My house.

• Thread starter Lord GOD(GOD)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Cant believe this is the first time I've visted this section of the boards! Some great stuff in the stickies. I wanted to post mine, though as its quite large I thought I'd put it in its own thread.

Its called "The House Of Bardic Fortune" and is mostly themed with the classic look of Brit bard shop. Its 18x18 and located a few screens north of luna on the Atlantic shard. I hate clutter so I kept it as simple as possible, the first floor has my main everyday use chests, rune book rack, armory and craft area. The second floor has a bedroom and music hall and the third floor has a study.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
UK
A nice reworking of the Brit music hall :) A suggestion though, have you considered changing out the harps on the hedges for Heartwood-made ones? Not the exact same shade of green but eh, green :)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I considered a few colours, origionally they were parragon gold from an old design, but it didn't look too good. I try to keep it all to one era - if that makes sense, having heartwood harps would be like having an old style building with ML stuff in it... I know the fountains didn't come out until later or the hedges but they were in game way back when. So although the natural colour of the harps isn't ideal (personally I think they should be tambourine brown or candelabra gold) I just think it fits better.

I'm kind of fussy about a lot of details like a lot of designs that have archways/port cutlass style doors look good form the outside but when you're on that floor the interior walls look odd. So I like everything to look perfect wether you're inside or out. The clipping of roof tiles over the wall covering the end is of infinite annoyance!

Oh and the obsidan statues are singing minstrel and melodic bard hehe, its all very bard themed, I'm very pro bard!

A friend helped with the plants by the door and lots of feedback on interior stuff - like the entire back wall armory with wall axes/swords and the wall torches & countless other stuff. Lots of thanks to her for her time.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Very nice! I like the classic look very much. The only thing I think I'd do differently would be to get rid of that front fountain, since you already have one as a centerpiece in the ground floor room, and close off the east side of the walk to the front door with hedges or campions. And possibly for a little more color put some of the new poppies or snowdrops on top of the hedges (or do the snowdrops around christmas time for a more snowy/white look OR do those white crystals from that dungeon in magincia). That could be fun to play around with.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Thank you all :)

I did try one of the white plants, I forget which, probably snowdrops or the square ones (campions?) on top of the hedges for that snow capped look... although I edited it out I live in a snowy area. I can't remember why I didn't keep it... hmm... I probably didn't have enough of them or oh! I think it covered the bottom sil of the windows, or it might have been too tall, although I think theres ways around that if you lower from the floor above, though it was annoying enough having to keep re doing that hedge on the second floor that gets knocked into the moving crate everytime hehe.

The bedroom is probably my least favourite bit, I wanted to keep the walls that shape but it makes it too small a room to do much with. Numerous things were tried with 'breakfast' next to the bed but in the end I got annoyed and ate the fruit basket.

S

Stupid Miner

Nice house, the architecture is superb :D

Only thing i could suggest is possibly throwing something else on the hedges: flowers or something similar.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Chesapeake
I just want to warn you I am going to be stealing alot of your design when I re-do my dads house. He loves the classic houses, but hates doors... so it is always a challenge for me to create designs that fit the old style theme.

I love this and I know he will too (with some slight mods to fit his needs)

Thanks!