• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Dexxer Solod Slasher.

• Thread starter Lord GOD(GOD)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
L

Lord GOD(GOD)

120 Macing
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
70 Chivalry

79/80/65/80/65, 100 lrc, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 45 dci, 50 e.p., +30 tactics.

This came about because I was messing around on TC recently on a Mystic Mage and decided to test the Stone Form immunities by tanking the Slasher in Stone Form & Protection.

In no particular order here are some explanations.

Stone Form gives -10 SSI penalty, and you need a hand free to use Healing Stone, so I went with Macing for the Diamond Mace. With 20 SSI (30 Imbued), and 150+ Stamina it swings at the cap (1.25s).

Stone Form prevents (among other things) Curse and Poison so bandages can't be blocked, and neither can their speed be lowered.

The Curse immunity also prevents resists being dropped.

The resists are what they are because I wanted it to be impossible to drop below all 75's. The character is human and in Protection, human Protection (because of JOAT Inscription) gives -14 Physical resist. Stone Form gives +10 to all resists and +5 to all resist caps. Corpse Skin does +10/-15/+10/-15/0 to resists but obviously I don't want to rely on the +10's. So the resists are 79/80/65/80/65 so that when the character is in Protection it becomes 65/80/65/80/65, in Stone Form it becomes 75/90/75/90/75, and if Corpse Skinned it becomes 85/75/85/75/75.

All 75's gives better average resists than a max resists Greater Dragon (averages all 74's). If the character was an Elf (who have -15 Physical from Protection due to no JOAT Inscription) it would be possible to make 75/75/75/75/80 and average 76's across the board.

Mysticism spells, aside from Enchant, require a Spell Channeling weapon but as this would add an extra mod to the weapon I decided to rely on Enchant. Which makes the weapon Spell Channel -1 FC and up to 60 in a hit spell. This lasts for 2 minutes so is fine. Against some monsters (ones which counter attack) hit spell is not a good idea as it is weak damage that makes the counter attack more frequent, so for the Slasher, which counter attacks with that Dismount attack that does high damage, I just used Enchant to add Dispel.

Healing Stone and another on Spell Trigger allows a combined 600 points of healing that can be used while frozen. As well as bandages, and when Healing Stone is recharging, potions.

JOAT Magery for casting Protection so no need to carry scrolls. Can also Teleport and a few other things.

Despite having Tactics & Anatomy Animate Weapon is still too weak to bother with, especially when you can use Colossus.

With around 6 ways to heal all unblockable and uninterruptable and 4 ways to remove curse (theres still a few that can get through like Mind Rot) the character never came anywhere close to dying and the Healing isn't actually finished (70's) as I've built this in 2 days.

The character is capable of using Mysticism spells mid fight, though I also intend to make a weapon for dropping back and playing as a caster without the need of Enchant.

*Just thought I'd share because, well, its something different, and people have been skeptical of Mysticism's usefulness for dexxers.*

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome man. What was the total time of fight? My sampire does pretty well but.. it's isn't fully functional.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very interesting! I was looking at your suit totals... You crammed a lot of stuff on there. How did you build the suit with all those resists, the DCI/HCI and fit 100 LRC/40 LMC?

I remember some discussion of + tactics skill items not getting the full advantage. Are you sure you are getting the 100 tactics dmg bonus without a real 100 skill. You could easily change your jewels to put +15 tactics and +15 chiv.

How is running without FC working with the template?

As for the diamond mace, I assume you are running something like 30 SSI, 40 DI, Demon Slayer, HML, HSL, and then enchanting as you stated (sc, fc -1, hit dispel). Are you able to hit 300 DI max. I only count 250 (100 DI, 100 from super slayer, 50 from EOO). Or does the DI + EOO = 150 which is then doubled by the super slayer?

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't know how long it took but it wasn't fast. My sampire does more damage but gets Cursed dropping swing and resists, DP'd, and can't heal when frozen. So he spends most of the fight Removing Curse. This character can stay on the Slasher the entire fight.

The suit uses Faction Spirit Of The Totem, Armor Of Fortune, Faction Primer, Quiver Of Infinity, Conjurer's Garb, Faction Crimson, the rest is Imbued. The Faction pieces aren't essential, the Faction Spirit only has 0/7/2/6/6 better than a normal one, the Faction Primer gives 10 hci as would a Conjurer's Trinket, the 5 extra Dex from the Crimson is minimal but could be made on jewelry for a non faction suit. Stone Form also gives 20 di.

With human JOAT Alchemy and 50 e.p. Greater Strength & Dexterity potions do +31, which make both up to 150.

Not sure what you're talking about with Tactics, I have 90 real, jewelry takes it to 120.

The template plays in Protection so as not to be disrupted so FC is a non issue.

Yes, those are the mods on the Diamond Mace. I'm not hitting the DI cap, its 250, the hits do 50 something damage. Edit: actually 50-60.

You could modify it a number of ways for other things, like a Leafblade of Ease for Feint, or use Curse Weapon instead of Healing.

H

Hurley

Wow. I'm very impressed by your ingenuity. Would you be willing to break down your entire suit, piece by piece?

S

Stupid Miner

Very nice.

Doesn't seem to be a Template to farm him on, but definitely has bragging rights. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Very cool! I have a toon that I don't play and was going to make a dexer out of him, I may just borrow this from you to mess around with!
Thanks for the info!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just did another one it took an hour and no one else got involved this time. The first one (although I still consider it solo because it was just a case of grinding it out) two other people were occasionally on it (between running to the tree).

[Hurley]: Sure I'll post the suit later on, but I need to log for the moment (already 15 mins late).

[SM]: In what way is it not a template to farm it on?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Faction Spirit Of The Totem: 20/10/10/10/10, 15 hci, 20 str, 15 rpd
Imbued barbed gorget: 17/19/15/16/13, 20 lrc, 8 lmc
Armor Of Fortune: 2/4/3/3/4, 40 lrc, 15 dci, 200 luck
Imbued barbed legs: 17/19/14/15/12, 20 lrc, 8 lmc
Imbued barbed sleeves: 12/18/9/17/18, 20 lrc, 8 lmc
Imbued barbed gloves: 12/11/18/18/9, 8 lmc, 8 stamina, 5 mana
Faction Primer: 20 di, 10 hci, 1 str, 2 hpr
Back: Quiver Of Infinity
Ring: 8 lmc, 8 hci, 10 dci, 25 e.p., 15 Tactics
Bracelet: 20 di, 12 hci, 10 dci, 25 e.p., 15 Tactics
Diamond Mace: 40 di, 30 ssi, demon slayer, 50 stam leech, 40 mana leech
Conjurer's Garb: 2 mr, 5 dci
Faction Crimson: 10 dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr
Nocturne Earrings (Night Sight)
(other 20 di from Stone Form)
---
80/81/69/80/66, 100 lrc, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 45 dci, 50 e.p., 30 Tactics
---

JOAT Spellweaving: Attunement/Renewal
JOAT Magery: Protection/Teleport... and some other stuff
Mysticism: Stone Form/Enchant/Healing Stone/Spell Trigger/Colossus/Cleansing Wind/Spell Plague
Chivalry: EoO/Divine Fury/Consecrate/Cleanse By Fire/Close Wounds/Remove Curse/Dispel Evil/Sacred Journey/Noble Sacrifice
Bandages: Heal/Cure/Ressurection
50 E.P.: Str/Dex/Heal/Cure/Refresh
Primer: Strangle/Mortal/Bleed/Poison
Other: Apples/Trap Box
(Mysticism isn't 120 yet so sometimes Curses still get through...)

Only vulnerability is really Mana Vamp, Stone Form is immnue also to Bleed and Sleep. The other thing is unlike with a sampire you still work in a group and make a pretty amazing xhealer. The long cast time on some stuff from being in Protection is actually a bonus as it gives you time for bandage macro/Healing Stone etc, plus it isn't counter attacking while you're frozen.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What do you mean by, "Mysticism isn't 120 yet so sometimes curses still get through"? I didn't think stone form scaled based on mysticism/focus. I thought once you were in it you were in it (like vamp form).

Thanks for the clarification. You've got my wheels turning thinking about your template.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Stone Form doesn't wear off after a certain level. I'm not sure it wears off at all, though I seem to remember once testing the minimum skill to stay in form and *think* it did then.

The immunities are scaled against Mysticism and Focus (or Imbuing). Not entirely the same, but similar, to how Parra (based on Eval) is scaled against Resist (full immunity when they are equal). The Slasher has 150 Eval. So on rare occasions (very rare) it can still Poison/Curse. Some of them aren't based on Eval, for example Bleed immunity might be based on Tactics, Sleep immunity might be based on Focus. Casted Poison/Curse is probably based on Eval. Special attack Poisons/Curses might be based on Wrestling or Tactics. I don't know this is how it works for fact, however this is how it worked vs players when I tested Mysticism in beta and how it seems to still work now.

For example in both fights combined it has poisoned me once.

When it has spell words above its head it is placing Curses, when it freezes you with terror (when you run towards it - not the Howl attack) it places Mind Rot. (If you have no Resist - with Resist this rarely happens.)

Anyone who has fought it before knows it fires debuffs (clumsey/weaken/feeblemind) like theres no tomorrow hardly any of these get through. Its Curse (when it has spellwords aboves its head, and the one that affects resists) has also got through once in both fights combined. (Which is pretty good for 2hrs of fight and 113 Mysticism imo.)

(The Stygian Dragons 'freeze with terror' attack when you run towards it works the same way - places Mind Rot - both are taken from Crimson Dragons.)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for this thread. I've got a build on Test Center started to see how it works. I'm going to try scaling the Myst/Focus starting at 100/100 and then 110/110 and see how it works with stone form immunities. I'm trying to use the curse weapon route for healing and go with 50 bushido (20 real plus 30 from jewels) just for perfection. I can hit the 300 DI cap this way (100 DI + super slayer + perfection or 100 DI + normal slayer). Of course this is just an experiment. I'll tell you know it goes.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just 120'd Mysticism today and went and did another, this time not one Poison or Curse, so it looks like 120/120 gives 100% immunity.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm trying to test a stone-form Mystic-Dexxer build on Test Center that was inspired from this thread. Instead of chivalry, I am using necro. My primary form of healing is curse weapon and bandages. I started with Miasma. Without any issues there I moved onto Navrey. Unfortunately, Navrey keeps giving me dirt naps. I just can't sit there and tank him like I can with my sampire. Even with both curse weapon and healing, my stamina is being crushed. As my swing speed decreases I'm not leeching back enough life... and then I'm dead. I'm running a bronze leafblade with 100 DI on the suit and with a Spider slayer weapon (which should bring me to my damage cap). I'm using a leafblade for feint. My problem is stamina... I don't hit him hard enough to leech back enough stamina. And I can't generate a heavy hit critical like I do on my sampire. Without parry and a swamp dragon, I'm getting hit too much to keep up. Like I said, for forms of healing, I've got curse weapon, 90/90 healing, and a healing stone with another on trigger. I admit I'm still getting used to using the healing stone. But even with bandages and curse weapon I'm getting pounded due to my stamina loss. Got any recommendations on how to keep up your stamina when you are only hitting for about 60-70 per swing? Divine fury is not an option as I'm running without chiv on this test char.

Thanks! I want to put this to work on a real server, but until I get the concept down I'm working it on Test Center.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

At 120 you can Spell Trigger Cleansing Wind also. Though the cooldown on it is terrible.

As for your Stamina, seeing as you're 1h anyway for Healing Stone, Total Refresh potions will keep you full.

I'm surprised Stamina is the problem. For something like Navrey Mirror Images would probably help you more than Curse Weapon.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am trying a diamond mace now with:

30 SSI
Spider Slayer
44 DI (brings me to 100 DI)
49 HML
44 HSL

This should hit harder and hopefully leech more. Down side is I cannot use feint. Navrey is currently stuck on Test Center so I can't get to him, but I will try back later.

I'm testing 100 myst/100 focus at the moment and will go up to 110/110 next and then 120/120. At 100/100, DI increase is 16, max resists is +4 (74) and you get a +8 across all resists. So it does scale. The reason I used curse weapon is I am so used to using vamp form that I wanted to use that method as my primary means to heal. The bandages are secondary, and all the other methods are tertiary. I really miss parry and bushido, but I'm working it. I just adjusted his test center suit and we'll see if this goes better.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't think anything will ever beat the all round survivability and damage output of a sampire, but there are definitely situations where this has an advantage, not needing to leech to live is probably the biggest.

I can also see it being extremely useful on something like Paroxysmus', more solo options, and for groups with no Poison tics going off it wont be retargeting all the time.

Recent events on Atlantic also had some area Lethal monsters. Vetting pets on a Medusa, if you position the pet on top of her and stand next to it the retarget won't last. Taming Greater Dragons, Bleed & Poison immunity. Fighting gauntlet Impalers too.

Definitely lots of situations, not necessarily all dexxer ones. I don't know if its still the case, but during beta Evil Twins couldn't copy Mysticism, so maybe theres also something in there for Travesty.

Isn't Feint based on Bushido anyway? Pretty sure a Dev said that 120 Bushido makes it last 6 seconds. I haven't really been using it with specials so far, just as a stand there and grind it down type character, even summoning Colossus to help. Thats something you could do on Navrey, if you back Navrey on to the same tile as a Colossus it will target that instead of you.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Its taken 40 minutes to an hour out of the 10 or so I've done fully solo.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was considering taking a route like this back when SA came out, decided not to do any changes, but I am now reconsidering...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the set up I just made:

100 Anat
70 Chiv
120 Fence
120 Focus
100 Healing
110 Myst(120 w/ jewels)
100 Tactics(120 w/ jewels)

Suit:
Mace and Shield
Gorget: 4HPI 8LMC 11/19/12/18/9
Sleeves: 2HPI 8LMC 9/19/10/18/6
HOTL
Primer Talisman
Stormgrip
Fey Legs
Shroud of Condemned
Crimson
Leafblade: 44sl 49ml Demon Slayer 20SSI 43DI
Bracelet: 20EP 13HCI 10DCI 10 Myst 10 Tactics
Ring: 20EP 12HCI 10 Tactics 25DI 6LMC

All the items are faction. Keep in mind this is a Siege Perilous suit, so it isn't as great as the production ones, the totals are:
45HCI
45DCI
25HPI
22LMC
30HLD
31 Stat bonus
113DI(+Demon and EoO bous)
40EP
74's Across the board(Myst is only 100 right now, Focus is 113)

I think it looks pretty good. No LRC, but I will just carry about 200 each Myst reg with me.

Even with only 10SSI on my blade after the stone form curse, I still swing at cap with 150 dex. I will probably run something as far as stats like
80 Str
105 Dex
70 int

Before adding items/pots. Figure I will throw on crimson, glasses, primer, robe to give me:
91/120/75

After pots about
121/150/85(Balm of Wisdom)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Instead of...

110 Myst(120 w/ jewels)

...wouldn't it be better to go 120/90, then you only need 2 properties on jewelry instead of 3.

Sounds fine though.

J

[JD]

on my mage/myst with 1/3 fc/fcr i cast stoneform and it puts me at -1 fc, 3 fcr

casting protection doesn't make me 0...

is this a display issue or am i actually -1 fc

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of...

110 Myst(120 w/ jewels)

...wouldn't it be better to go 120/90, then you only need 2 properties on jewelry instead of 3.

Sounds fine though.
If my math is correct the ring is at 478.9 / 500 intensity already. Going to +15 would take it over 500.

He's also on SP and may not want to spend 20 crystalline blackrock.

J

[JD]

I am trying a diamond mace now with:

30 SSI
Spider Slayer
44 DI (brings me to 100 DI)
49 HML
44 HSL

This should hit harder and hopefully leech more. Down side is I cannot use feint.
If you can put 100 DI on your suit [20 (Talisman) + 50 (jewels) + 25 (Stormgrip] and remove it from your weapon, maybe get mace and shield for 10 DI or use 1 Heartwood armor piece....

...My imbuing calc informs me the following is possible:

Leafblade

UBWS
Slayer
SSI 20
HML 35
HSL 35

Total=449 Weight

Bonus is if you head to Miasma's labyrinth the minotaurs there frequently drop split resist weapons. You can find one with no mods or DI, and pof+imbue it.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would like clarification on this as well. I thought protection was -2 from the cap and that stoneform was -1.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't have an accurate way to test this, and I don't know about the display issue (as I know you use the EC), but... from what I can tell there is no difference in cast time between being in Prot and being in Prot & Stone Form, which suggests it is not going to -2 FC. With an additional -1 FC from Enchant, I still can't see a difference, but like I say I don't have an accurate way to test this.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If my math is correct the ring is at 478.9 / 500 intensity already. Going to +15 would take it over 500.

He's also on SP and may not want to spend 20 crystalline blackrock.
Maybe, but its using 3 proptery slots when 2 would suffice.

Hes at 98 DI without it on the jewelry.

Doing it the other way would allow 94 & 97 intensity left on each jewel.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

How does this build work against Medussa?
It probably doesn't. You can't be poisoned but you could still be Mortaled, that said a Stone Form Tamer would easily be able to stand next to the pet and Vet it. If you position the pet and Medusa on the same tile and stand next to them.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I would like clarification on this as well. I thought protection was -2 from the cap and that stoneform was -1.
Protection lowers your FC cap by 2.
Stone Form lowers your equipped FC by 2.

However I have none equipped to start with and mine does not seem to go to -2.

J

[JD]

It probably doesn't. You can't be poisoned but you could still be Mortaled, that said a Stone Form Tamer would easily be able to stand next to the pet and Vet it. If you position the pet and Medusa on the same tile and stand next to them.
I happen to have a myst (100/100) tamer with a wide variety of pets at my disposal. I'm gonna have to check this out

I've only done Medusa once, with a bunch of others. There was too much mayhem for me to tell what was going on and pay attention to necessary details. What do you think I'd need to do in the way of tactics?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I happen to have a myst (100/100) tamer with a wide variety of pets at my disposal. I'm gonna have to check this out

I've only done Medusa once, with a bunch of others. There was too much mayhem for me to tell what was going on and pay attention to necessary details. What do you think I'd need to do in the way of tactics?
Below 120/120 you will still get Poisoned. Within 2 tiles of her she has an area Lethal Poison 'snake hair' attack. Otherwise it is only when she shoots you.

She is a Counter Attack monster, like Mephistis. If you're attacking her in any way including pets/summons she will target switch to you. You can minimize this by having your pet on the same tile that she is on. Monsters always target whatever's nearest thats attacking them. That way even when she does target switch to you you won't have to do anything as she'll retarget the pet.

So you need to be ajacent to the tile that her and your pet are on. Other than that you will just have to Vet and Cleansing Wind/Heal yourself for the shots that do land.

Failing to harvest her scales (use a blade on her) while shes alive also causes her to flag aggressor on you unless you're hidden.

You may want to use Hail Storm or Mind Blast (works without Eval) to kill Evil Twins of your pet. Minimize the chance of your own Evil Twins (if you don't have Gorgon Lenses) by taking off your Mage Weapon.

Expect a long boring fight, they haven't changed her much since beta and it worked then. Medusa is pretty easy on any template.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Mystic Dexxer Solod Slasher

Nice work on Mephitis.

I finally got some time after my trip the past few weeks to look at this again. I decided that it is time to move off Test Center and try to start the build on a prodo shard. The only problem I have is that the char must be a gargoyle. My artificer was effectively a single-purpose char and wasn't getting any use (except imbuing). So I am going to convert him into a mystic dexxer. I will either use 120 imbuing instead of focus or swap focus and imbuing via soulstones.

The problem I am debating now is over weapons. I have a plan for the suit that will work nice. However, no one handed gargoyle weapon hits as hard as a Diamond Mace. What weapon would you recommend I use as a garg? I'm thinking the disc mace for AI, but the DPS are inferior to human/elf options. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Re: Mystic Dexxer Solod Slasher

I don't actually use any weapon specials on that character, other than Whirlwind with a Black Staff for spawns. I'm not sure I'd do it with a gargoyle but if I had to I'd go with Swords, 180 Stamina & 45 SSI (reduced to 35 with Stone Form) will give you max swing with the Gargish Talwar 16-18 base damage and Whirlwind.

That would also give you the option of Stone War Sword for AI (not at cap but 1.5s), and Dual Short Axes for Double Strike (though 2h so you couldn't use Healing Stone).

This is the gargoyle I'm currently playing:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1729521#post1729521
I wasn't going to post it but it sounds like you might be interested in it, as with the suit requirements you'd need for the Mystic Dexxer on a gargoyle, you could be doing a lot more - though it would still leave you out of a character for your Imbuer - but I suppose if you were going to stone that in and out with Focus, you could equally do it with any other skill.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The main reason I was looking at this template was to solve some of the ultra-solo challenges that my sampire had trouble with (i.e. Slasher). How much of a disadvantage do you think I will be in if use a 2H weapon and can't use a healing stone or pots without unequipping? The thought of running a Gargish Talwar at 1.25s/swing is appealing as it would out-damage the diamond mace and has whirlwind built in.

Does stone form negate your gender like wraith does for Semidar? Maybe I should be thinking about this char as a spawner instead. I just want to make the sole gargoyle on my line-up useful. If I can do it and leave imbuing in the template then that would be a bonus.

I appreciate your advice!

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

How much of a disadvantage do you think I will be in if use a 2H weapon and can't use a healing stone or pots without unequipping?
I don't think it would be possible without Healing Stone, you would need to keep stopping to cast Cleansing Wind, unless you're still fitting Curse Weapon in somehow that is.

Does stone form negate your gender like wraith does for Semidar?
I don't know sorry.

Maybe I should be thinking about this char as a spawner instead. I just want to make the sole gargoyle on my line-up useful. If I can do it and leave imbuing in the template then that would be a bonus.
If I had a gargoyle that I couldn't do this or a Thrower with I would make a Discord/Colossus character.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm glad I kept looking. I found an alternative weapon that I somehow kept overlooking. The Dread Sword is a 1H gargoyle weapon with a base damage of 15-16 and 3.5s base swing. With 180 stamina and 45 SSI (assuming -10 from stone form to make it 35) I can swing that almost on par with a Diamond Mace. I'm getting my SSI from the Breastplate of the Berserker (10), Warden's Armor of Augmentation (5), and weapon (30).

I noticed you did not use M&S Glasses. With 50 HCI (15 ring, 15 brace, 10 Conj Trinket, 5 Void Infused Kilt, 5 racial bonus), do you think I can also go without HLD? I need the earring slot to wear Folded Steel Glasses to hit 45 DCI. Otherwise, I can only hit 40 DCI which won't work. Plus, this frees up the wing slot for the Warden's armor of Augmentation to help me get a key 5 SSI bonus. And then I can wear a Crimson Cincture instead of a Tangle as well which helps the dex/stamina situation.

I think my biggest challenge will be getting 180 Stamina fit onto the suit with LRC and LMC, but I'm working it. I really want to make this gargoyle character viable.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'm glad I kept looking. I found an alternative weapon that I somehow kept overlooking. The Dread Sword is a 1H gargoyle weapon with a base damage of 15-16 and 3.5s base swing. With 180 stamina and 45 SSI (assuming -10 from stone form to make it 35) I can swing that almost on par with a Diamond Mace. I'm getting my SSI from the Breastplate of the Berserker (10), Warden's Armor of Augmentation (5), and weapon (30).
? Same speed, less damage than the Talwar.

I noticed you did not use M&S Glasses. With 50 HCI (15 ring, 15 brace, 10 Conj Trinket, 5 Void Infused Kilt, 5 racial bonus), do you think I can also go without HLD? I need the earring slot to wear Folded Steel Glasses to hit 45 DCI. Otherwise, I can only hit 40 DCI which won't work. Plus, this frees up the wing slot for the Warden's armor of Augmentation to help me get a key 5 SSI bonus. And then I can wear a Crimson Cincture instead of a Tangle as well which helps the dex/stamina situation.

I think my biggest challenge will be getting 180 Stamina fit onto the suit with LRC and LMC, but I'm working it. I really want to make this gargoyle character viable.

-OBSIDIAN-
To get 180 Stamina you need 4 Imbued pieces, which means ditching the kilt, that way you can still get 45 HCI/DCI, you also need to reach 150 Dex (over 140 Dex for your bandages - 150 Dex so your Stamina reaches over 180) so you really need 50 EP (+30 stat pots on a garg) and set your base stats so that in your suit you're exactly 30 below 150 so none is wasted. With the DI on talisman, chest and weapon the DI split on the jewelry is pretty low 12/13 which makes it easier, which will probably leave 1 property on each, which you could use to finish LMC and add more stats or LRC.

HLD is always optional. You need to remember with this build you're not a sampire or wammy, you don't need to hit to live you can heal while frozen and out of Stamina. You're primarily healing with Bandages, then Healing Stone, then Spell Trigger Cleansing Wind, then casted Cleansing Wind, then pots. Remember also that using Healing pots will affect the recharge of Healing Stone - so imo its best to use the Stone first then if you still need a boost the pots when the timer is up - as the Healing Stone wont be fully recharged in 10s - using Healing pots will reset the Healing Stone recharge timer, you'll need to manage the use of both.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to hit 180 stamina without using pots. That is an option, but it isn't my first. Unfortunately, the best I can come up with is 178. I was hoping I could alter a Cloak of Power to get the final +2 Dex. No go. Here's what I've got so far:

Base Dex = 125
Crimson Cincture = 5 Dex
Ring = 8 Dex
Bracelet 8 Dex

Total Dex = 146

Stamina Increase
Gargoyle Necklace = 8
Gargoyle Arms = 8
Gargoyle Kilt = 8 (I ditched the Void Infused Kilt)
Gargoyle Legs = 8

Total Stamina Increase = 32

146 + 32 = 178 Total Stamina

Bummer! So close. I am hoping I am missing something, but I can't think of any items that have any extra Dex or stamina increase except in slots that are dedicated to my Folded Steel Glasses (must have for DCI), my Berserker's Breastplate (must have for SSI), and my Warden's Armor of Augmentation (must have for SSI). Do you see something obvious I am missing?

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Other than using potions or changing the glasses the only other way you're going to get max swing with a 3.5s weapon on a gargoyle is to use the Jade Arm Band (which I *think* is probably no longer imbuable) and a Turquoise Ring for an extra 10 SSI, giving you 55 SSI that would let you reach the cap with 150 Stamina.

I

I Am Hypnotic

Could anyone put a list of all the spawns/bosses/monsters worth killing that this template are good for?

Is it just slasher or what else?..

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started playing around with this temp and I love it. I built my suit around imbued heartwood pieces and managed all of the stats that GOD has on his.

I have solo'd Navery a few times with it. It takes forever though. I use a War Axe with 100% fire damage, 30 ssi, 40+ ML, 40+ SL, and 40+ DI. I manage to get off an AI about every 3rd hit for 150+ damage(only at 70 anat and 110 tactics ATM)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Could anyone put a list of all the spawns/bosses/monsters worth killing that this template are good for?

Is it just slasher or what else?..
Slasher/Navrey/Meph mainly, because it can heal while frozen without being blocked by Poison, I haven't tried it on anything else yet but I expect it can also do Dread Horn/Paroxysmus'/...not sure on Medusa, you still get Mortalled so it would always be easier on a leecher.

Thats just solo, but I think it would also be really good to have say 2+ of them xhealing could probably do most things like that, even without Feint. In Paroxysmus' for example it wouldn't retarget as that only happens when a Poison tick goes off. So a good support character in a lot of places. On top of filling the gaps of leech templates.

Not the best damager by a long way, just a different kind of tank.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going back to this template, I'm making it atm , just wanted to know how much mana U had on it?

any tips on how to play it really, did u spend most of your time healing due to the dmg that the slasher causes?

Only got to get the suit ready and ill have a go, once i successfully soloed it, ill do it again and make a video of doing it.

kinda looking forward to trying it out!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Not sure but probably 50+. The full suit mods are in post 10# and potting (+31 Str/Dex, with 50 E.P, on a human) took it to exactly 150 in both. So you could work it out from that if you wanted to. 255 stat cap.

Kinda already gone over everything the fight involved.

I no longer have this template as my Throwing/Wammy can do it 5x faster. Sorry not terribly helpful, but like I say I don't have it anymore so the only info I have on it is whats already posted.