• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My first (successful) Navrey Solo

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Template: Vampadin (sw, tact, anat, parry, necro, chiv, resist)
146 str (131 hp)
150 dex (186 stam)
10 int (72 mana)

armor: 4x studded, 1 plate, Glasses, all 70s. Armored Swamp dragon.
Weapon: Broadsword, Arachnid slayer, 100 HML, 50 HSL, 40 DI, 34 HLA

The plan: get in there and AI the beejesus out of her. 35000 hps = 200 AIs ... Shouldn't be too hard. o_O

Reality: Unfortunately I did not time myself... For starters, it took me 3 tries before I finally got her from 100% to dead without dying. Still playing around with my macros etc., and I made some EP jewelry.

On the successful attempt after beating her down to about 36%, I decided to try to activate the rocks. Next time I will open with this attack, beat on her for a while, then drop the rocks again. The rocks dropped her from 36% down to 8. This puts her in run and heal mode.

The webbing is a pain at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. If I'm @ or near full HP when she webs me, there's little chance of death. If I'm in the 80ish range, it's a bit hairy. I'm still a bit fumbly with the timing on getting shield off (I should actually probably remove weapon... useless while webbed anyway) and hitting the potion.

Thoughts:

1)Having 75 resists, and swapping my tangle for a cincture would sure make being webbed a lot more survivable. Instead of a hit landing for ~30 dmg, it'd land for 25. 75s on the armor and the tangle to cincture swap would basically mean I could survive 1 more hit from her.

2) I have never really bothered with potions. Carrying heals is a necessity for her.

3) I could end up with a lot more HP if I swapped my armor around a bit and used str/agility greaters, again would make being webbed much more survivable.

4) This is a monster just BUILT to be killed by the disco/melee templates. She's got low resists, and low wrestling. Disco her down, and you'll hit 95%, and DS will do more damage than AI.

5) Using a spider slayer, so no need for EoO, and dropping chiv entirely to go with spell weaving would be viable too... Just keep Gift of Renewal up. Probably healing would work well too.

6) Probably pretty easy for an archer/thrower, just takes a while, but the webbing isn't a big deal if you stay fairly far away I suspect, given than she's really slow.

I think I will stone some stuff around and try in disco/swords mode.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
100 parry. I have 0 bushido, so I don't use confidence. I did use heal pots for when I was webbed, but I didn't run str/agility.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok got it. Any reason your runnning resist? You can chug str and stam pots to counteract str and stam loss from spells. I solo her regularly without ston shoes no prob. 120 parry 120 bushido really helps there.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Do the pots 100% take care of the negatives from the spells when you have 0 resist?

I guess maybe the biggest reason I run the resist is that I don't really have something better to put in place. My suit is 1h + shield, so bushido makes me worse.

I did her again just now... opened with the rocks, then used them again when she was at about 40%.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You parry better with bushido. Dont wear a shield. I would say drop the resist. I have 0 resist and pots counter al negs from navery.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the pots 100% take care of the negatives from the spells when you have 0 resist?

I guess maybe the biggest reason I run the resist is that I don't really have something better to put in place. My suit is 1h + shield, so bushido makes me worse.

I did her again just now... opened with the rocks, then used them again when she was at about 40%.
What shard do you play. I'll help with the stone boots if I can. Icq 57206514

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hi, what do the boots do?

Edit: You didn't really say it was a problem, but if Nav still runs away like she used to make a macro for attack last and spam that at the end then she'll come to you.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, that's faster than I did it, then again, I wasn't smart enough to walk over to the pillar to fight, so I'd see when it became active again.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to buy some... but none are for sale on my shard.
There are lava proof poles for sale on your shard, 1 million is pricey if you ask me though. If you get a few you could sell them. I wonder if this frees you from slasher and stygians stare freeze or rock fall freeze.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont know either. But i also use my boots to break para as I dont carry trap boxes. Even at Navrey some times.