• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Favorite part of the 4-18-08 FoF

G

"When are you going to do something about all the trial accounts that monopolize the good housing spots?"

This is an extremely common complaint, and a valid one. The fix is not trivial, but we think it's worth it - as of the next publish, characters that are less than 15 days old will not be able to place or trade houses. This means that 14-day trial accounts will not be able to place or trade houses (as there's no way for the character to be older than the account,) and it should level the playing field a bit for our paying customers.

This should open up some spots around all shards

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> it's a start... prevents future abuses, does not address all those stuck houses

and as pointed out in the thread on UHall, *may* affect new characters on very old accounts? did we get clarification about that point from the developers? </font>

G

House placement tools seem to have become a little more dangerous to play with. What has me curious though is the use of character age instead of account age. Unless I'm missing something, that seems to only affect casual players who hear about a big plot open on a non-home shard (I suppose that could be a problem too, but I've not heard it complained about).

G

<blockquote><hr>

"When are you going to do something about all the trial accounts that monopolize the good housing spots?"

This is an extremely common complaint, and a valid one. The fix is not trivial, but we think it's worth it - as of the next publish, characters that are less than 15 days old will not be able to place or trade houses. This means that 14-day trial accounts will not be able to place or trade houses (as there's no way for the character to be older than the account,) and it should level the playing field a bit for our paying customers.

This should open up some spots around all shards

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be the reason I leave the game; I have no problem with them limiting the free trail accounts from placing houses, but by tying this fix to char age rather then account age or billing status is just plain stupid. I have in the past when hosting a scavenger hunt created a char with a special name to change the owner's name of the house, now I would have to remember to do that at least 15 days in advance of the event. During the ATL rares festival, I ended up having to place a house on ATL to store more checks then my bank could hold, I had to create a new char on a vet account that did not have a house on legends, under the new policy I could no longer do that. They clearly should make this fix be about an accounts billing status rather then a chars age. It is just another prime example that EA never fully thinks through fixes. There will also arise times that a player will condemn their house, now they will not have the trail account option to un-condemn the house.

I

imported_blesh

While it wasnt a completly thought out fix, it is none the less, an awesome fix.

I wonder how many houses will fall as a result?

N

nakednative

I am going to love this!!! this should make houseing a lot more fair. There are some guilds that have around 70 houses that arent in use and some to block others from placing keeps and castles. Now maybe a bunch of people on legends will be able to get their dream house

Im sure there will be a few luna houses that fall.

G

I cant wait to see what other lame excuses people use to try and condem honest idocers when all this goes into affect and those that are succesful because they are good (and not from the neferouse ways some others try to condem them for) still succeed if not thrive even under this new and improved system.

I also cant wait to see how others fair under this new system and I will be personally gauging others level of above the board playing as mine has been judged for years and I am sure will be closley scrutinized in the coming changes. I then cant wait to see all those that used short cuts go bye bye.

G

Plucky, why do you always feel as if someone is out to get you? Your good at watching houses go IDOC. It just amazes me how you could know when ALL of those houses fall and just happen to be at them all. I definatly wouldnt have the time or patience to watch houses go idoc.

just remember my friend, not everyone is out to get you, you just like to paint that picture for everyone.

G

I used to eye Plucky with a certain paranoia (having people recall to your house, pause for a moment then recall out can be a bit unnerving ... sort of like watching the crows circle). I think I ran away the first time he tried to say hello

G

Next time stop and say hello back, he's one of the most interesting people I have met on Legends, you might be pleasantly surprised.

G

Omni sir,
Plz just hush your hole right there.Youve always had thing where your paranoid
around me for tryin to claim your "sexiest persin on Legends title".So you always think Im out to get you when in reality I stole that title a LONG TIME ago.

G

Sir you never had it, I allowed you to think you had it, but you never ever had it.