• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those keys unlock the cabinet in the centre of each room....the cabinet is surrounded by steal barrels so you have to clear a complete path around the cabinet. Inside the cabinet you will find a piece of a machine that is found on the next level... Put the pieces into the machine and it will raise the cover off the storage hold.....drop into the hold to battle the shadow lord.....best loot in the game.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those keys unlock the cabinet in the centre of each room....the cabinet is surrounded by steal barrels so you have to clear a complete path around the cabinet. Inside the cabinet you will find a piece of a machine that is found on the next level... Put the pieces into the machine and it will raise the cover off the storage hold.....drop into the hold to battle the shadow lord.....best loot in the game.
IF (and that is a big IF) you can beat him.
That fight is really tough. They hit hard and the wisps can wreak doom upon you.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in theory a 4/6 120 chiv paladin can spam holy light to resolve the wisp issues when they arrive.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
And to be not so shiny i must say i failed at Shadowlord battle. Last hope for that place is Broadsword with Area Spell on it and 120 RS instead of something.
I killed it solo from the first attempt. I died few times... mostly due to lag. RS would be handy...
It seems LL doesn't work on it?

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea no LL there and no Slayer i think (did't test Fey one). I also need 100 HML weapon for that place and RS, didn't tested that yet. (no 120 RS scrolls on Europa for sell)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also corwin or anyone I would love to see a video of that fight...:)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea no LL there and no Slayer i think (did't test Fey one). I also need 100 HML weapon for that place and RS, didn't tested that yet. (no 120 RS scrolls on Europa for sell)
They are shadow lords....so no I don't think they have a slayer....LL may not work....I know VE does

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I distinctly remember HLL working there, at least against the shadow lord.
I was using 120 chiv and 120 bushido, with him honoured. I could keep up with him using AI most of the time, but would die every time the shadow wisps spawned.

Been a while since I last been there. I will give it a try again soon.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I distinctly remember HLL working there, at least against the shadow lord.
I was using 120 chiv and 120 bushido, with him honoured. I could keep up with him using AI most of the time, but would die every time the shadow wisps spawned.

Been a while since I last been there. I will give it a try again soon.
if I may suggest...try max karma and spam holy light with 4/6 casting?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would really like to see any video of the shadowlord fight ( or exodus as well) before i start a solo attempt just to get half an idea what it is that makes em so bad. If its only necro casting vs 0 resist, well that can be countered by gameplay.
But if corwin did beat him first try, congrats.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Well, I made video... 1 hour 15 minutes... 158 Gb ... 4 death... and it's only 55% of the fight (from 40k to 90k damage done)...
(I ran out of potions... had 20 str/dex... made trip to my house and started video when returned there...)

I am going to try Wraith but I don't sure Curse Weapon leach HP from Shadow Lord

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't want to do that....they have the best loot in the game. :) if I remember that spell correctly....there is no corpse after

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Been running my characters through the entrance quest today. I noticed it takes the full effect of Discord, though not sure if that's just because I have 4x on at the moment.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He takes full disco?
I guess I know what my two bards will be doing during the weekend...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Seemed generally unfriendly towards summons hitting them over 80. Hit my Necro/Mage for 50. Teleports players to his location as a counter attack for damage. Thinking Ninja tbh.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried doing quest in sorcerers dungeon. Multiple ec crashes including deathrobes , seems to be a problem with multiple casters and my trap box macro. Gave up frustrated for now.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Coming back to topic about my Paladin. Updated spreadsheet with new weapons. For non slayer encounters i have made 100HML weapons to keep chain AI (with DF + CW + AI it's doable) I also made 100HML Scimitar for Double Strike encounters. But to use Double Strike i also need CW. Casting DF every 23 sec, CW every 11 sec and keep spaming AI seems bit problematic. So i reached the point where i will replace jewelry and go tor FC / FCR (2/5 will be enough i think). Searching for ring at moment http://stratics.com/community/threads/prized-not-imbued-ring-paying-well.344561/ What's interesting with next update i may left only 3 Brittle Legendary items on suit + crafted Weapons. Rest can last forever. It's the matter of taste but i wanted to point out this.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coming back to topic about my Paladin. Updated spreadsheet with new weapons. For non slayer encounters i have made 100HML weapons to keep chain AI (with DF + CW + AI it's doable) I also made 100HML Scimitar for Double Strike encounters. But to use Double Strike i also need CW. Casting DF every 23 sec, CW every 11 sec and keep spaming AI seems bit problematic. So i reached the point where i will replace jewelry and go tor FC / FCR (2/5 will be enough i think). Searching for ring at moment http://stratics.com/community/threads/prized-not-imbued-ring-paying-well.344561/ What's interesting with next update i may left only 3 Brittle Legendary items on suit + crafted Weapons. Rest can last forever. It's the matter of taste but i wanted to point out this.
Its not possible to use PoF on prized jewelry. Since prized comes with durability also, its same as imbued and will not live forever.
But good idea going 2/6 chiv, i found that pretty sick when combined with protection ( it stays 2/6 after protection ) and healing. Did like it better then 4/6 without protection.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought protection dropped fast casting by -2....thereby making 2/6 turn into 0/6 with protection on?

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Will try protection thing i got 86 Phisical Resisting so it's overcapped now and 0 Resisting Spells and according to stratics it wont go below 0. Thanks for pointing it out, at last something to test out. About Prized jewelry i didn't know it cannot be POFed

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to me there are two good combo:
2/6, protection, no resisting spells, (Healing recommended)
4/6, no protection, resisting spells, (can go without Healing)

For 'non-breakable' spells like DF and CW if you can't get both FC and FCR then FCR is better than FC because 3 FCR saves you 0.75 sec and 1 FC saves you 0.25 sec

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you dont have 2FC the prot will slow you instead of making it better right?
my question would be if its worth sacrificing around 20 stats for casting

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
protection doesn't decrease your casting speed
protection decreases your "faster casting" cap by 2
(so if you get max FC or max-1 FC it indirectly decrease your casting speed)

protection decreases your FC cap from 4 to 2 for Chivalry (and from 2 to 0 for Magery)
so if you have less than 3 FC protection doesn't affect your FC for Chivalry

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used some average jewelry set and got 2/3 now and tried Protection. I must admit this is so damn epic found. I had 86 Physical Resistance so -15 points was no big deal, 0 Resisting Spells so it doesn't affect template at all. Whats the greatest thing and main purpose of Protection is that Remove Curse wont be ever interrupted. Now Apples will be second option for removing curses not the main one (no more apple miss and 30 sec delay!) Before it was almost not possible to use Remove Curse in the middle of fight, so spell was kinda useless. Also it's pretty cool that Protection can be casted with 0 magery (you can use magery book with some magery skill bonus on it to increase cast chance) and it will last until die/uncast it.

This configuration is pretty neat, but i'm not sure if i will manage to get so much FCR on jewelry:
> 2/6, protection, no resisting spells, (Healing recommended)

Overall i will say it like that:
if u use 0 RS, got 85 Physical Resistance, not using more then 2 FC you should cast protection. There are no negatives from doing that.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Also it's pretty cool that Protection can be casted with 0 magery (you can use magery book with some magery skill bonus on it to increase cast chance) and it will last until die/uncast it.
I use special jewels to cast Protection. Each jewel has:
1. 20 LRC. This allows me to cast Protection (as well as VE/Wraith) without reagents (with 40 LRC you have 40% chance to get free casting).
2. 15 Magery. Optional. This allows me to cast Protection without equipping +Magery spellbook. I also can cast Teleport. Sometimes you need it.
3. 10-15 Necro. Optional. If I have low necro and want to cast Wraith with less fizzles.
4. 3-4 MR. So I can equip them when I need to restore mana faster.
5. 25 EP. Optional. If I'm going to use those jewels to drink potions as well.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As far as i tested i had no problem casting it using Book with +12 skill on it and keep some regents with me. Overall i plan on going with it all the time so i don't need to cast it again until my char dies.

Yesterday i did Shadowlord with friend. It was hard battle but this time i have not so much problems with dying there. It's all thanks to spaming Remove Curse during battle. I survived it with 0 Resisting Spells. This is really great. FC/FCR also helped with fast casting / uncasting EOO when wisps arrived.

Btw. i updated first post with new template Spreadsheet and some informations. Still searching for better ring with 3 FCR.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That idea is also good. I think i already got correct 1/3 ring without SSI somewhere. Will check some shields 20DCI, 10SSI, 20 Soul Charge on vendors today.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hi,

inspired by Hirikawa (and with his permission to post details) i followed his example and build a paladin, i used also platemail for stam loss protection and chivaly´s Divine Fury to get maximum bonus to HCI DI and SSI, i do not use spell protection but i kept 1 slot on the ring free for possible FCR3 or FC1. my goal was to run with 55SSI to wield Longswords with 1.25s max swing.

on the weapons i use the following properties:
Hit Mana Leech: 100
Hit Life Leech: 70
Hit Stamina Leech: 30
Hit Lower Attack: 30
Super Slayer

weapons for the "special" enemies i need to build but i will add a hit spell instead of the slayer

here are some details over the suit:
Aurora.png
AuroraCalc.PNG

@hirikawa thank you for the hours of nice chatting over pro and contra of suits.

greetings :)

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pretty amazing, more advanced version of this template. More stat points, Damage Eater, some RPD, SSI which allows Longsword. Congrats making this amazing suit and thanks for sharing.

Some new pics, Rend solo: This one wasn't easy he hits me badly.

Shadowlord with friends:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Interesting setup. That is a LOT of mana.

Does the only 70% HML let you chain the AIs when you have slayer? What about non-slayer?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Indeed. I should probably not half-arse my posts from work.

I guess I should phrase the question as: would 70 HML on the longsword give you enough leeching to keep your mana full-enough when you have slayer.

My guess is yes... longsword should average ~190 damage. HML does [0-.4]*HML avg leech =. 2 * .7 * 190 = 26.6 or 26/7

With 45 LMC each chained AI should cost 27 mana.

With 110 mana, that gives a nice buffer so that the variance in the 0-40 range for HML should work out pretty well.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tuan i use 100 HML swords with 70 HLL i am still not sure if the 70 Life Leech give me enough HP back to survive hehe

btw i increased stamina to 170 for now as curse get me lower than 150 which slows me

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@hirikawa i tried this Rend guy. what a nasty thing... i have problems hitting him.once i got him under HLD its working quite nice but there were 1 or 2 moments i need to get out and heal me up because i missed him 4 or 5 times in a row