• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysticism or Necromancy

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mysticism.

My primary character temp has Magery/Eval , Mysticism/Focus, Spellweaving as the casting skills. Meditation and Resist spells for mana regeneration and resist for some extra protection. Ultimately, it depends on your play style, as I know there are many good necro templates too.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have both and the necromancer is exhausting to play, you're constantly casting and watching your back. Even if I have three risen dead and two EVs, they get taken down fast and don't do much damage. As a mystic you can often chill while your RC does the work.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have both and prefer them each for different encounters.

Get a couple soul stones and have both at your disposal.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mysticism.

My primary character temp has Magery/Eval , Mysticism/Focus, Spellweaving as the casting skills. Meditation and Resist spells for mana regeneration and resist for some extra protection. Ultimately, it depends on your play style, as I know there are many good necro templates too.
is your toon gargoyle? human? or elf?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Because I tend to look for/play the most effective max damage templates per class that I can. It has by far the best synergy with Magery. Mysticism by comparison has terrible synergy with Magery and is a highly defensive playstyle, it works best in PvP, and if it was only in terms of PvP that you were asking I would say that these days Mystic/Mage is more effective than Necro/Mage, but only in PvP. In PvM it is a lazy choice for people who want to sit back and let the game play itself (i.e. summon and forget). Where as Necro is heavily involved and works best when the player knows how the game works and reacts accordingly.

Necro has the best synergy with Magery in terms of damage types covering all of them. Mysticism has too many useless chaos damage spells where you will end up targeting the highest resist rather than the lowest.

Necro has the ability to drain mana by spell damage.

Necro has the ability to increase spell damage, and curse effects.

Necro covers more ground with summons/animates. You can have 2 Skeletal Dragons with Command Undead plus 3 animated corpses. If you don't have the charmed undead you can use EV's and cover twice the ground on things like spawns.