• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My new Draggie

G

Well I caught one, I only died 3 times doing it, he's a nice shiney red and since I didn't look up posts about stats and stuff he's probably the wimpiest on the shard. But I've a week to find him a nice name.

hp 632, str 597, int 546, resists 64/90/43/58/56. magery 108.4

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice one!

I'm thinking of calling mine Buffy when i get one !

I

imported_weins201

Mine no Name yet dont know if its going to be kept or not

Hits 927 (I did get one today with 984 Hits but lower resists)
Str 603
Dex 62
Int 592
Phy 60 ((I know it sucks but the rest are good as far as I can tell))
Fire 86
Cold 55
Poison 56
Energy 68

BTW a Peacer help out immensly

I

imported_Sarphus

927 is still good hits.

It really stinks that the phys resist is so low on that dragon, cause phys resist is the most important one. The rest of the resists on that dragon are REAL good!

I would have tamed it if I saw it, but I would have sold it.

I agree that peacemaking helps. I lead tame them with peace on my template sometimes and it's a LOT easier.

G

Meet Val. Her resists aren't far off your draggie's, Petra.

Since Trammel Destard was every bit as nuts as I imagined it would be, I had more luck and an almost empty dungeon in Felucca. Love that there are no irksome drakes and wyverns and more draggies.

Because I have a fair few tamers needing one to play with, and heck, just because it's fun & challenging, I'll be continuing my search for a well balanced stat/resist dragon. With the huge range, I suspect I'll be looking for years!

G

Still looking for a name.

Currently under consideration are: Maestoso and Sfozando (keeping with the musical theme of all Piper's pet names)

G

Dulcet
Dulcimer
Maestro
Minim
Clef
Breve
Triad

Aha! How about any of...

The Seven Major Modes:-
Ionian
Dorian
Phrygian
Lydian
Mixolydian
Aeolian
Locrian

G

Heres mine
i called him Drakor Flametounge (Sorry Vix i kind of stole your display)

D

davebobbit

I just had a strange episode taming my first big boy. The moment after i tamed him I looked to see that he had 906 hitpoints, then when i gated back to the stable and looked again, 844 hitpoints. Neither of which tie up with his pre-tame hitpoints which were in the 1700's.

Anyways, after deaths into the double figures, im not about to complain.

G

Sounds like your bad boy blessed himself in order to appear more attractive to ya.

D

davebobbit

Suddenly everything becomes clear! lol. thanks for the explanation

G

Thats a pretty nice dragon, shame the physical couldnt be a bit higher
, i wonder if anyone has actually got one with 1000hp

A

Aang

<blockquote><hr>

Thats a pretty nice dragon, shame the physical couldnt be a bit higher
, i wonder if anyone has actually got one with 1000hp

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really wish it could have been 5 or 6 points higher but oh well. That was my first tame

G

omg lol
I iz jealous. that is like the best dragon, evar.

seriously

but! I love my dragon
. too. 520 is my special number. and that's its INT. sorta low, maybe. but a number I love &lt;3

tell ya what though, time to release my other two dragons lol and get some more 900 hp ones.

G

Weee.

Just solo-tamed my first super dragon

Got it on the second try. Wasn´t that hard actually once I found a way to do it.

Low hit points and bad stats though so I will donate it and try another one...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The one I'm keeping so far using Sarphus excellent animal lore gump:

What you can't see easily from that shot is that wrestling, tactics, and resisting spells will max out at 121.1, 119 and 118.7 respectively, although the magery is a bit low. However for me that 120+ wrestling is a big deal, and makes up for the phys resist that is also a bit low, and the max 118.7 resisting spells is also something that will be important in pvp, if I use her for that.

I

imported_infiniti

We in CD got some nice ones, but were still after the biggy prize, I got to say I've not had so much fun taming since I use to go to Fel for the nightmares, we have a three people team that does well in getting them!

M

mookin1

My one a nice one?

889 hits
60 stamina
564 mana
635 strength
60 dex

83/85 physical
88/90 fire
51/55 cold
57/60 poison
69/75 energy.

I

imported_infiniti

Weve been killing those that give less than 900 HT Moonkin! If you want to tame a dwaggy on Europa I'm happy to help. =)

M

mookin1

What is 900 HT? If you are refering to HP, HP doesn't count nowhere near for so much as resists does. My dragon with its high fire/physical resist will take less than half of the damage of a dragon that has low fire/physical. I've seen people with such dragons, 100 hp more than mine, but fire/physical resists so low that they'll take 40 damage for every 100 fire/physical whereas mine will take less than 20.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree resists are way more important but its still nice to see anything not too low for HPs...here are the 2 i have so far that are bonding...gonna name them after valentines day themes i think.

845 HPs
578 Str
525 Int
82/85
90/90
52/55 So total -8 off max resists
60/60
73/75
107.8 magery and the rest of the skills will max at 100 i am thinking.

899 HPs
591 Str
576 Int
84/85
84/90
44/55
57/60
58/75
107.8 Magery

I

imported_infiniti

<blockquote><hr>

What is 900 HT? If you are refering to HP, HP doesn't count nowhere near for so much as resists does. My dragon with its high fire/physical resist will take less than half of the damage of a dragon that has low fire/physical. I've seen people with such dragons, 100 hp more than mine, but fire/physical resists so low that they'll take 40 damage for every 100 fire/physical whereas mine will take less than 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got a sweet dragon with both high 80's in Psy and fire tonight, my personal favourite that i have in the stables goes like this...

863 HP
Int 503
Str 602
resists

113.7 magery

She looks half decent to me with the balanced resists, i've no doubt I will come across better.
Its fun to tame these critters, i've kept my old Dwaggie "Churchill" however, discarding your first tamed of such a mighty creature will never be forgotten, just like his namesake!

HT is indeed HP!

I

imported_Tina Small

Below are the stats for my new greater dragon, Perdita, on Sonoma. The top row are before taming but after being discorded by a bard with 120 discord.

I know she's a little low on the hit points and strength and stats are not as high as some of you have posted, but it should still be interesting to train her and see what she can do. Also note the 100.2 post-tamed wrestling...haven't seen anyone else mention so far yet that theirs had more than GM wrestling.

If you're one of the people whose tamer got to feeling a bit toasty (or maybe even charred) the last few days taming these new dragons, take a peek at today's Mother Goose &amp; Grimm comic: Mother Goose &amp; Grimm Comic Strip Page . (If you look at this after 2/16, you'll have to flip through a few of the previous slides to get to the one for 2/16. The site wouldn't allow a direct link to a particular date's strip.)

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

My one a nice one?

889 hits
60 stamina
564 mana
635 strength
60 dex

83/85 physical
88/90 fire
51/55 cold
57/60 poison
69/75 energy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This dragon imo is better than any of the dragons listed before it on this thread. Resists are VERY important. It's almost 900 HP too... it's a good drag.

I

imported_Sarphus

Up till just now I hadn't tamed any dragons that were so good that I felt like showing them off... that just changed. I have been farming the dragons by myself using provoke to make the dragons fight each other while my cu beats on them. It's pretty effective for killing them, but I think it's possible to kill them faster because I keep failing discord.

I like this dragon because he's 13 pts shy of max total resists and has high hp. He'll also train up to 120 wrestling, which will be nice. I also like the 933 HP. I need to name this thing.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Wow, when you consider the range for resists, 13 shy of max with good hits is remarkable.

I

imported_Sarphus

I figured I'd look through the other dragons I have and post the better ones.

This is my best resist dragon (359 total resist)

I really like this one... for some stuff I like him even better than that high hp dragon I got today. I need to come up with a better name on this one too... I mostly name them so I can tell em about in my stables. I have about 5 in my stables right now.

G

Got a decent one finally, dunno about the other shards but on Napa it seems like most are under 1500 hps with really crummy resists.

Mine is 804 hps 619 str 569 int

81/82/54/57/64 resists

Rey~

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine from Drachenfels has:
874 HP
594 Mana
Resist 77 80 47 58 72
Magery 120.4 after taming.

*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Locrian is busy bonding, the original one I caught didn't make it to the zoo because I met someone by Skara stable who was lamenting that he'd gone from glorious to trustworthy and still hadn't tamed one. I gave it to him.

I'm probably totally perverse, but it gave me something of a feeling of achievment to have tamed it totally alone, using only my peacing skill and without knocking it's health down, even if it did take me an hour.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

I'm probably totally perverse, but it gave me something of a feeling of achievment to have tamed it totally alone, using only my peacing skill and without knocking it's health down, even if it did take me an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not perverse. I felt that way about the dragons I tamed on TC. I haven't managed to do it yet on Cats, but I haven't tried that hard either. I only tried one and managed to die a couple of times. My resists were more than a bit weak. They are better now, but still not great.

I

imported_weins201

Gave that to Guildie AT this is what MIne looks like

HP 938
Str 574
Dex 62
Int 600
Phy 70
Fire 68
Cold 53
Poi 55
Energ 70

Seems pretty well rounded to me

G

Tried to donate my lower end one, zoo wouldn't take it so it did a suicide run in Destard.

Rey~

I

imported_Yalp

took mine for a spin around the block today. Miasma. Like hot knife through butter. W/ out any vetting and miasma's constant mortal strike, it only dropped to 1/2 health before Miasma died. Even when a reptalong AND miasma were on it at the same time.. I healed and vetted and it never dropped below 1/2.

During the 30 minutes of whack a Miasma It gained in all areas in numbers I couldn't believe!

Starting stats....
Hits 926
Stam 63
Mana 593
Str 653
Int 593

G

Thought I'd bring my first one I'm keeping up on the walkway too

L

LAH Architect

Everything spawns bigger on Baja. We get whales while others get fishes

I

imported_TurboTimmy

Well heres my best one so far. Can't Decide if it is my long term pick, but its really close. The skills are not completly done but getting there

Sorry i just like the Irony in the name, its not REALLY a drake

I

imported_Sarphus

Nice grab! Clearly an excellent dragon.

My best hp/resist dragon (posted earlier) is 37 hp lower, which shouldn't impact fire breath much if at all, but it's still 37 hp.

The HP and skills are clearly exceptional. The int isn't exceptional, but I don't think that really matters much.

In resists, all but energy are exceptional. The energy is high enough to hang with all but the hardest energy hitters. I'm not sure there is content that can hit super hard with energy right now, but some may be coming. Even so, 60 energy resist should be enough resist for you to vet + greater heal to keep that dragon up even when he is getting hit for 150 energy damage.

That's a nice one

G

GamonHunter

Just found my keeper
(hate waiting a week to train, but not worth risking losing him)

hp 883
Str 601

Skills average, except magery at 118.2 fresh post tame

Resists:

83 phy
79 fire
49 cold
55 poison
74 energy

This will be my long term one

G

Please don't mock his HPS, but this baby just got tucked in the stables.

Hits 744
Stam 88
Int 534
Str 1127

Resists: 83/90/50/55/72

I liked the resists. Still looking though lol. On the up side he was smacking the daylights out of my stunt draggy and played nice enough to let me start a tame straight off and succeed. Wish they were all that easy!

Wenchy

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Please don't mock his HPS, but this baby just got tucked in the stables.

Hits 744
Stam 88
Int 534
Str 1127

Resists: 83/90/50/55/72

I liked the resists. Still looking though lol. On the up side he was smacking the daylights out of my stunt draggy and played nice enough to let me start a tame straight off and succeed. Wish they were all that easy!

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an exceptional resist dragon...
350 total resists with max fire and 2 off on max phys.

I'm happy with my resist dragon, so I haven't been looking at critters with &lt; 900 hp at this point, but that is undoubtedly a VERY good dragon. I think most tamers are putting FAR too much importance on the HP on these dragons, which imo is not as important as resists. I think everyone should have at least one solid resist dragon because a high hp dragon won't do you a whole lot of good if he's being hit for 90+ dmg every 1.5 seconds. You have to be able to refill the HP bucket at least as quickly as it drains.

That's an excellent dragon. It is superior to some of the dragons people have really oogled over for any task that requires high max resists (specifically, monsters that do 20% of each dmg type). Don't throw this dragon away unless you get a better resist dragon.

EDIT:
I thought I should mention that your dragon's total resist works out to exactly 70% absorption vs monsters that do 20% in every damage type. Also, you have max fire resist, which will really help when said split-damage monsters hit you with fire damage (which is extremely relevant for at least one of em).

A lot of people will tell you a 900 hp dragon is still better. IMO they are not just wrong, but VERY wrong

G

Ah, thanks
That's a pleasant surprise. Been looking for resists first, but I kinda cringed at the HPS heh. He can stay... not like I have just 1 tamer to equip anyway lol.

Wenchy