• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] usefulness of Spell Trigger?

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

(Note to moderators: There is no prefix for Mysticism.)

I'm building a mystic/mage character. Both Mysticism and Magery are in the 80s and already he seem to be a pretty effective team member on guild hunts. :)

The Spell Trigger spell confuses me, though. It's effectively a spell that enables you to cast a spell later, sort of like self-Inscription limited to one scroll at a time from the Mysticism spellbook. Especially odd to me is that one of the Spell Stones ("scrolls") you can make is for Healing Stone, i.e. a spell to cast a spell to cast a spell. Anyway, has anyone found a good use for Spell Trigger?

PS: the updated Stratics page for Mysticism is greatly improved, giving a lot more details than it did before. Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well for one I use it for insta cast enchant,and stone form! sleep and mass sleep seems buggy and never work right for me when cast from stone otherwise i would use them !

S

Stupid Miner

(Note to moderators: There is no prefix for Mysticism.)

I'm building a mystic/mage character. Both Mysticism and Magery are in the 80s and already he seem to be a pretty effective team member on guild hunts. :)

The Spell Trigger spell confuses me, though. It's effectively a spell that enables you to cast a spell later, sort of like self-Inscription limited to one scroll at a time from the Mysticism spellbook. Especially odd to me is that one of the Spell Stones ("scrolls") you can make is for Healing Stone, i.e. a spell to cast a spell to cast a spell. Anyway, has anyone found a good use for Spell Trigger?

PS: the updated Stratics page for Mysticism is greatly improved, giving a lot more details than it did before. Thanks.
It's an instant spell that doesn't cost mana. Would probably be useful for a large combo attack or to finish someone off.

and with cleanse wind, it's a free instant heal/cure/remove curse

and don't use it for healing stone, that's just useless.