• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My latest kick

C

ClanBeviin2

I'm on a mission to craft a Coronet Skyscraper Blueprint.

I have a broken viewscreen, blank canvas, paint cartridge, paint dispersal unit, and a viewscreen technical reader.

For the life of me, I can't find a viewscreen printer. Do they even exist? I'd be willing to buy one, but I can't find it on a vendor search. What are they listed under?

B

BadgerSmaker

Can't quite remember, but should be under misc somewhere, you can then use the item name filter to narrow your search by typing in the name of the item that you are looking for.

P

Penti

Have seen them I'm sure......... of course I may have been dreaming ;)

B

BadgerSmaker

Here's more info:

Printing Kits come in two varieties:

Viewscreen Printer requires:

Broken Hand-Held viewscreen (Grey)
Paint Cartridge
Blank Canvas
Viewscreen technical reader
Paint Disperser unit
Picture Printer requires:

Broken Hand-Held viewscreen (Tan)
Paint Cartridge
Blank Canvas
Paint Dispersal Unit

To use the kits, you need to add the components listed above; when the last component is added, the kit does it's thing and produces a picture. It is recommended that you not store the components in the kit until all are collected.

The following posters are created:

Viewscreen Printer

Freedom
Coronet Skyscraper Blueprint
Cargo Port Blueprint (Also Loot)

Picture Printer

Double Helix
Droid In Contrast
Cargo Port Blueprint (Also Loot)
Bio-Engineer (Also Loot)

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last I knew, you could loot them on Corellia, Naboo, Talus and Tatooine.

Swooper Leader, Skaak Tipper NPCs, Sleemo NPCs, Valarian NPCs and Desert Demons were the ones that had them.

C

ClanBeviin2

Well, I got my blueprint. First try got me the most expensive Cargo Port Blueprint ever, the second run got me "Freedom", which is hanging nicely in my bunker... but the third? Bullseye.

Soldner: It's not a schem. You put all the parts in order into the viewscreen printer. The printer gets destroyed and in its place is one of several posters.

By the way, the reason I was having such a hard time finding the Viewscreen Printer is that it's a "Container". And wouldn't you know, I've been playing since the Summer of '06 and never really noticed the Item Name Filter on the bazaar before? That's a little... embarassing, shall we say?

S

Soldner

So...you made a few paintings? WHy is your image of the schem the most expensive ever? Most expensive too craft?

C

ClanBeviin2

Well, if I had been willing to work for it, it wouldn't have been so bad. Instead, I decided to buy all the components.

You put all of the components into the viewscreen printer and the printer disappears. In its place you get a random poster from among these possibilities:

Freedom
Coronet Skyscraper Blueprint
Cargo Port Blueprint

The first time I bought all of the components and put them in, I got the Cargo Port Blueprint poster, which you can loot off of almost everyone in the Tutorial, almost any low-level NPC, or buy for under 1000 credits. Since I decided to buy the components instead of looting them, that one poster cost me about 300,000. I spent 600,000 more for the other two that popped up. All told, that's almost 1 million for three posters. Yes, I could've done it cheaper by looting, but since a Skyscraper Blueprint can go for 20+ million, I still made out like a bandit--and I got the cool poster I wanted.