• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Tree Fruit Farms!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last time I checked, it's not against the ToS to sell your ingame monies or objects in real world transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Maybe it should be.

It's just stupid to give your hard earn money to a Virtual Objects that you can't have irl.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Last time I checked, it's not against the ToS to sell your ingame monies or objects in real world transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Maybe it should be.

It's just stupid to give your hard earn money to a Virtual Objects that you can't have irl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people feel the same way about paying $10/month to play a game based on RL that is not RL.

X

x CiD x

maybe you should point at the ppl who sold their tree's to the tree farmer.

G

Listen everyone, I didnt say the fruit farmers were HORRIBLE human beings, I said I think it's getting out of hand when one sim can have over 150 trees and run the fruit industry.

I really do think EA should set up there own fruit farms.

As in fruit farms I am not talking to you sims with 5-10 trees, I'm talking 50+.

G

But this is a business...just like a store. They have store owners, inventory and customers, just like a store. So what's the big differance?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Listen everyone, I didnt say the fruit farmers were HORRIBLE human beings, I said I think it's getting out of hand when one sim can have over 150 trees and run the fruit industry.

I really do think EA should set up there own fruit farms.

As in fruit farms I am not talking to you sims with 5-10 trees, I'm talking 50+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then blame those who left TSO/EA-Land and sold all their items. The tree farmers only bought what might have wound up being deleted or sold to another sim who most likely did the same thing.

Trees can't be created or duplicated in any way so they are only coming from other players leaving the game or trying to make money by selling them so there's no harm or foul play going on there.

The farmers obviously invested a lot of time and money accumulating those trees and honestly they aren't or won't be making fortunes and millions because its going to take a very long time for them to recoup their initial investments before they actually start earning true profits, especially those who have very many trees. I also really don't think these people are saving every penny made from selling fruit just to use the *cash out* feature. Trust me they're spending the money back in some way.

As for being afk they're doing nothing more then other store owners who are afk even the CC store owners. Same thing for skill lots, quite often the owners or roomies in some skill lots are afk just the same and we all know the skillers are afk A LOT and more so then anyone else in the game. NO not all, but most are yes.

Honestly 1 sim at a store or anywhere being afk hurts nobody, nor the game or the economy. As for those with 10,15,20 sims afk in a house then yeah that's something to get upset about, but 1 sim is a bit ridiculous. Also as others have mentioned is running multiple accounts simultaneously and sims *thinking* that you are afk when you're only tending to your other sims that are also online.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a lawyer or anything but they do have this text:

In addition to the EA.com Terms of Service, http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp, terms regarding your rights and responsibilities regarding copyright, trademarks, and other proprietary rights, you acknowledge and agree that all characters created, items acquired and developed, and content uploaded to the Game or its website as a result of, or for, game play are part of the Game and are the sole intellectual property of EA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

its not the farms i have trouble with its people advertising they got trees to sell then no reply for days and days and well never really if they are not gonna sell em why advertise they are

[/ QUOTE ]

I must concur. I find it most annoying when someone advertises something for sale, then indicates, "Let me check stock"
Then poofs ..
Either you have it or you don't. &lt;sigh&gt;

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe, but here at EA Land Stratics we follow the Rules of Conduct.

Rule O: Activities that are against any games' Terms of Service or the User Agreement are prohibited from being promoted or advertised on our network. This includes, but is not limited to, third party programs, game item sales for real world goods, power leveling services, and/or links to such items.

Mavric

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to the EA.com Terms of Service, http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp, terms regarding your rights and responsibilities regarding copyright, trademarks, and other proprietary rights, you acknowledge and agree that all characters created, items acquired and developed, and content uploaded to the Game or its website as a result of, or for, game play are part of the Game and are the sole intellectual property of EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they would to go after hundreds of thousands of people who sold their stuff for RL money and other EA games that been doing it for years, country jails would be over-filled, taxes will be raised, gas prices would be raised and US Dollar would go down some more. Is that what you want? Huh? Huh? Do You?

Seriously, a lot of these rules are there because lawyers told them to put them there, but nobody follows most of these rules because its hard to prove who sold what. I'm sure you broke a couple of laws in your lifetime as well and never got caught for it and you will keep on doing it until somebody starts enforcing them and dish out serious punishments for it.

Furthermore, I've noticed those who complain about tree farms are just jealous that they don't have these trees. And good luck telling me that you wouldn't have done same thing if you owned 150 trees. Oh yeah, I'm sure you would keep them in your inventory alllll day and waste a money-earning opportunity.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some jaywalking to do.

G

Some games do enforce this and use a similar paragraph "everything in the game is the sole property of EA" to enforce that rule. I just objected to this guy who said there is no rule against it, by quoting said rule as I interpret it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If they would to go after hundreds of thousands of people who sold their stuff for RL money and other EA games that been doing it for years, country jails would be over-filled, taxes will be raised, gas prices would be raised and US Dollar would go down some more. Is that what you want? Huh? Huh? Do You?

[/ QUOTE ]Ummm... Nobody goes to jail as a result of a civil lawsuit. They only become poorer, while some lawyers get to buy another Mercedes.
<blockquote><hr>

Furthermore, I've noticed those who complain about tree farms are just jealous that they don't have these trees. And good luck telling me that you wouldn't have done same thing if you owned 150 trees. Oh yeah, I'm sure you would keep them in your inventory alllll day and waste a money-earning opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, brother. How come every time someone complains about the way someone else is playing, it comes down to "Oh, you're just jealous"? When did I end up back in high school?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, a lot of these rules are there because lawyers told them to put them there, but nobody follows most of these rules because its hard to prove who sold what. I'm sure you broke a couple of laws in your lifetime as well and never got caught for it and you will keep on doing it until somebody starts enforcing them and dish out serious punishments for it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some jaywalking to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wanting to correct you about your comment pertaining to the law in this matter. It is strictly a civil suit which in no way would result in the incarceration of any person, also it only pertains to an individual unless it becomes class action. Also when a person purchases anothers account, they no more than taking over the lease of the service. I do believe that the section you posted here in this forum is referring to bootlegging.