• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] my mining results after 10 min

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok well there was a post I cant find now and there was some disbelief on how long it takes to mine up over 1k ingots

here are my results after 10 min start to finish mining using KR in Trammel
using 8 shovels and a fire beattle

Iron 799
Dull copper 162
shadow 52
copper 44
bronze 37
val 24
verite 28

total 1146 ingots in ten minutes plus 1 Ecru
now if I had done this in fel it would be times 2

so yes it can be done very easy

K

Kallie Pigeon

I guess now I just need to get a new computer that will work with KR. My current computer used to do KR but then had a video card problem and I had to replace the video card and now it won't update KR and I can't play it.

T

Tycolby

Do you use gargoyle picks at all for KR?

If not then it seems to be alot of wasted time just for Iron Ore.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do you use gargoyle picks at all for KR?

If not then it seems to be alot of wasted time just for Iron Ore.
I do not use the gargoyle axe on this guy he has 0 combat skill lol that would be funny though since i use 8 shovels/picks imagine hitting a val spot and having 8 show up not even sure its possible but that would be a hoot

as for a waste of time the whole point was to prove you can get well over 1k ingots even in tammel in very short time usually I use a hammer to elevate the spawn one level and normally I get less iron and more colored just depends on the cave spawn at the time!

I may have to try the axes though just to see how many you can spawn :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, Wait, Wait, hold on a sek or a minute, ehhh.

Are you trying to sell that you can use 8 Shovels at the same time? Is that onky in KR?
Jesus christ.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can use 8 shovels at the push of one button they dont all dig at exactly the same time but they do dig fast and like me i have it set to repeat

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In KR, you can set up macros to use different tools in succession, abd have a number of repeats (up to 10) set up.

It's possible to set up a UO Assist macro (and I even think a clunky 2D macro) to use a different tool to dig in a string of digs.

Both run WAY faster than digging with one tool over and over.

It's a result of an oversight by the devs when mining was created, putting the timer between digs on the TOOL, not the act of digging. After all these years, it's an accepted part of the game, because the Devs have known about the issue for 11 years and not done anything - it just seems weird to be able to use 6+ shovels at once, like you were Doc Ock or something, so few miners even think of using it....

OF course, sometimes, it can be a rush doing it with target by resource and gargoyle pickaxes.... (got 4 eles of 3 different ores, at once, one time).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OF course, sometimes, it can be a rush doing it with target by resource and gargoyle pickaxes.... (got 4 eles of 3 different ores, at once, one time).

Cool was wondering if that was possible I figured it it was Now I dont have to go test it and die :) When Bre was spawning I managed to get 3 in a row to spawn now that was exciting

G

gmcbroom

Basara did you survive that many ele's spawning on you at once?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yep... It was no trouble, as none were valorite, copper or paragons.

I once got 5 shadow eles in 9 swings, and killed them, without even stopping mining - or healing (though the vein ran out 1 or 2 swings after the last popped). An Earth ele slayer with Life Leech is your friend.

T

Tycolby

OK i see now, was hoping you didnt go after iron that seriously. you can go to the ish gypies camps and get 14k in iron in about 10 minutes if you get them all to have a smith or a vagabond