• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic/Ninja

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is Theory Crafting, so all input is appreciated. The main concepts is this is defense heavy at its core. Any thoughts on increasing damage is welcome.

Primary defense is Stone Form for Status effect protection. Aided by Mirror Images for 90℅ melee defense.

120 Mace or Weapon Skill
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Ninjitsu
90 TAC ( 100 with Soldiers Medal)
90 Anatomy
60 Healing (90 from Jewels)

AI- Hammer Pick, War Axe, Disc Mace
WW- Black Staff and War Hammer.

Mystic Focus- Stone Form, Healing Stone, and Rising.Colusus.

Ninjitsu- Mirror Images and Focus Attack.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...

My first question would be...is this for PvM or PvP?

PvM, I suspect it will play a bit like a melee tamer. Let the RC tank and player chips in with damage. Mirror for protection, forms for escape. Problems I see are weapons will need SC and you are likely going to be mana light. Probably quite durable with healing and mystic stone plus pots if needed but nowhere near the damage output of Mystic/SW/Mage in a 100sdi suit.

PVP - where do I start? Lots of issues IMO - if you tells us this *is* for PvP, I'll do my best to flag them... Its not that Mystic dexers can't work - I believe they do. But not with these support skills (or weapons).

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry should of stated for PvM. I was mainly looking at Mystic for Stone Form, and RC when needed.

I was looking at Ninjitsu as an alternative to Parry. At best parry would block 30 to 35℅. Where mirror image can do it 90℅ of the time. Plus your on foot, so that's giving up swamp dragon. Since your in Stone Form there's no leaching from VE.

The main downside is lack of damage.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You won't be able to use Images and Colossus at the same time as they both take followers. Your casting may be too slow to make good use of them in Stone Form anyway.

You can use Enchant for SC.

My advice is forget the Ninja, a Mystic dexxer works as it is, the Ninja element adds more defense than is actually needed. If in the rare instance you needed something off of you you can use Mass Sleep to get it to lose target.

I would replace the Ninjitsu with Chivalry.

Also be aware that you can't combine refining your armour with the Stone Form bonuses. You are better off not refining and keeping your 45 DCI, if you refine (either for resists or DCI) it will prevent your resists bonus on Stone Form.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never been a fan of refining armor. I don't have a treasure hunter or a thief. I've been trying to avoid the Chivalry route lately. Just gotten board of it. Just looking for something other than Paladin or VE.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well when you're talking about increasing damage on a dexxer there's only so many options. You could try going Swords/LJ as an alternative to the usual Bush/Chiv options, but I don't know what if any Swords weapons are right for that build in Stone Form. I'd assume you'd want to do it as a Gargoyle, so Talwar might be an option if it works with LJ. But personally I think Mace is the best option on a Mystic dexxer. One handed for Healing Stone. Diamond Mace is easy to cap with balanced stats and the Stone Form swing penalty.