• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My extreme crafter - in the making

B

Bara

I have been attracted to the concept of an extreme crafter, and I wanted to run my character past you all for critique or suggestions.

Tailor 120
Blacksmith 120
Mining 100
Arms Lore 100
Magery 100 (110 with jewelry)
Tactics 100
Chiv 70

I have a very nice mage weapon bow for handling ore elementals, and I would be using magery as my generic utility skill. Chiv, of course, is to give me a damage boost against ore elementals (I think it would be better than say, anatomy or bushido, considering I only have 70 points)

I am human, so I have 20 in focus / med / spellweaving / tinker / anatomy.

Thanks!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not shure about copper and valorite elementals. Those have a very nasty damage reflect and it could take you some time to take one down. (Since your abilitys to heal are not that exciting.)
Aside from that, shadow and valorite elementals are immun to pets and player cast magic. That would leave the valorite ele as a trouble maker for you. (You could get 'help' from a blade spirit/casted elemental with the copper elemental.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Using a bow should be relatively safe against the valorites, and if the mage weapon bow is Spell channeling, you can use greater heal to heal any damage (if it's not SC, then you'll have to stick to close wounds when in combat).

Be sure and do the spellweaving quest. if you can get some non-spellweavers onto a circle to cast arcane circle, the effects are greatly enhanced, and you can cast Gift of Renewal with a level 3 or 4 circle that even at 0 real skill, will give you about 8-9 HP every 2 seconds.

And, while pets & summons can't damage the Shadow and val elementals, they CAN slow it down by tanking it for you, until they drop.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using a bow should be relatively safe against the valorites
I know that for a long time those elementals used to reflect only 1 point of damage when hit with a bow. Last time my archer nearly one-hitted himself by the reflect of a copper elemental.

B

Bara

Hmm, well, the best I can do is try. It's going to be hard with only three skill slots to work with though. I figured that magery would be superior to a weapon skill in this situation, considering that I only have three to choose from. I guess I could go archery instead of magery, but it feels like magery would give me more versatility for when I find myself fighting non ore elementals. Having just archery would give me a broader choice in weapons and jewelry though.

Archery/tactics/chiv sounds like it would be enough to take out most things i come across. Though, I really do love magery and I've already eaten my scroll for it, so it's a tough call.

B

Bara

Update: I decided to make a more substantial warrior and soulstoned my crafting skills onto a new mule.

Now I have:

Mining
Fencing
Tactics
Chiv
Anatomy
Healing
Parry

Should be much more solid!