• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My wraith fencer

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Armor pieces
45-85-57-59-71; reinforced +5 phys/fire/energy, +1 cold, -16 dci (75-95-71-85-85 with shield, boots, quiver and glasses)
In wraith form with protection and under corpse skin I have 75-75-71-70-80 res (caps are exactly the same)
5 HPI (25 HPI with Slither, Crimson)
40 MI, 40 SI, 40 LMC
25 HCI
1a. Shield
5-1-4-4-4; 1 FC, 4 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI

2. Artifacts I use
Mace&Shield, Slither, Despicable Quiver, Garb, Crimson, Poison Boots, LT Sash

3. Jewels
Ring: Spirit 11, Anatomy 10, Healing 15, FC 1, SSI 5
Brac: Spirit 10, Anatomy 10, Chivalry 15, DCI 10, DI 25
Ring2: Healing 13, EP 25, DCI 15, DI 25, Energy Res 4
Brac2: Healing 13, EP 25, HCI 15, DI 25, Cold Res 4
I use the second jewels to get EP when I drink potions. I also use it with 2H WW weapon (Kama)... well, I do need to remake them for new template.

4. Weapon
Leafblade: HLighning 46, HML 96, HSL 40, HLA 30, DI 35 (the main weapon)
Leafblade: Demon Slayer, HML 96, HSL 40, HLA 30, DI 35
Leafblade: Reptile Slayer, HML 96, HSL 40, HLA 30, DI 35
Scimitar: UBWS, HML 75, HSL 42, Hit Harm 44, DI 35, 100% Energy Damage
Kama: Balanced, HML 50, HLL 70, HSL 50, DI 50

5. Skills I have
Fencing 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 120 (100+20)
Healing 101 (86+15)
Bushido 100
Chivalry 120 (105+15)
Necromancy 40
Spirit Speak 90 (69+21)
I'm going to get 9 more Healing for dropping SS.

Total skills: 791
100 Bushido can be replaced with Parrying when fighting some tough boss but really I don't see much difference so I don't use it.
75 Bushido would be enough for 200 Special skill points but I want to have more damage reduction by Feint (~40% with 100 Bushido, 33% with 80 Bushido).
Initially I had only 95 Chivalry. Since DF is the only way to refresh stamina I increased it to 120. In addition now I have 1.25s even with 120 stamina (it drops under 150 too often). With 0 karma DF gives +16 DI, +11 HCI, -10 DCI, +10 SSI... still pretty useful.

6. Stats I have (260 cap)
STR 120 (130)
DEX 125 (140)
INT 15 (20)
140 HP, 180 Stam, 80 Mana
(150 HP, 190 Stam with potions)
42-58 Base Character's Damage

Wraith form helps with mana when I want to keep Feint on. It also helps when I do low damage (haven't slayer and can't honor).
From the other hand I loose mobility and loose 20% damage reduction (from a dragon armor).
With Curse Weapon I leach a lot of mana. When I can't use leaching (TLF aura) I use Healing.
Feint is very handy against heavy damaging monsters... For example, Stygian Dragon one times did me 85+85 damage within a second. But to be fair a distance attack (archery) would helped better in such situation.
I can solo Stygian Dragon but every second stone rain from Slasher kills me (I have also tried with Parrying instead of Bushido).

I have tried Archery. It was not bad even with not maxed resists (without shield), 115 Archery (hadn't 120 Power Scroll), only 15 DCI (without shield), etc. I believe I should craft a new suit and try it again.

bmfrench

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am running a VERY similar template with skill bonus jewelry. My only difference is vamp form instead of wraith. My goal recently has been the Slasher. I don't know why, seeing as Unbound EVs are easier and have the potential for better loot. It is more of a personal goal of mine. I have solo'd other bosses, but I cannot survive the Slasher's rocks.

My skills are:
120 Bush
120 fencing
120 Magic Resist
99 Necro
90 Tactics
81 anatomy
81 Heal
71 Chiv

Ring - +2 Fencing, +15 Anat, + 15 Heal, + 15HCI, +18 Damage Increase
Brace - + 15 Anat, +15 Heal, 6 Dex Bonus, 15 HCI, 2 Damage Increase
Shield 1MR, 10SSI, 25 DI, 15DCI

Leafblade Demon Slayer with:
41DI
34SL
41LL
96ML

I do not need SSI as long as I keep my Stamina up, which normally isn't an issue.

I run similar Artifacts to what you have:
Crimson, Despicable Quiver, Mace and Shield, Corgul Sash, Shroud of Condemned (can swamp out for 5DCI robe) and Conjurer's Trinket(can swap out for Slither, still testing)

I have all Reforged Studded Armor; my total stats are:

123 Str - 134hp
150 Dex - 185 Stam
52 Int - 100 mana

My armor isn't perfect....I try to get 4 Int, 4 Dex, 10 Mana, 10 Stam, and 8 LMC on each peice(most of my peices are very close to this but I constantly burn through kits to get perfect, just a matter of time) with one High resist peice.

I have all 70s resist with 75 energy and I am currently trying to buy armor refinements to bump to all 75s and 80 energy.

I have tried many other variations, such as 120 ninja and 120 parry for constant shadow clones and max DCI....which works pretty well but I found this template is a little bit better.

I am always looking for advice to improve my template. Let me know what you think!

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***** I have all 70s resist with 75 energy and I am currently trying to buy armor refinements to bump to all 75s and 80 energy. *****

Refinements raise the CAP, not the actual resists. So you will need to have the extra 5% already built into the suit to benefit from the raising of the cap. Very different from the scenario I suspect you are working towards. Sorry...

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I made a Wraith Archer from this character.
Archery 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 120
Healing 100
Bushido 80
Chivalry 120
Necro 60
SS 100

I need 120 Chivalry to refresh Stamina. Also I use DF to get stats and CW to hit in the lowest resist.
I could go 90-100 Chivalry but in this case I'd as well used DF to refresh Stamina. So I increased Chivalry to 120 to save room on my jewels.
You can add more DI/HCI/DCI/SSI on your jewels and go with 90-100 Chivalry. In this case you will need less clicking. Since my karma is low or even negative there is 9 sec CW and 18 sec DF. Also DF gives only 10 SSI.

In most cases I could go without Healing. I prefer to use Curse Weapon and leach life. But some monsters has a TLF aura that makes life leach impossible. Also Healing is handy when I can't hit anything (ran away or stunned).

I needn't 100 SS so I can drop it to 80. I may use this points to increase my attack (Tactics) or defense (Healing).

60 Necro allows me to use Corpse Skin. In most cases this increase my damage. The bad thing is - I don't see is CS on or off. But I just recast it every times I cast DF.
Usually I fight like a melee character. I just stay and shoot and don't worry about damage taken. But some monsters hit hard and at the same time they are hard to hit (hard to leach) - for example, Masters in Blackthorne. Also some monsters have TLF aura. In this cases I prefer to kite but I move to slow to completely avoid being hit.

I use a Repeating Crossbow (Double Strike). I would prefer a Yumi but you can't use Double Shot when you are on your foot. (And you can't mount in Wraith form)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I know from reading your previous research, that in most cases, if the weapon damage is the same DS > AI. Not having an archer myself, so I don't know off the top of my head, isn't the Yumi bigger damage than the repeater? If you can shoot both at 1.25, might the Yumi doing armor pierce be better than repeater doing DS?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
AP gives 50% to damage. I use it when I have low chance to hit the mob (masters with parrying for example) - to save mana. With DS you spend mana even when miss while with AP you spend mana only when hit.
In other cases DS is better because DS = 200% damage while AP is 150% and DS is also a double chance to apply HLD and other effects.

Yumi 3.25s, 13-17 damage.
Repeater 2.75s, 11-15 damage (like a leafblade).
13 * 2 > 15 * 1.5

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On a Whammy, you don't even need Healing skill. You can cast Curse Weapon for 50% Life Drain, which is more than Vampire Form gives. My Whammy on Napa, which used to be an old AoS Necro/Swordsman (he had Healing instead of Bush), has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Bush/GM Focus. He uses reforged 100% Element Weps to hit the target's weakest resist. His -32,000 Karma doesn't bug him, since he has no Chiv.
My Whammy on Atlantic, has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Parry/GM Necro/GM SS/120 Bush/80 Chiv. Biggest problem on him, is having to frequently farm Karma back up since i like to use Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need healing if you are going to fight monsters with TLF aura. And there are some other situations where healing is very useful.