My first car wreck.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

SUPRsalad

aaand, I live. Totaled my t100. I was about to call my wife, and BAM, this 21 year old kid ran a light and broke my ass off. I feel alright aside from a throbbing knee and a fat lip and a waffle-pattern blood-blister across my chest from the seat-belt in conjunction with a thermal shirt. I promised my wife I'd have the knee x-rayed tomorrow. Anyways, the point:

I need phone numbers from my closest bff's. As I said before, I was about to call my wife, and the phone must have literally exploded against my face or something. You guys know who you are, gimme the digits, mommacitas.

E

Eyes of Origin

That sucks Gemma, hope its nothing serious with your knee. =/

A

AND3R

Glad the accident didnt wind up imbuing your kneecap to your forehead.

To a fast recovery!:shots:

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 7, 2009
From parts unknown
im glad your ok bro, what happend to the other guy ?

fine girl pulls up in a car says to a guy wanna ride

guy says are you insured

lady says yeas

guy says by survival ?

girl says no ?

guy says i cant take that ride ....

S

SUPRsalad

knee feels better today. Still have a fat lip. My wife took some pictures.
The other driver? He seemed TOTALLY fine, though his girlfriend sure was crying..

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I'm glad you came out if it ok for the most part, It would suck to loose a person like you from our UO community. Dont just stop at the knee get everything checked out that you can while its on the guy's insurances dime. some injuries you wont feel for 2-3 days after when the pain from others subsides.

1- Dont sign anything the insurance co. may give you.

2- Dont take any settlement Unless it covers Med bills, New car, Car rental at least.

3- make sure you get everything checked out by doctors prior to accepting money.

4- call a lawyer, A: The insurance company will try to screw you. B: It will be on the Insurance co. dime. C: will help ensure that you get the financial help you need, Be it new car, Lost wages med bills exc.exc.

M

Muu Bin

I'm glad you came out if it ok for the most part, It would suck to loose a person like you from our UO community. Dont just stop at the knee get everything checked out that you can while its on the guy's insurances dime. some injuries you wont feel for 2-3 days after when the pain from others subsides.

1- Dont sign anything the insurance co. may give you.

2- Dont take any settlement Unless it covers Med bills, New car, Car rental at least.

3- make sure you get everything checked out by doctors prior to accepting money.

4- call a lawyer, A: The insurance company will try to screw you. B: It will be on the Insurance co. dime. C: will help ensure that you get the financial help you need, Be it new car, Lost wages med bills exc.exc.

5. Keep a diary of how you are doing/ feeling (either daily or at your discretion). If this ends up in court somehow, you will at least have something documented as to how your recovery is going. And never, ever use positives in writing... put down things like "Not as bad as yesterday". Avoid things like, "Feeling better than yesterday."

As it was pointed out, some injuries can take a little while before they manifest themselves so it is possible that you will feel OK for a few days, then feel like crap after that.

A speedy recovery to you

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 10, 2008
Lawrenceville, GA
www.uoforums.com

5. Keep a diary of how you are doing/ feeling (either daily or at your discretion). If this ends up in court somehow, you will at least have something documented as to how your recovery is going. And never, ever use positives in writing... put down things like "Not as bad as yesterday". Avoid things like, "Feeling better than yesterday."

As it was pointed out, some injuries can take a little while before they manifest themselves so it is possible that you will feel OK for a few days, then feel like crap after that.

A speedy recovery to you
6. And take pictures of everything! From every angle. Then make back-ups of your back-ups. Mom's lawyer lost her pictures from her accident and 2005. The fact that we had them back-up on disk made the difference in her property damage...!

Best of luck to ya.

ps: Ask the doctor for diazipam (sp) trust me!

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 9, 2008
Diazepam (Valium). Why would they prescribe an anti-anxiety med for pain? ;)

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 7, 2009
From parts unknown
i was going to get into some kind of karma thing first your house catches fire now a serious car wreck id be extra extra good for a while maybee if you return you should play a blue char and run an event that benifits all the people of tram...?

ok im gonna stop now before i start sounding cruel.... you must have sufferd some kind of whiplash if you had the seatbelt engraved in to your chest that will prob show up a week after the initial crash so ya whiplash should at least get you some treatment at a chiro ...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
6. And take pictures of everything! From every angle. Then make back-ups of your back-ups. Mom's lawyer lost her pictures from her accident and 2005. The fact that we had them back-up on disk made the difference in her property damage...!

Best of luck to ya.

ps: Ask the doctor for diazipam (sp) trust me!
Why would he want Diazepam when he can get vicodin? After my motercycle wreck the Dr. hooked me up with vicodin 10's for nearly 5 months.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
Why would he want Diazepam when he can get vicodin? After my motercycle wreck the Dr. hooked me up with vicodin 10's for nearly 5 months.
Valium is only good for like, stress things. Dentists often prescribe it for stressed patients who are super afraid of their procedures. My friend is always prescribed it before coming in or else she has panic attacks.

Vicodin makes me really sick. When I broke my leg and when I came down with really bad hives from a bad allergic reaction (I guess it was for the swelling and itching? I didn't get it either...) and what not, the doctors prescribed vicodin and I spent hours at the toilet puking.

Perkaset (sp) works well. But that **** is highly addictive.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 9, 2008
Protip: the active ingredient in Percocet is the same as what is in oxycontin so be careful if your doctor gives it to you

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
THC works best for me, UP here in the Evergreen state I'm allowed 15 plants and up to 28oz on person, Per Dr. orders and State law.

yes oxy is real bad, up here its gotten to the point where working at Walgreens is more dangerous than being a police officer in L.A.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
Gemma! I'm glad you're okay man! Sorry to hear you got your car totaled
I think the government is out to get you bro , keep your head low! :eyes:

S

SUPRsalad

Thank you everyone for your warm condolences/sage advice. I just slept a full 18 hours. I'd say more, but I feel like eating. .

S

SUPRsalad

from my wife's phone. oooooh momma, that makes my head throb. How on earth did that headlight survive?

M

Muu Bin

Valium is only good for like, stress things. Dentists often prescribe it for stressed patients who are super afraid of their procedures. My friend is always prescribed it before coming in or else she has panic attacks.

Vicodin makes me really sick. When I broke my leg and when I came down with really bad hives from a bad allergic reaction (I guess it was for the swelling and itching? I didn't get it either...) and what not, the doctors prescribed vicodin and I spent hours at the toilet puking.

Perkaset (sp) works well. But that **** is highly addictive.

Vicodin and Percocet both contain opioids which, as a class of drugs, can cause nausea to varying degrees. Since both are similar in how they work but are slightly different (chemically speaking), this is likely the reason why one of them caused the nausea and the other didn't. Morphine causes me to barf but the other opioids I have taken over the years do not.

As for their addictiveness, there's way more to that than just the type of drug. A big part of it is the individual and whether or not they have that kind of personality. Don't get me wrong, people can get addicted to these medications, but taken to control pain under the proper circumstances, these types of meds are extremely effective. So many people go through unnecessary pain in their life because of their fear of addiction.

Anyways... my 2 cents.

S

SUPRsalad

hahaha, good gravy folks! Enough about the drugs! I got by with a few 'Aleive' gel caps! However, cus we're on the subject now, I really dislike all of them. Im with beefy, they make me itchy and nauseous. Pain pills are gross.

M

mutau

I'm glad you're alright.

All that damage and the headlight survives.
Maybe that headlight had a spring behind it?

O

Occam_kinslayer

nasty wreck, good to see you made it out of it, I had my first wreck a couple years ago, heres a couple pics of the aftermath...

before:

Accident:

Now:

S

SUPRsalad

what the hell happened to it? It looks like the wheels just.. fell off?

O

Occam_kinslayer

spun through an intersection lol 9k worth of damage toasted the entire suspension plus some body damage.

S

SUPRsalad

Lord.. I prolly woulda just botched it and got another.

They gave me an outback turbo for my rental though! Can't believe I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in it yet. .

O

Occam_kinslayer

Dunno, but I like how the plate reads 'Aim High'.
Its either a talon, or eclipse.
actually its an 07 hyundai tiburon the plate is memorial for my grandfather who was in the airforce.

S

SUPRsalad

A Hyundai? I've heard good things about them lately. They are now ranked #3.
Lets play another trivia game:
relic fragzors to anyone who can tell me what this is:
(and why I just spent 300$ on it)

M

MasterP

Some kinda regulator for a form of gas?

S

SUPRsalad

Mercoid DA-7031-153-6 pressure switch? *grins*
HAHAH, check the image properties much? Yeah, its super lo-tech, but very cool.. Sorry, probably not as cool as I think it is..

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
HAHAH, check the image properties much? Yeah, its super lo-tech, but very cool.. Sorry, probably not as cool as I think it is..
No, but searching the base image url was a start. Worked with Cent a lot back in the day and had a knack for getting information from odd sources. The name of the item isn't on the url, but it did give me a starting point. Next time, don't direct link to it, heh.

P.S. They must have jacked you on shipping, it was on there for only 200 or so.

S

SUPRsalad

No, but searching the base image url was a start. Worked with Cent a lot back in the day and had a knack for getting information from odd sources. The name of the item isn't on the url, but it did give me a starting point. Next time, don't direct link to it, heh.

P.S. They must have jacked you on shipping, it was on there for only 200 or so.
correct, being that over 2million worth of plants and trees were relying on it, i over-nighted it, plus, it was pretty heavy. works like a charm, if anyone gives a ****.

R

Rand Al

well i just now got in a car wreck to with my roush :( drunken ass sideswiped me on the road i will post pics tomorrow!

M

Mar Scyth

Looks like a skillet with a partially assembled clock in it.
:lol::gee::lol:

R

Rand Al

yea im pissed but it could have been worse i was fast to move so all he did was bump me