• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My least favorite TT phrase

Z

ZippyW

My least favorite TT phrase is "I don't care." I don't even understand why Disney would put that phrase in. I can't think of a single way or situation that phrase can be said that isn't meant to irritate another toon. I've seen big toons use it when they get hit and I've seen little toons use it when told "I think this is too risky for you," and every time it makes me wonder why they are even playing.

Maybe this should have gone under the "Dear Toon" thread, but it was just a general thought....!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Which way?"
"I don't care."

Although I agree with you, it can be used in ways that don't bring up the ol' blood pressure. Matter of fact, I agree with you so strongly I can't think of a phrase I hate more than that one. lol

R

rainwatercat

i agree, too. there isn't a phrase that gets upset faster than "i don't care" ("whatever" is a close second). it really makes you wonder how disney goes about deciding on phrases.

also, if you want some interesting reading, google/wiki "like water for chocolate". i don't know why they added that phrase either.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

I think my least favorite phrase is Hmm. I use I dont care all the time, but usually I play with the same people all the time.

Z

ZippyW

That's so interesting because Hmmm doesn't bother me in the least. Just means they are thinking something, like which gag to use when someone says "Which way?" It's not usually meant as an insult. The only time I can see a time when I don't care would be of any use is when someone stinks you and you tell them you don't care if you stink! LOL!

S

Sarcatstic

"You are a genius! Followed by "I think not" or "No"

When used to remark on poor play can be sorta "Sarcatstic"

;-)~

S

Squeaker

I heard to many phrases yesterday used improperly, I wouldn't know where to begin! If I were a little quicker with the phrases - I may have used them myself! Isn't it Monday yet?

R

rainwatercat

kinda scary when you're wishing for a monday, but i agree with you. lol :D

you can always tell when school is out for the day (or a holiday) on tt.

Z

ZippyW

"You are a genius! Followed by "I think not" or "No"

When used to remark on poor play can be sorta "Sarcatstic"

;-)~
LOL... only "sorta?" I have to say I really try to restrain myself from making remarks like that. I tell myself it is a child playing, even when I have to repeat it to myself a few times. :eek:

K

Kippy

My least favorite is: Gobble gobble!

OMG i go nuts when toons say that, I can't stand it!

S

SSniffleslam

I dunno, but I've used "I don't care" a LOT in both annoying and nice ways. I'll use it to be annoying on purpose when I end up with some griefer who is just there to be a headache (and they are out there!!)- or when someone is stinking me because I'm little (get that a lot trying to take over buildings when I'm little - even though I'm always!!! with one of my big toons from the other account) and I use it as a response to which way? if I don't have "you first"...I think it has it's uses. Sometimes I use it as a mantra when some griefer is really P***ing me off....I don't care, I don't care, I don't care....it helps calm me.