• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Dexxer Solod Slasher.

• Thread starter Lord GOD(GOD)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure but probably 50+. The full suit mods are in post 10# and potting (+31 Str/Dex, with 50 E.P, on a human) took it to exactly 150 in both. So you could work it out from that if you wanted to. 255 stat cap.

Kinda already gone over everything the fight involved.

I no longer have this template as my Throwing/Wammy can do it 5x faster. Sorry not terribly helpful, but like I say I don't have it anymore so the only info I have on it is whats already posted.
That's a shame you changed it around. Sounded like a pretty impressive tank. I can never bring myself to delete an effective template. Probably why I'm almost full on 3 accounts with suited characters I never play...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

hi was wondering what stats the char has got before and after items?
Naked:
98 Str/99 HP
109 Dex
48 Int

Suited:
119 Str/119 HP
119 Dex/127 Stam
48 Int/53 Mana

Potted (+31 to Str & Dex):
150 Str/135 HP
150 Dex/158 Stam
48 Int/53 Mana

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to put it Blunt its killing me, But i did learn how to avoid death from it now its just timing of using cleansing winds on a spell trigger, Suxs when he mana vamps you just as the rocks starts to fall...

Apart from that , Killing slasher on that template is a walk in the park!

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I not getting how resists are getting above 70 am I reading something wrong?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I no longer have this template as my Throwing/Wammy can do it 5x faster. Sorry not terribly helpful, but like I say I don't have it anymore so the only info I have on it is whats already posted.
Have you posted this template somewhere?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just to revisit this, I've built this again but slightly different, as I intend to do Corgul and this seemed better suited to it than any Necro version.

The skills are the same as the original, but for the suit, as it's no longer a faction character I had to make up the resists, fortunately this just meant changing the gloves and jewels from the old suit.

One of the reasons I found it irritating before was relying on Str/Dex pots, so this time I ditched the +30 Tactics and 50 E.P in favour of stat increase.

Also, something I didn't know with the original is that the 20 DI from Stone Form is not part of either damage cap, so I built 100 DI on items.

J

[JD]

Does that mean 100 item DI + 20 stone form DI > 100 item DI?

What if you throw slayers/eoo/perfection in the mix?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I found the same thing when I built the suit with 80 DI total. I found I could still add another 20 DI in SF. When I adjust the suit next I will go for a full 100 DI. My mystic dexxer is an elf so I'll probably build it with M&S Glasses, Fey Legs, and four pieces of enhanced bloodwood armor (using the new enhancing success tool).

I've tested using my SF mystic dexxer at Corgul. I'm still working my personal tactics, but in Stone Form I'm able to hang in there pretty well. The hardest part is creating enough damage. Corgul's weakest resist is much higher than Slasher's weakest resist. I think AI with a repond slayer is the best chance. I am personally testing a broadsword (1H, AI weapon with 20 SSI after SF reduction, w/DI, HML, HSL, & Repond Slayer) with 183 total stamina. Should I be using a particular damage type weapon for Corgul?

-OBSIDIAN-

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow,cool!

When rock falling, did you endure by healing,healing stone and spell triger(cleansing winds) and heal potion?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The 20 DI from Stone Form is not part of the 100% cap from items or the 300% cap from Slayers/spells.

I'm doing Corgul with Semmerset, who is using a Discord/Necro/Mage to Corpse Skin, and I'm using a 80% fire Diamond Mace, we just did one and the highest hits were 80's. It was harder than it should have been... not sure why. I had to retrain Mystic and it isn't 120 yet, only 116 and a lot of Strangle/Bleed seemed to get through. It also meant I couldn't Trigger Cleansing Wind.

& yes thats how I countered rock fall, except heal potions are on the same timer as Healing Stone, so it was one or the other. It hits harder now than it did then.

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it much easier to use archery/throwing against slasher. If you keep RC up continously slasher will target the pet for freeze attack most of the time while you stay in the clear.

T

thesplatter

what is the actual myst dexxer temp?

are these 2 still aktual?:
100 Anat
70 Chiv
120 Fence
120 Focus
100 Healing
105 Myst(120 w/ jewels)
105 Tactics(120 w/ jewels)
or

120 Macing
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
70 Chivalry

both from this thread.

Or are there better temps now?

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what I use. Not easy to build, but very effective.

Mystic 120
Focus 120 (90 +30 on jewels)
Archery 120 (100 + Hunters headress)
tactics 100
bushido 100
anatomy 90
healing 90 (80 + stitchers mittens)
Chivalry 70 (40 +30 on jewels)

Suit is 100% LRC, All 65's (bumps to 75 in stone form), 32 LMC, 32 DCI, 6 MR, 80 DI (incl weapon), 25 HCI, +25 dex & +30 stamina, +17 int

Arty's used

Hunters Headress
Stitchers Mitten
Tangle
Spell focusing sash
Shroud of the condemned
Ranger's cloak of augmentation
Legendary detective boots
Conjurer's trinket

Imbued - leather armor, jewels

tunic (lrc, lmc, stam, mr, resist)
legs (lrc, lmc, stam, mr, resist)
gorget (lrc, lmc, stam, 2 resists)
sleeves (lmc, stam, mana inc, 2 resists)
ring (15 focus/chivalry, 15 DCI, 10 LRC, 4 dex)
brac (15 focus/chivalry, 7 DCI, 14 DI, 8 dex)

Most bows are balanced (to use heal stone), SSI, DI, ML, SL

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
what is the actual myst dexxer temp?

are these 2 still aktual?:
100 Anat
70 Chiv
120 Fence
120 Focus
100 Healing
105 Myst(120 w/ jewels)
105 Tactics(120 w/ jewels)
or

120 Macing
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
70 Chivalry

both from this thread.

Or are there better temps now?
They are really the same template except one has mace fighting and one has fencing. What you missed was that the 90 Tactics in the second was really 120 with +15 on ring and brace respectively. I personally like the fencing template better because you can use a leafblade for AI. With 30 SSI on the leafblade, the -10 SSI from Stone Form is a non-issue because the base swing speed is 2.75s. With 20 SSI and 120 stamina, you swing the leafblade at 1.25s.

-OBSIDIAN-

Mungo Tolkien

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Macing
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
70 Chivalry

79/80/65/80/65, 100 lrc, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 45 dci, 50 e.p., +30 tactics.

This came about because I was messing around on TC recently on a Mystic Mage and decided to test the Stone Form immunities by tanking the Slasher in Stone Form & Protection.

In no particular order here are some explanations.

Stone Form gives -10 SSI penalty, and you need a hand free to use Healing Stone, so I went with Macing for the Diamond Mace. With 20 SSI (30 Imbued), and 150+ Stamina it swings at the cap (1.25s).

Stone Form prevents (among other things) Curse and Poison so bandages can't be blocked, and neither can their speed be lowered.

The Curse immunity also prevents resists being dropped.

The resists are what they are because I wanted it to be impossible to drop below all 75's. The character is human and in Protection, human Protection (because of JOAT Inscription) gives -14 Physical resist. Stone Form gives +10 to all resists and +5 to all resist caps. Corpse Skin does +10/-15/+10/-15/0 to resists but obviously I don't want to rely on the +10's. So the resists are 79/80/65/80/65 so that when the character is in Protection it becomes 65/80/65/80/65, in Stone Form it becomes 75/90/75/90/75, and if Corpse Skinned it becomes 85/75/85/75/75.

All 75's gives better average resists than a max resists Greater Dragon (averages all 74's). If the character was an Elf (who have -15 Physical from Protection due to no JOAT Inscription) it would be possible to make 75/75/75/75/80 and average 76's across the board.

Mysticism spells, aside from Enchant, require a Spell Channeling weapon but as this would add an extra mod to the weapon I decided to rely on Enchant. Which makes the weapon Spell Channel -1 FC and up to 60 in a hit spell. This lasts for 2 minutes so is fine. Against some monsters (ones which counter attack) hit spell is not a good idea as it is weak damage that makes the counter attack more frequent, so for the Slasher, which counter attacks with that Dismount attack that does high damage, I just used Enchant to add Dispel.

Healing Stone and another on Spell Trigger allows a combined 600 points of healing that can be used while frozen. As well as bandages, and when Healing Stone is recharging, potions.

JOAT Magery for casting Protection so no need to carry scrolls. Can also Teleport and a few other things.

Despite having Tactics & Anatomy Animate Weapon is still too weak to bother with, especially when you can use Colossus.

With around 6 ways to heal all unblockable and uninterruptable and 4 ways to remove curse (theres still a few that can get through like Mind Rot) the character never came anywhere close to dying and the Healing isn't actually finished (70's) as I've built this in 2 days.

The character is capable of using Mysticism spells mid fight, though I also intend to make a weapon for dropping back and playing as a caster without the need of Enchant.

*Just thought I'd share because, well, its something different, and people have been skeptical of Mysticism's usefulness for dexxers.*

is it just me or has this template idea got alot better now you can reforge and refine armor? Lord God is there anychanges to this template and Armor