• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish it were more feasible to use HLL on my weapons, id love to dump Necro for something else. I have basically the same template but with necro instead of healing, and resist and anatomy switched points wise. I have a lot of trouble with anything high end cause my stats just aren't very good. I do love using a shield though. :p

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yup basing only on weapon HLL is a bit hard. I'm thinking about removing RS and checking out how it will work. To bad i cannot switch it with Anatomy because i use Anatomy not only to DMG but Healing needs it.

Some person suggested to try out Evaluate Intelligence to increase Hit Lighting damage when i cannot use slayers. I tested it and it seems it does not work. Was this updated or it does not affect Hit Lighting on weapon?

EDIT:

Just tried Slasher of Velis and soloed it in first run in 40min (this time include my logging out and logging back 5 times - on EC bandies in backpack dissapears sometimes in Abyss). Few deaths cuz i was playing bit risky way. Healing helps survive Stone Rain, Soul Charge helps with mana. Time can be better i think.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can drink potions when stunned. With dragon barding and 100 parrying must be enough to survive. Use apples or chivalry to remove Curse (I mean concrete spell, not any curse). Make a macro for mounting and use it immediately every time you get dismounted.
I'm sure with some practice you will be able to kill it without dying.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah i need to take potions for heal also plus need create and test macro for mounting (i was on ethy because of constant dismount there). Rest i already use. Thanks for helping hope will get him in faster time on this setup :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for sharing. I like you results and your spreadsheet.

My one questions is ... why 60 Resisting Spells? That hardly seems worth it and you could put it into maxing healing, tactics, and parrying at 120.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am confused by the one screen shot.

It looks like the pic against the Macer, you do a 195 dmg AI ... PLUS you get 44 damage from a hit lightning?
If you don't have bush, how do you get to 195 damage against the Macer, they don't have a slayer, or did you find a slayer that I didn't?

It seems that maybe this is what you're talking about being confused about too? I use broadsword too, and my AI's max out at 120ish against these guys. I don't run hit spell on my AI broadsword though.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My one questions is ... why 60 Resisting Spells? That hardly seems worth it and you could put it into maxing healing, tactics, and parrying at 120.
That's all what was left in skill points. I'm considering getting all 120 instead of RS, but some people suggest it's not good idea. Is it worth trying out?

Tuan >> some person told me that Hit Lighting is the key. I added Hit Lighting on 100% Energy Weapon -> and here is the result. . ~50% of hits i get 195 AI, and 50% 120 AI like you. I'm confused about it too because i don't understand math behind it but that tricks seems to work pretty good.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's not it i think, i killed 50 Capitans in week and spotted one or two with a lot of HP. And on all of Capitans i could hit 195 DMG (my max dmg 65x3)

CorwinXX >> what do you think is it worth dropping 60 RS to 0 and adding 120 to rest of skills?

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Invasion masters and minions can spawn in bugged version: with ~0 resists but 3x more hp.
I am not sure that is a bug... It is like that in the whole dungeon. I would say that it's something like 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 maybe that has this. It happens to the gold elementals, and balrons for sure in the normal areas of the dungeon.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CorwinXX >> what do you think is it worth dropping 60 RS to 0 and adding 120 to rest of skills?
From my experience resist is one of those skills where you want either 0 or 120. I would drop 60 and bump up the other skills. Just my personal choice really.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First i did run 100, then i asked half year ago if i can go 80. Answer was yeas i did test it and it was good. Then i decided lower it to 60. Now more often i got para and curses are stronger, but i use apples all the time so it is not that problematic. Need to test out 0. The most problem is that i cannot use Soul Stones to swap with Anatomy when i need. I use Healing and i don't use Bushido so Anatomy is needed for both Healing and Damage.

CorwinXX said in past that he believes Mana + RS should be > 160.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe a solid dexxer must have Healing or Resisting Spells.
If a dexxer has not Healing it need mana to heal... and need Resisting Spells to defend against Mana Drain.
Mana + RS > 160 rule = so monsters could not mana drain you from full mana to zero.

RS 120 or 0 - it's rather a PvP rule. In PvM every point is helpful against Blood Oath and cureses. And if you have enough (depends on monster's EV = 70+ against 120 EV) it helps against Mana Drain as well. In PvM even 120 RS doesn't help against Poison. When you do spawn and 10+ monsters cast on you, you will be poisoned all time even with 120 RS.

There is an easy test for a dexxer:
Go to Dreadhorn and try to survive during few minutes against its spells (keep distance, don't leach).

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is PvM template, poison would not be a problem because of Healing + 81 HLL weapon.

EDIT:

Got 2 questions. First is it possible to set macro for mounting in EC, how should it be done? And trap boxes, is it possible to macro use them if i keep for example 10 on backpack?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need only one trapbox. To use trapbox just put it on menu bar.

To mount add on menu bar actions "target swamp dragon" and target your swampy.

To mount an ethy just put it on menu bar.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Before trap box give me damage only once after opened. Few log in log out and now it seems that it works fine now but not sure how. Thanks for help, testing 0 RS and 120 on rest of skills currently :)

EDIT:

Ok i'm at 6x120 skills and dropped RS to 0. It works pretty good i think. There is huge difference between 100 and 120 Parrying. Also 120 Healing helps me a lot. Now i can tank without problems Blackthorn Capitan Macers. Also Slasher seems a bit easier. 120 Healing + Potions and i survive every stone rain on me and i fight him without a mount there. I also added 1 FC from City Buff and made 2 Broadswords for encounters where i cannot Leech Mana. Will try soloing Corgul very soon on this template. Base damage is 51-66 now, (51-67 with Potions)

My next idea is of course to try get another shield for different occasions. For example one with max Damage Eater or FC. If i would add DI on shield i would get 100 DI on suit (and DF), so i could use sword like: Slayer, 81 HLL, 81 HML, 30 HSL (50 HSL is to much with platemail armor) and 40 HLA. But it is a lot of work (need whetstones and craft all weapons from begining)

Thanks a lot for help and suggestions. 6x120 skills is really fun to play with. Will post more solo fight results soon. If you guys have any suggestions on mind please post in topic i love to read them :)

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please keep posting the updates. I have been following this post very closely. I have a Paladin with very similar set up, but I've always struggled with the character a bit. I've already made some tweaks based on your discussions here. :)

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! I'm glad it's helpfull and some people also play pure setups with classic shields.

I saw someone summoned Osiredon the Scalis in Magincia, so i took weapon with 81 HML, 50 HSL, 50 HLA, 50 HL (Hit Lighting) 25DI and started soloing it untill some people come by. Without slayer i had problems with mana there as i cannot do more then 80-120 DMG with AI. But once again 120 Parrying + 120 Healing keeps me standing there heaving not much problem to survive. Killing took a lot of time because of Mana problem. Overall i didn't die there even once in that long battle.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with Merlin ....I have been following this thread very closely and even dusted off my old paladin that I had transfer to a Sammy. Hope to finish off most of the skill work this week. Using studded leather with tinkered legs, mace and shield and glads collar.....but will begin crafting a plate suit this week. Would love to keep the tinkered legs and a clean 10 SCSI bracelet. I have a clean 50 ep ring to use... But finding it real hard to get to 4/6 casting. Might try to go without much casting for the first build.

Do you recommend broadswords over long swords? I will probably run 2o-25 ssi on my suit. 160-170 stam. And leaning toward 100 hml weapons.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think there isn't much difference in quality and damage between those two weapons.

For my template:
13-17 Broadsword - gives base of 51-66 - x3 gives 153-198 so avarage it would be 175,5 DMG per hit
14-18 Longsword - gives base of 55-70 - x3 gives 165-210 so avarage it would be 187,5 DMG per hit

Longsword might be a bit better to encounters when you don't have slayer. But you need 180 stamina and 35 SSI or 150 stamina and 55 SSI. 55 Is possible - 10 Trinker, 20 Jewelry, 5 cloak, 5 buff and 15 from DF. 180 as we know is easy. Still i prefer to use more Mana for no Slayer encounters and it's more fun to use other mods like Reactive Paralyze, or some Damage Eater instead of max SSI / Stamina on suit / shield.

If i use 2 artifacts on my template like this one

It would give me 143 HP, 86 Mana and 180 Stamina but MR would be low, but i could use Longswords.

There is also one more important thing - Broadsword have Crushing Blow special move which increases caster's damage by 50%. If used with Consecrate Weapon sometimes it works better then AI. For example on Skeletal Liches http://www.uoguide.com/Crushing_Blow

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are all your broadswords 100% elemental damage! ( if so perhaps you can mark each of them with the appropriate color....) leaning toward 30 ssi and 180 + stam for my build. Still training chiv and healing from 100-120 but I have gone out and played a little each day and have found him very survivable and a lot of fun.. Can you post your radiant scims with their mods?

A few of my guildies question if I will be able to solo blackthorn town captains
But after seeing your success I am confident a few of us will be making this build soon!

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yup that was my first idea for Broadswords to have them 100% elemental. But so far i mostly use AI so now i think it's better to use 100 HML and lower a bit HSL (I didn't do it because i don't have crafter so it's always a problem for me)

About Radiant Scimitars they are not done yet, so i mostly use one for everything: Radiant Scimitar: 100% Energy, 62 HLL, 62 HML, 20 HSL, 50 HL (Hit Lighting), 50 HCA (Hit Cold Area). But to use it we need 100 DI from suit, so Prismatic Lenses, VVV M&S or different shield.

In future i plan to make slayers something like: Radiant Scimitar: Super Slayer, 62 HLL, 62 HML, 50 HL (or HCA), or lower HL / HCA to get 20 DI on weapon. HSL on Radiant Scimitar since i use Stamina Regen and cast Divine Fury is a wasted mod i think.

Glad you like my setup, Blackthorn Capitans is one of those places it works very good i think. When i began that place some time ago it was so fun that i did solo 100 Capitans in a week there hehe

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think there isn't much difference in quality and damage between those two weapons.

For my template:
13-17 Broadsword - gives base of 51-66 - x3 gives 153-198 so avarage it would be 175,5 DMG per hit
14-18 Longsword - gives base of 55-70 - x3 gives 165-210 so avarage it would be 187,5 DMG per hit
The difference comes in the leech when you don't have a slayer. The longswords can be imbued up to 100 hit leech.

100 dmg at 81 hml is only leeching an average of 10 per swing.
105 dmg at 100 hml leeches 16 on average.

WHen I moved from an 81 HML broadsword back to a 100 HML reforged one, I noticed an immediate difference in killing the BT masters.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it is a tough decision ....do you need slayer weapons when you have EoO. But the 100% elemental damage and super slayer frees up mana used for consecrate and EoO, but the mana leech is capped at 81.

I have a couple clean 100% hml and a couple clean 100% hll broadswords. I have 35 ssi on my suit and 96 di on my suit running with 166 stam right now in full plate except mace and shield.

I can't even find the blackthorn captains/ masters in the hunters guide . So I dont have a clue what to add to these weapons. Should I be working toward a super slayer set of 100hml broad swords?

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
100% Elemental Slayer is not needed when you use AI. So 100 HML is better choice. 81 HML is not bad but sometimes you might lack some mana as i do. In other hand this setup is made sometimes to stay from boss to heal so it's not that problematic. Also 20% Soul Charge helps.

Those Broadsword weapons are shown on my spreeadsheet:
> Full setup of Super Slayers is a must. Do 100 HML if you can. 100% elemental damage is not needed.
> For Blackhtorn Masters you should have 50 Hit Lighting and 100% Energy Weapon. Rest mods: 100 HML, 81 HLL and 50 HSL (or less) DI (if needed).
> As a main weapon i use the same one as for Blackthorn Masters but with 50 HLA instead of 50 Hit Lighting
> For non Life Leech weapons i use 81 HML, 50 HSL, 50 HLA, 50 Hit Lighting (or Super Slayer for Corgul), 25 DI

I wish i could have some 100 HML clean Broadswords! :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes it is a tough decision ....do you need slayer weapons when you have EoO.

I can't even find the blackthorn captains/ masters in the hunters guide . So I dont have a clue what to add to these weapons. Should I be working toward a super slayer set of 100hml broad swords?

Suggestions would be much appreciated!
If you're running 0 bushido, as is one of the foundational aspects of this thread, and you have "only" super slayer, then you still need EoO if you'd like to operate at max damage. If you have specific slayer, then you don't - but most of the biggest baddies have only super slayers.

Masters have no slayer, and you should plan on using AI as most of them have high resist in all categories. Also, even 120 bush will not be much use for capping damage against the melee guys, as even with maxxing out your hit chance, you'll rarely string together enough hits to get much honor bonus.

One exception to the masters without slayers is that there's a "the sampire" master - they might be vuln to undead slayer.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% Elemental Slayer is not needed when you use AI. So 100 HML is better choice. 81 HML is not bad but sometimes you might lack some mana as i do. In other hand this setup is made sometimes to stay from boss to heal so it's not that problematic. Also 20% Soul Charge helps.

Those Broadsword weapons are shown on my spreeadsheet:
> Full setup of Super Slayers is a must. Do 100 HML if you can. 100% elemental damage is not needed.
> For Blackhtorn Masters you should have 50 Hit Lighting and 100% Energy Weapon. Rest mods: 100 HML, 81 HLL and 50 HSL (or less) DI (if needed).
> As a main weapon i use the same one as for Blackthorn Masters but with 50 HLA instead of 50 Hit Lighting
> For non Life Leech weapons i use 81 HML, 50 HSL, 50 HLA, 50 Hit Lighting (or Super Slayer for Corgul), 25 DI

I wish i could have some 100 HML clean Broadswords! :)
If you were on Catskills...I am sure we could work something out for some clean 100 HML Broad swords. That being said I dont think you can get a 100% energy weapon with 100 HML since these are both "reforgements". ON my 100% elemental weapons I can only get to 81 HML and 81 HLL. 50 HL.

IF someone knows how to get 100% elemental broad swords with 100 HML please post how! I guess I will just make a 100% energy 81 HML 81 HLL, 50 HL.,.. and a 100HML 81 HLL 50 HL broadswords and try them both to see which one does more damage

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
In theory 100 elemental, 100 hit leech should be possible. I think you'll need to use a bronze hammer, two titles, probably powerful, exquisite + vampiric. You'll almost surely get 3 mods, so you're hoping for 100 elemental, 100 mana leech, plus some stamina leech or something.

I'd settle into TC and give it a try first...

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you were on Catskills...
I play on Europa because of great ping there.

That being said I dont think you can get a 100% energy weapon with 100 HML since these are both "reforgements". ON my 100% elemental weapons I can only get to 81 HML and 81 HLL. 50 HL.
Yup even if that is possible it would be hard. That's why i suggest 100 HML for weapons where u will spam AI all the time.

EDIT:

I tried Corgul with friend this evening. But when Corgul was at 30% HP friend left and i soloed Corgul myself to the end. So this place is doable on Pure Paladin Template. How it was?
- 120 Healing and 120 Anatomy provides 43-70 HP each bandie which gives average ~14 HP per 1 second. It's enough to survive on this battle.
- 0 Resisting Spells is the problem here. Blood Oath (one miss with peace button and you are dead) and Mana Drain are really painfull here. I think it's place where 120 RS would be really handy.
- One tip from me: it's good to keep Virtue's self ressurection for this place or Gem Of Salvation. Also it's wise to keep Bandies / Apples / Potions on ship because he steal them when we die.

Overall it's very cool that this place is doable solo on Pure Paladin Setup. This is what Paladin setup was made for, to do as much as possible solo encounters in Pure Paladin way. And i'm really happy it works. Also i think if i replace one skill with 120 RS (Anatomy / Parrying) for this encounter it would be a whole lot easier. Enjoy :)

Last edited:

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Boss of the day will be Stygian Dragon. 15-20min need to do some runs, use teleporters, sometimes can tank him for like 1min. Also this time include reloading my interface because my bandies disappear in EC client a lot lol. Enjoy pic :) (ps. i did it on ethy)

Last edited:

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Fight of the day will be simple this time. Did Shame Mages on LVL 5 (encounter where we cannot leech life so great for this template) it was easy so nothing more to say about it. Also did Unbound Energy Vortex in like 4min didn't even use healing.

Today i also check out Astaroth Shadowlord. That encounter might be very hard to solo. Might try work on that place soon.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild does this with 4-5 guild members and 1 run out of 4 we will have multiple and frequent deaths..... I would be shocked to hear anyone on any template could solo this??? If someone does it I want a video :)

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did try Medusa for first time today. Though that place is hard, but it went it to be just boring and pretty easy. Healing wasn't even needed there. Gathering eggs was more hard i think lol.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chain starts in trinsic looking for hepler paulson the salvage master. He is down by the docks

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Friend made another Broadsword for me for encounters where i cannot use Slayer. I't the same i was using before but with 100 HML instead of 81 HML and 42 HSL instead of 50 HSL. Difference is huge and i somehow can keep AI's (not all the time) while hiting average ~100 DMG.

So the boss of the day was Night Terror. Long battle, bit troublesome because of 0 RS but overall not bad. Time and how much apples i used was probably the most issue there, but still i'm making Paladin solo as much as possible not speed runing :) Enjoy.

Post your idea for another encounters for Paladin. I wonder is there are any bosses with slayer property on them which i didn't try yet. Might be some middle bosses too. This weekend will try Paroxy.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good job on this one, congrats. One of the most annoying encounters in uo as it is designed as a group boss at the end of a long grind quest chain.
Suggestions are ancient wyrm, paragon skeletal dragon, serrado, minions of celestus ,the ugly stuff in sa that is spawned by killing the gargoyle outlaws in sa ( cant rememeber name, quest from ter mur), all three named changelings at once, rend without dragging other stuff away, putrefier.
I know, some insanity here.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for suggestions! Ancient Wyrm is easy, same goes for all mini Abys Champion Spawn bosses like Wyvern [Renoved] which i didn't mention because I did them with a lot of more weak setup of this Paladin in past. Tried Putrefier today, was easy too. Gona try Serrado for sure!

And to be not so shiny i must say i failed at Shadowlord battle. Last hope for that place is Broadsword with Area Spell on it and 120 RS instead of something.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to do the quest in the link....then you get directions to a lake. You put on the uniform that lets you act like Jesus and walk on water out to the center of the lake...drop in...go break barrels to find keys...then drop down and get your a$$ kicked :)

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran