• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My turn to rant. PvP template...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I can not tell you how many times I have read and heard that hiding and stealth ruined PvP. I take Stealth and Ninja off of my template and ruined my template. Mana costs are crippling me.

"The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost."

Stealth? Poisoning and Lumberjacking? Are ya kidding me? But not healing or chivalry... Expect me to be a stealth archer again soon if I can not figure something out.
/End Rant.

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman
I'm having the same issue with mana.
Even with 80 focus. 4 seconds, manas gone. Takes forever to refill.(pvp time)
I'm thinking weapon with high mana leach is the only way to go.
I dunno.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lower mana requirements are really out-dated but are still in effect.

On my archer I use 90 ninja and 90 bushido paired with 120 archery to achieve the 300 skill points. Confidence is really nice for on-the-run healing and complements bandages/potions very well, and ninjitsu is nice for mirror imaging while on foot and animal forming away.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I never really messed with bushido... I may give it a try.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I was able to gather an additional 20 skill points on my suit on atlantic so I decided to go with 110 bushido and use a level 3 bushido mastery. The confidence heals are really, really great plus I can honor monsters and get perfection, so it's great in PvM and PvP.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Does anyone still use lumberjacking in a PvP template? @Bleak Maybe this list could be looked at in the future?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some people like to use lumberjacking in pvm templates to increase damage output on some paladin templates

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some people like to use lumberjacking in pvm templates to increase damage output on some paladin templates
Lumberjacks receive a Damage Increase when they wield certain weapons. The formula is Lumberjack skill ÷ 5 (plus 10% if Lumberjacking is equal to or greater than 100). At GM Lumberjacking, there is a 10% chance for a Lumberjacking damage bonus of 100% from base weapon damage. The max Base Damage is 20 and with all the mods on suits I can't see wasting 100 skill points for an extra 20 damage. When LJ first came out yes it was worth it but now I can't see it.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I doubt you really pvp with that char though, or are you?
Since returning in 2015 he has been sitting on that shard. PvP is dead there. I'm not old enough to get shard transfer tokens and being on a fixed income I am forced to count my dollars and cents when it comes to game purchases, the char is on an account that owns that Keep, the Keep was a gift from King David of PAS when my wife and I returned. We were gone from 2008-2015, but back in the hay day, he was pretty good. He was the jousting champ in OTE (A guild long since gone from this world). Fought the [ExE] another guild that has almost vanished off the shard. I sometimes see old members of them late night. The only PvPers I have seen since returning was Waka, I think Paul could take them, my tamer dies too quick at Fel Champ spawns when they ride in, he is mainly PvM where Paul was PvP.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lumberjacks receive a Damage Increase when they wield certain weapons. The formula is Lumberjack skill ÷ 5 (plus 10% if Lumberjacking is equal to or greater than 100). At GM Lumberjacking, there is a 10% chance for a Lumberjacking damage bonus of 100% from base weapon damage. The max Base Damage is 20 and with all the mods on suits I can't see wasting 100 skill points for an extra 20 damage. When LJ first came out yes it was worth it but now I can't see it.
go read the warrior's forum, there are people who use lumberjacking on their template for peerless bosses like lady mel, or the blackthorn captains. I never did myself, but people do...

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I can not tell you how many times I have read and heard that hiding and stealth ruined PvP. I take Stealth and Ninja off of my template and ruined my template. Mana costs are crippling me.

"The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost."

Stealth? Poisoning and Lumberjacking? Are ya kidding me? But not healing or chivalry... Expect me to be a stealth archer again soon if I can not figure something out.
/End Rant.
:)

Attachments

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The extra 10% damage bonus is a big difference in PvP when using a 100% Poison ornate axe for instance. The problem is it's such a low percentage the skill investment versus practicality it doesn't really make sense. However for PvM with the right setup LJ+Swords Double Axe Onslaught and cameos it literally gives you max damage 160-210 per hit with double strike. That's 160-420 total. So it's worth it in that regard. Especially when you can use double slayers and get the 300% without any other items or spells. Long story short..I haven't found a template using it that I like using. I personally prefer using a bladed staff and AI and not over complicating my macros.

Sargatanza

Journeyman
The extra 10% damage bonus is a big difference in PvP when using a 100% Poison ornate axe for instance. The problem is it's such a low percentage the skill investment versus practicality it doesn't really make sense. However for PvM with the right setup LJ+Swords Double Axe Onslaught and cameos it literally gives you max damage 160-210 per hit with double strike. That's 160-420 total. So it's worth it in that regard. Especially when you can use double slayers and get the 300% without any other items or spells. Long story short..I haven't found a template using it that I like using. I personally prefer using a bladed staff and AI and not over complicating my macros.

Har!

Attachments