• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Myrmidex Queen - wtf??

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, is there a secret to killing the Myrmidex queen? A few of went in her lair, and the spawn did a real job on us; we barely (and I mean barely!) put a dent in her. Any friendly advice from the Players Corner would be appreciated!!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
We usually get through the Queen in 20-30 min with 2 players.
2 Mystics, we go into Rock form (poison has little to no affect on us this way at 120 skill) and we disco the queen
we also do not run around everywhere and get all those damn bugs after us, like I have seen so many do.
We just concentrate on the queen, throw out our Colossus staying pretty much in the same spot and kill what comes near us
use word of death at end and voila, she is dead!

Others may have their own way of doing this but this has worked well for us.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Stay within her circle do not go outside the circle when she tosses eggs sac, or you drag the bug back on you.. We took a small party down one bard, couple archers, two SW tamers with dragons, couple Mystics. We were done in 20 minute, she went fast after being disco. Problem was keeping the bard alive ;). I tried to stay as close as possible to her, only moving when hit by the goo. WOD at the end

Tectop

Journeyman
I have to agree with original post.Not everyone has peeps to play with or part of a guild, this was obvious designed for group play on the queen, kind a tells ya real fast what the devs think of us single players. Also if you play on a low population shard like so many are now you can wait for day's till you can catch a group at the queen so u can finish quest.
Just my observations.

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that promotes group play is good in my book. Playing solo is boring. I'm on a low population shard and people ask for help with the queen on general chat and enough people show up to take her down.

Tectop

Journeyman
TE="E_T, post: 2719364, member: 975"]Anything that promotes group play is good in my book. Playing solo is boring. I'm on a low population shard and people ask for help with the queen on general chat and enough people show up to take her down.[/QUOTE]
Lets just agree to disagree on this on this. Thanks for your opinion

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know the one attempt I've made, the RCs and GDs couldn't find a place to actually attack her, and the crystals made life difficult for our tamers and dexer. The bgs came in and swarmed us in the middle, forcing us to the outside.