silver if your from the right faction. Solens are good for the quest. Fishing I being doing the last couple of weeks trying to regain my MIB that i lost. The Mib are good for imbuing items. The ancient MIB sell for alot because theres a chance for a high price artifacts because there so rare. So there is reason to do those. If there was no reason to do them me and you wouldn't bother after we knew we could do it. So in reality the reason you are having fun killing these things cause it contributes to you in some way. Unless they still challenging for you? I can kill these things by just standing there so am not sure your level of skill.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seems a bit backward.

Agreed

W

Wilde1

I agree with the OP. Either increase the drop rate of arties/trans scrolls or make him pop faster after he's been killed.

Can't imagine how standing around meets anyones definition of challenging or fun.

Edit: oh, and some of us PVMers dont mind repetitive tasks or task-persistence in order to get an infrequent drop.

G

Green Mouser

I don't really give a hoot what any of you do in the game, my point is (and I should have said this in the original post) that no other creature in the game takes anywhere near this long to respawn....why this one?
plus I don't mind if the respawns aren't instant. I actually prefer some time to loot without being retargeted immediatly but more than 5 mins between death and respawn is unacceptable. Unless you need keys or a quest to make it spawn. that's fine.
Actually I think you are missing the point. Navery is SA Boss. All the major bosses require one thing....Effort...its Effort to get keys, Greater Difficulty, or a Timer. It seems you dont like keys because you are doing Navery and not Medusa..It seems you dont like Difficulty because you arent doing Slasher...and You dont like timers because you are posting here complaining about it. Navery is a web, teleporting Reknown Strength Boss, be happy it even has drops.

Now a 15 minute timer on a boss like Stygian would be complaint worthy.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I think you are missing the point. Navery is SA Boss. All the major bosses require one thing....Effort...its Effort to get keys, Greater Difficulty, or a Timer. It seems you dont like keys because you are doing Navery and not Medusa..It seems you dont like Difficulty because you arent doing Slasher...and You dont like timers because you are posting here complaining about it. Navery is a web, teleporting Reknown Strength Boss, be happy it even has drops.

How can someone miss the point of there own post? :stretcher:
LMAO

C

canary

Any system that requires mindless repetitive tasks kills the spirit of a game. It makes people play for items or levels, instead of playing WITH other people, for the sake of adventure.

I pity you if you need the rarest of artifacts in order to have fun in UO. You obviously have not understood what UO really offers. This isn't meant as a personal attack. It is more an indirect criticism of UO, because the game more and more fails to make people go on adventures in a group, and more and more encourages people playing for items like any other single-player game.

Things were different before AoS, believe me.
I kinda get what you mean, but if someone has fun trying to get something fun, unique-ish or powerful what's the harm? They are paying players just like you and that is how THEY enjoy the game.

L

Lady_Mina

15-20min is really nothing...compared to other games where you have to wait 3-4 hours..some 14 hours...some once every 24 hours...and even worse...once a month.

W

Wilde1

15-20min is really nothing...compared to other games where you have to wait 3-4 hours..some 14 hours...some once every 24 hours...and even worse...once a month.
Poor game design by other companies shouldn't oblige this one to do the same :p

S

Serine

I got around 60 hours at navrey in game time without a drop . I agree on either increase the drop or lower the respawn timer .

And yes i get loot right every time .

Side note : kille lasher 5 times and got 3 artis . Only problem is getting people to do it .

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the loot was outstanding, I might understand a long respawn timer. However in the case of Navrey, the loot is poor and the artifact/SOT rate is very low. More importantly, it's boring to spend more time waiting rather than fighting. They could add some puzzles in that room or something else fun to do during the wait if nothing else.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't make assumptions about what I like or dislike.
Don't make assumptions about why I do one thing and not another.
You don't know anything about me.
I have done slasher, it was very fun and challenging. Problem is it is very hard to get a group of people together to do it.
I have never done the dragon so I have no input on it.

BTW I could see having a long respawn time if you could recell/gate into the place. I wouldn't mind the long wait cause I could go do soemthing else without having to run back into the lair. Freakin Wolf Spider Gauntlet!

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Theres new items, and I want them now! Please make the bosses that drop them weaker and spawn faster so I can get the new items right away and then never fight SA bosses again."

Seriously, play the game and earn your items instead of Demanding that they are essentially handed to you. Navrey should have keys added so camping farmers actually have to work instead of hit navrey a few times and then sit afk till the next one.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see both sides of the situation. I was farming there for 2 days, 8 hours a day and got nothing at all. The timers between allowed me to do other things irl, yet it was frustrating feeling like I wasted all of that time trying to get an artie. I've done slasher a few times, and when there's not enough people, it can take up to 30 minutes and multiple deaths, but 75% of the time I got an artie from Slasher, which made it seem a little more worthwhile. I don't mind doing Medusa if you have the right people in your party, the keys are easy to get on my stealther. :)

I don't feel as though I'm one of those greedy people who are just farming for a quick sale, as those who know me know that I'm a hoarder and I keep EVERYTHING. I like getting the items ingame for myself instead of buying them, and spending 16 hours waiting and getting nothing seems odd. It's reminding me of my days in Doom! LOL I think I could have made 50 mill doing other things in those 16 hours and just bought myself an apron and gotten it over with. But, that just doesn't seem as satisfying, unfortunately.

I won't be farming like that again, that's for sure. I may go there occasionally and hope for a lucky drop. :)

S

Serine

"Theres new items, and I want them now! Please make the bosses that drop them weaker and spawn faster so I can get the new items right away and then never fight SA bosses again."

Seriously, play the game and earn your items instead of Demanding that they are essentially handed to you. Navrey should have keys added so camping farmers actually have to work instead of hit navrey a few times and then sit afk till the next one.
Pfff ... been at navrey for 60 + hours killing , there is def something not right with arti drops . dont think anyone said they assume they would get the new artis like tangle. just any arti drop would be nice ... and 99 % of the players i see is doing their very best to put in as much damage as possible on the spider and so am i . :gun:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let's examine the word Artifact for a moment shall we ? :stir:

you see where i'm going with this ?