• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Napa Valley News Reporters ???

G

Do we actually have one/any....? I see the main Stratics page listings of all the shards of events, goings on, etc, our last front page entry was in late Oct 07, & the last bit of news put in was early Nov... is this Shard that dead or have all the Napa reporters been Fired/Left or on Retreat? Inquisitive minds would like to know

G

Well, since there aren't any EM events for them to cover (and for some to form conspiracy theories over) nothing really noteworthy happens.

Except for the excellent roleplaying of a few select few (Monks)

G

Uh...*thinks*

These headlines just in!

A cart of molasses overturned on the Britain to Trinsic road early this morning. Travelers are advised to stick to the inside bend.

BPA (Britannian Protection Agency) employees laid off in Britain City due to the lack of Garbage being thrown on the ground at the bank.

Blacksmiths turn florists due to downturn in wares prices.

Is Felucca dead or are you dead in Felucca - A special report by Reebdoog.

Lions, Lambs and the Lost - Kicking back in Dungeon Doom.

There

F

five oclock

jack o laterns that still spawn in farms fields that make fire fields that kill everything in sight....News at 10....

Trick or Treat...free food that should of stopped months ago..or a death wish waiting to happen thats from an evil power greater than ours..You decided...News at 11

Birt bank. Will the lag ever be as bad as it was years ago??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Luna..the paladin city that cater to evil players...A city that looks for the light in people or a city that has its own secret dark evil...News at 1

Hey even tho EMs are gone..don't mean they can't find SOME story out there. Heck look at the newspaper stand..there are always stories to be born.....Just have to look for them

G

<blockquote><hr>

this looks like a job application to me. anyone else see it that way?
maybe we sould pay him minimum wage and try this one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo way! I wouldn't be a reporter. I did my bit for the UO community by being a DJ and that was enough for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

this looks like a job application to me. anyone else see it that way?
maybe we sould pay him minimum wage and try this one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo way! I wouldn't be a reporter. I did my bit for the UO community by being a DJ and that was enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But ya was a GOOD DJ, lots of Great tunes

I

imported_AustinRules

Heck even when we had an event (Maginicia) there were no reporters around. We had to do our own reporting as events happened.

Newsflash........KR still unworkable, details at 10p.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Heck even when we had an event (Maginicia) there were no reporters around. We had to do our own reporting as events happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello?
http://uo.stratics.com/news/NapaValley.shtml#newsitem1194571928,99283,
Official news post right there, ****.

You could have written a report and sent it in to her as well, yet you didn't.

You and ManSnake could both apply to be reporters the next round as well. I doubt you will, though.

I

imported_AustinRules

The report you linked was an article written by Terrance, not our reporters. As I said we had to do our own reporting. And if I remember right Terrance wanted to be a reporter but some kind of infighting happened and he quit(?) though from his report I think he would have done quite well.

Yes I could apply to be a reporter but I don't have the computer expertise required nor do I want UO to become a 'job'. And with KR(used to play in 3D) I don't play near as much as I used to since I can't move around in KR....and too lazy to do macros in 2D since I thought KR gold was just around the corner. Boy was I wrong.

As far as sending in a report to be posted by a reporter...why? If I have something to say or news to report I just post it.

I have appreciated the efforts of our reporters in the past. And I realize not a lot is happening in Napa with our small population, no EM events anymore which were shard specific, and with UO wide events the events are mostly covered in UOHall anyway though it would be interesting to read about how Napa's defense was doing.

My only complaint was we never seem to see reporters filing stories anymore. It would be nice to see a couple articles each month....or even one report every two months. 'Nuff said, now go out there and kill something.

G

Thats why he pointed to it, He wrote it &amp; Mana put it up. (If I remember correctly, Mana was doing some College courses now &amp; why she isn't around alot)

D

Dirt Dogg

I'll volunteer to be a Napa Valley Reporter.

I can report on just about everything. Good and bad. Since I'm not affiliated with an active guild on Napa, I would report the news thorough and clear.

L

Lady Mana

If you're really interested, I can put up another "Looking For" post with all the details anyone needs to apply. Alternatively, people can just send me an email with the following info to [email protected] :

1. Real name
2. Contact email address
3. ICQ number (if applicable)
4. Character name (this must be the name of the character you will be using as your potential shard reporter)
5. Rate your HTML knowledge from 1-10, where 1 is poor and 10 is phenomenal
6. Answer this: Why do you wish to be a shard reporter for UOSS?
7. Include a brief writing sample, no more than 500 words (pictures are not welcomed and no attachments)
8. Any questions???

Yeah, I'm sorry I can't really put up posts that I've written personally, anymore. I go to a design college, which means I basically have 7+ hours of homework a night, on average. That's why I really like it when people send in reports for the news staff (you could always do it yourself, but it'll never get on the front page that way. Plus, we do our own image hosting). I had the last "looking for..." post up for over a year, and not many showed any sincere interest. It was kind of sad &gt;.&gt;

If you are interested, send the above info to me. I'll try to get a 'looking for' post up sometime, as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Heck, there are even a couple of PvP guys/gals that could do a good job. Be nice to get some 1st hand PvP news/info as well as shard news by one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell. Maybe I'll try this out. I dont have much time, but I hate UO pvp now, so rarely do it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that everyone will say that my news reports are biased and not a true representation of the UO community as a whole. I know nothing of KR, and not much about Ilshenar or any of the Mondain's Legacy dungeons. About the only thing i know is PvP, champ spawns, and harrowers.

Would anyone even care about news on that?

K

Kurgan

No wonder I have not seen you in game hon...
We (I) miss you....

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Heck, there are even a couple of PvP guys/gals that could do a good job. Be nice to get some 1st hand PvP news/info as well as shard news by one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell. Maybe I'll try this out. I dont have much time, but I hate UO pvp now, so rarely do it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that everyone will say that my news reports are biased and not a true representation of the UO community as a whole. I know nothing of KR, and not much about Ilshenar or any of the Mondain's Legacy dungeons. About the only thing i know is PvP, champ spawns, and harrowers.

Would anyone even care about news on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

its something to read...

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

Toss one/some out Wyn, something IS better then nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...