• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Top Three Wishes for the Enhanced Client

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just thought I'd post a thread where we could post out top three wishes for the enhanced client, seeing as the devs seem to have indicated that this client will be receiving priority attention.

1. Fix the crashes and intermittent lag. I combined these two, but I'll lump them together because they both fall under the heading of client stability.

2. Moddable gumps. I want gumps like the KR client with variables we can access. This would open up the door for some very tasty mods.

3. This really is a continuation of request two, but on the new animal lore gump I want to have access to all of a pet's/mob's skills. There is no doubt in my mind, and in the minds of many others, that pet's and mob's have many skills that are not shown on the animal lore gump. I'd like to see us have access to that information. I don't care if they make it to the default gump, but if they can be accessed they could be added to a modded gump.

What are your top three wishes for the enhanced client?

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Fix the crashes.

2. Fix the crashes.

3. Stop rubberbanding off houses.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I agree with Llewen Except my number 3. would be artwork fixes and I will group in with this increase of resolution

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. Artwork and resolution. Face it, CC graphics are NOT cutting it in this client. After seeing the statue "concept" versions, there's NO reason why we can't have UO in the EC look closer to that and less like a 15 year old mess.

2. You Cannot Pick That Up: You know it when it hits you and your choices to "fix" it are: relog or find something to kill and attempt to right-click loot (which will drop the stuck invisible item).

3. the return of the lost KR moddable UI elements... Animal Lore, Crafting menus, etc. Pinco has done a great job on getting the Atlas waypoint system working the way it should with custom icons and input... but it also needs the ability to use Tab to cycle focus through the input fields.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Fix the problems with housing. I'm tired of having to go into 2d to deco. Fix it so when I place stuff it don't wind up downstairs.... fix it so when I chose walls to vanish stairs do too...... so I can make broken stairs in the EC. Also I'm tried of having to use the 2d client to see the orange bad tiles...... For some reason orange tiles don't show up in the EC.

2. Fix the paperdolls... I'm tired of them being ugly and I'm tired of not seeing half my clothes or my clothes half on and half off my character.

3. Fix the crashing, memory leak.... and get rid of Nova Blast in the EC until it can be fixed to NOT crash my computer.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Fix the crashes, memory leaks, and crappy lag-causing code.

2) Make the graphics look like they were done this millenium.

3) Fix books. Seriously. So tired of not being able to write in an EC book because the CC can't read it.

Three is way too few :p

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont have too many issues with the EC.. maybe the loading of house items are a bit slow compared to the CC. running around luna is painfully slow.

one thing i guess i would change is the target nearest enemy seems to lock onto guild evs and guild reds. maybe they need to add a switch somewhere to turn that off..

running the ec during faction wars is hard to do with all your "red" friends being attacked by your macros.

if i was dreaming id wish for a dragon age style client that lets you pan, twist and zoom out.. that way we can finally get true 3d and see the other sides of buildings. even if it was just mirror image.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Fix the crashes!

2. Moddable Gumps!

3. Add Fishing Poles to target by resource or add target relative position

(and if I may have a fourth: higher mob resolutions)

X

Xantrik

1. Allow custom colors for skill gains in the chat window. Everything is a wall of the same color.
2. Allow custom chat colors users have selected to transition to the chat window. Everything is a wall of the same colored text.
3. Add target by resource to fishing. Much like mining and lumberjacking

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Stability - Fix the crashes; show my current location, and have me actually be THERE, not two spaces away; fix the nova blast issue...

2. Continue work to make the game graphics palatable to new players and existing players alike (This means twice the resolution, more fluid MOB animation, and getting rid of the tile system or making the tiles smaller, making possible more directional control and better object placing) and make the new player experience rewarding so our new players won't leave for other games before they really see what ours is about.

3. More oversight and real penalties for people who exploit game mechanics, run illegal programs to gain an edge in PVP, dup items, script all day while they are at work, harass and scam other players, ruin events by spamming spells, and generally being pr!cks... How many times has anyone reported someone for seemingly guaranteed bannable and provable actions, only to be put in a cue for 3 hours, and see the same guy doing the same thing the next day?

Taking care of these three points will go a long way.

By the way... Dermott of LS:

You Cannot Pick That Up: You know it when it hits you and your choices to "fix" it are: relog or find something to kill and attempt to right-click loot (which will drop the stuck invisible item).
The best choice to fix that is to -quickly- drag something that is in your pack to an adjacent vacant square. This will drop the item that is invisibly stuck in your hand to the vacant square, and the item you tried to move will snap back to where you tried to move it from. I stumbled onto that little gem all by myself. :D I wish someone would come up with a stickied "Bugs and how to fix them" post to get these little tricks out there for everyone to see.

I think you should be able to pick up and drop items or loot as fast as you can move the mouse through the actions, honestly. Thats where skill should be rewarded.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhh i do have one thing..
my biggest wish to date, make the EC go full screen on 1280x800 laptops.

the ec works great on my laptop but the window wont go full screen and the mouse clicks are about an inch off.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aaron is there no resolution option for 1280x800 in graphics settings in user settings? might need to set it manually. make sure it is like desktop resolution (native) also might want to double check desktop resolution that it is not accidentilly reduced :)

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. Artwork and resolution. Face it, CC graphics are NOT cutting it in this client. After seeing the statue "concept" versions, there's NO reason why we can't have UO in the EC look closer to that and less like a 15 year old mess.
This is #1 in my book above all else.

I cannot wait to see what they come up with...

*Crosses Fingers*

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aaron is there no resolution option for 1280x800 in graphics settings in user settings? might need to set it manually. make sure it is like desktop resolution (native) also might want to double check desktop resolution that it is not accidentilly reduced :)
if i click use full screen it will, but it will not run in a window at 1280x800.

if i lower the desktop resolution down to 1280x768 it will run just fine..

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Fix the crashes and the memory leak!

2. Remove the pixelation of all things when zoomend in

3. i need a mount up macro, i dont want to attack my pets when i try to mount up

By the way try new sale ways, Steam Streaming client, make a trailer which is really covering UO's deepness, dont hide in the darkness because of your graphics!

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucitus, My mount up macro is:

Select nearest follower, Peace mode, Use targeted object

Seems to work very well. I also have a specific one I use for things like stygian dragon that goes:

Select nearest follower, Peace mode, Use targeted object, Target nearest enemy, Attack current target.

Pretty seamless.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I used to use that, or something similar, but it wasn't always reliable when there were a lot of mobiles on screen or when using multiple pets. But there is a script available from the command scripts thread that is reliable, and Pinco's UI also includes mount actions that work perfectly.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Graphics.
Decide on the look for the EC and apply it to everything. Whether that's a 2d style or the more modern stuff doesn't matter but it does need to be finished and done properly throughout the game. Any art needs to look as good or better than the 2d stuff. As a tamer I can't really stick with the EC until there's a graphics fix for pets - ensure we have the colours we have in 2d (eg brown and red draggies, dull and pure WWs, shortmane, longmane and pure black mares etc etc).and that coloured pets like the hiryu are hued correctly, not in some horrible paint disaster that a 5yo kid could draw better. Any game, retro or modern style has a "look" except UO. It looks a bit amateurish if I'm honest :(

2. Stability and bugs
You can't take the client out of beta unless it's solid enough that you'd be happy to show it to a friend and be proud of your work. If they crash or run into bugs on a regular basis, they're likely to think again before paying you a monthly sub...

3. UI tweaks including chat
It's great for some EC users that we have Pinco's UI. But the base client is what some of us use and what newbies see when they first download the game. It needs a wee bit of love. Not a copy of Pincos, just a few tweaks. For example, sort options for the grid inventory - by weight, value, or type etc. Also enable us to be in multiple chat channels at a time and pull those chat windows out so we can monitor trade chat, help and general at the same time. Then folk might not just default to general for everything! There are lots of other ideas and suggestions floating about that would make the EC more palatable.

Wenchy

T

Thaledred

1. Graphics.
I'm a bit tired of looking at NES/256 color or less super pixelated graphics.
I know UO since Beta, so something fresh would be nice.
I'm still dissappointed that the KR graphics along with it's client were removed completly.
I don't miss the client, but the graphics it had were by far better than what we have now AGAIN, i really can't stand the classic graphics anymore...

Currently the graphics are just a mess, a mix of 10 different clients and decades!
Almost any amatuerish 2d/3d isometric textures & tiles system developed RPG today looks better than UO.

2. Stability and bugs

3. more content/quests for new and older players once 1 and 2 (stability) are fixed.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seems to work very well. I also have a specific one I use for things like stygian dragon that goes:

Select nearest follower, Peace mode, Use targeted object, Target nearest enemy, Attack current target.

Pretty seamless.
Yes but if you really true, a function like UOA would be much better. This all works but not 100% perfect, sometimes it must be fast and then it fails.