• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Mystic PVM tank

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Returning veteran here. Before I took a break (just after reforging came out) I created a suit to compliment my tank mystic for champ spawns. Everything is completely blessed so I don't have to worry about insurance in Fel. My biggest issues are mana for damage output, and being able to go on the offensive in pvp. Then again I'm just pretty bad at pvp anyway. I've yet to die standing toe to toe with any mob. I normally just spam harm or eagle strike, and spell plague along with Rising Colossus. I do not use a shield in order to keep a hand open for pots, spell book (sdi, slayer, and fc), and healing stone.

My question here is how effective are the wrestling masteries for a mage? I run 150 str and 150 int with only 10 stamina. Is Swing Speed a factor for the mastery? What about the other masteries available to this template? Are Mystic and Magery any good for this template? I've read a lot of good about spellweaving, mainly the Reaper. I am wondering if spellweaving and meditation will be a better replacement over mystic and focus in both pvm and defensive pvp. Thoughts?

Suit: 22 HPR, 22 MR, 145 HP, 45 DCI, 75 resists (with stone form), 2/6 casting (in stone form)

120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Wrestling
120 Magery
120 Eval int
120 Resist

Stoned skills: 120 necro, ss, spell weaving, meditation

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would replace Wrestling for Spellweaving. My main toon is a Mystic Mage Weaver and can do just about any PVM content in the game and can operate well in any sized group.

Also, if you have any equipment or jewels where you can get some skill points from, you can lower some of your skills and add some meditation, as you will likely be casting frequently and want all the mana regeneration you can get. In example, Crystalline Ring will give you +20 Magery and +20 Focus. You can get talismans that have +10 Focus or +10 Evaluate Intel. There are scrapper spell books with skill points on them. There are some other options as well. 120 Resist on a PVM toon is good... but I do plenty fine with 100. Right there I've named about 70 points that you could transfer to Med to boost up your MR a bit. Just a thought... good luck and welcome back!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'd replace Resist with Med, in Stone Form you're immune to Poison and stat curses anyway, carry a trap box for Parra, and Mana Drain... well it comes back usually lol. I'd also probably change 120 Wrestling for 100 Anatomy, and if you used the Crystalline that would give you an extra 60 points to play with, have Med at 100 or 80 and you could have another 80-100 points to put in something.