• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystery scroll found

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
wheat field.jpg

Something from the Last event we had? I was not able to make it, anyone else see anything?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am not sure about any more, but i will say it's about time more people realized that the Undead Imperator must go!!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Since a few folks seem interested in what happened, I will just give a few highlights of my take on it.

The EM gate took me to an isolated house in a magical place that had been 'borrowed' from the Black Watch. I expected to be slain on the spot for my audacity in attending, and had planned to haunt the event as a ghostly spy with GM Spirit Speak. As is the case with the birth of most rebellions, however, the meeting was less than a handful of unhappy citizens. Neither they nor the Shadowy Figure that began the meeting felt inclined to murder me. It started off with general dissent aimed at government control, and Blackthorn in particular. Guards abusing their power by instantly striking down anyone guilty of even the smallest offense, no trial, etc.

After getting our small group into a proper lather of outrage, the shadowy figure showed us several of the King's trusted aids that had been abducted. Despite being... 'questioned', they refused to give any details about exactly where Blackthorn had been during his absence, what had happened there, or what his plans for the future were. They were given as a gift to us, and we decided to put them out of their misery.

While rifling through their pockets for any pretty trinkets they had on them, we came across a blank book. Some magic revealed a location! In Blackthorn's Castle itself, there were mages in training. We do not know what for. They attacked us on sight, no questions, no mercy. Still, they were only in training and weak. We dispatched them without too much trouble.

We returned to the borrowed Black Watch house to discuss our discoveries. We do not know if Blackthorn is an impostor, or perhaps under some sort of control. Perhaps HE is the one causing this recent plague of Soulless Minions! In any case... We need to find the truth, and Blackthorn the Zombie Impostor needs to go! The shadowy figure revealed his name to us as Juxmani. I need to brush up on my Sosarian history, for this name seemed to carry some weight.

The next day, as Britannians gathered for an auction, Soulless Minions began popping up across the land. By the end of the auction, Gilfane was under full fledged invasion. Soon it was discovered that it was not only Gilfane, but other towns! UWSP in particular was besieged, in wave after wave of Minions. I do not know how the other towns fared, for I had joined the forces defending UWSP. It took several hours, but UWSP Town triumphed!

As we fought, we saw various notes such as the one shown above scattered about the land, calling for the fall of Blackthorn. They remain for all to see, long after the Soulless Minions have been laid to rest... for now. I have to wonder though, could it not also be this person calling himself Juxmani that is setting loose these dark creatures in a bid to steal the throne?

I reserve judgement.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Since a few folks seem interested in what happened, I will just give a few highlights of my take on it.

The EM gate took me to an isolated house in a magical place that had been 'borrowed' from the Black Watch. I expected to be slain on the spot for my audacity in attending, and had planned to haunt the event as a ghostly spy with GM Spirit Speak. As is the case with the birth of most rebellions, however, the meeting was less than a handful of unhappy citizens. Neither they nor the Shadowy Figure that began the meeting felt inclined to murder me. It started off with general dissent aimed at government control, and Blackthorn in particular. Guards abusing their power by instantly striking down anyone guilty of even the smallest offense, no trial, etc.

After getting our small group into a proper lather of outrage, the shadowy figure showed us several of the King's trusted aids that had been abducted. Despite being... 'questioned', they refused to give any details about exactly where Blackthorn had been during his absence, what had happened there, or what his plans for the future were. They were given as a gift to us, and we decided to put them out of their misery.

While rifling through their pockets for any pretty trinkets they had on them, we came across a blank book. Some magic revealed a location! In Blackthorn's Castle itself, there were mages in training. We do not know what for. They attacked us on sight, no questions, no mercy. Still, they were only in training and weak. We dispatched them without too much trouble.

We returned to the borrowed Black Watch house to discuss our discoveries. We do not know if Blackthorn is an impostor, or perhaps under some sort of control. Perhaps HE is the one causing this recent plague of Soulless Minions! In any case... We need to find the truth, and Blackthorn the Zombie Impostor needs to go! The shadowy figure revealed his name to us as Juxmani. I need to brush up on my Sosarian history, for this name seemed to carry some weight.

The next day, as Britannians gathered for an auction, Soulless Minions began popping up across the land. By the end of the auction, Gilfane was under full fledged invasion. Soon it was discovered that it was not only Gilfane, but other towns! UWSP in particular was besieged, in wave after wave of Minions. I do not know how the other towns fared, for I had joined the forces defending UWSP. It took several hours, but UWSP Town triumphed!

As we fought, we saw various notes such as the one shown above scattered about the land, calling for the fall of Blackthorn. They remain for all to see, long after the Soulless Minions have been laid to rest... for now. I have to wonder though, could it not also be this person calling himself Juxmani that is setting loose these dark creatures in a bid to steal the throne?

I reserve judgement.
Thanks

I found another one of those scrolls at Umbra yesterday

scroll at umbra bank Siege.jpg

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do not trust Lord Blackthorn and I do not trust this new Shady Figure, both need to own some respect before I can support any of them.

I have the feeling this little guard Lord Blackthorn placed in Safe Haven really is a spy meant to keep an eye on the outlaws in our city, I'm very careful what I say near him.

Safe Haven had a few Soulless Minions too, in the hour before the Auction, but I was able to take care of them myself together with the little guard, so at least he was a little useful.
It seem like the soulless tend to spawn, where people are found and as a lot people was at the auction, the spawn seem way bigger there.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not trust Lord Blackthorn and I do not trust this new Shady Figure, both need to own some respect before I can support any of them.

I have the feeling this little guard Lord Blackthorn placed in Safe Haven really is a spy meant to keep an eye on the outlaws in our city, I'm very careful what I say near him.

Safe Haven had a few Soulless Minions too, in the hour before the Auction, but I was able to take care of them myself together with the little guard, so at least he was a little useful.
It seem like the soulless tend to spawn, where people are found and as a lot people was at the auction, the spawn seem way bigger there.
i believe we should liberate his head from his shoulders Freja. we don't need no steenkin guards in Safe Haven !!! :pirate:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know, but you can bet that Brains and Moaning were involved . . .

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Let's make a demonstration in the capital! Tame some critters, name them with short exclamations, cast incognito, maybe polymorph, wear something that covers your face and mass march around the palace!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone or somewhat killed the first one, but he was replaced with a new one.
There's plenty of room in the bay beside my Keep for body disposal. and if it fills up, we can get a couple of dragons to feed them to. :devil:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's make a demonstration in the capital! Tame some critters, name them with short exclamations, cast incognito, maybe polymorph, wear something that covers your face and mass march around the palace!
Easy Easy Marisa...let's not get crazy, you just got back...take a moment..calm....j/k.......Welcome Back :)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The droppings around town appear to be turning rancid.
I thank whoever it was who had the compassion to leave a braille version, but next time, please do not trouble yourself.
Now I need to wash my hands, thoroughly.