• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My decorating website

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, so we all know I have the Castles and Courtyards site in a directory on my site. Personally, I find having deco.girlgamer.net/etcetcetc....a bit of a pain for working with for memory wise.

Since I have good hosting and reasonable spare cash to register a new domain and can move stuff without a huge headache, i'm considering creating a new, easier to remember domain for A Decorator's Guide Site.

Problem is, I suck at names. And I'd like to get the new site running prior to my next contest.

That being said, anyone have suggestions?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
>.>
I only own one castle...one keep...one luna house...one 18x18 in Malas....Honest >.>

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One suggestion I Had before was to go wtih the initials CMID, but that is already taken (just checked, still is)

uohousedesign and ultimahousedesigns are available for .com, .net and .org

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Stands for Crescent Moon Interior Design.

Another suggestion was uohomedeco.com

I like that one

T

Teeshy

Oh! Of course it does! (don't mind me, is just gone 7 am and I havent had coffee yet!)

uohomedeco.com is a nice one =) I was just looking up things like "ultimadeco" and "decorateUO" (for some reason the word decorate just appeals to me, "decorate your world" =P)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Teesy...Decorate has to be in there somewheres.

I only thought up one: Deco Tool Genius

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my deco site is part of my main Ultima site Echo Deco located on Spellweave.com. I also want to 'link' to any other deco sites from my main UO links page (see HOME) where I have a section specifically for deco etc. So when you do decide make sure you post a url so I can link you in :)

As for a name, well my view when I named mine 'spellweave' was it was UO related but I could also use it for 'other' things if I wanted to without it seeming 'too' Ultima related.

ie my website for my dogs is Cavshiraz and also runs off the same domain name. My dog site is only for breeding purposes when I have litters for sale, and links from dogzonline an aussie site for purebred dogs. Unless I was to go into selling 'products' it wouldn't be worth setting up its own domain. Having just reformated my main spellweave site I will be working on the dogs one next, to tie it in with the word spellweave. "If you want to be bewitched then get a Cavalier" type thing.

I guess when naming it is up to you as to whether you name the whole site something to do with Deco or allow room to go into other UO related things or entirely other dif stuff. Spellweave covers KR, quests, deco, items etc for UO and allows me to 'add' more content when/if i feel like it.

I would suggest something like Kayhynn's-Korner or something like that :) although one word is probably better for a .com name. If you want it to contain uo then something like UOKingdoms.com would be pretty nice.
Congratulations! uokingdoms.com is available

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I'm gonna go with either decorateUO or uohomedecor.com

Normally I'd say "just keep it with deco.girlgamer.net, considering I own that domain, but I wanted something cleaner and easier to track with the search engines, etc.

Thanks for the ideas guys and when I get things transfered over, I'll let you know :)

A

archite666

uodeco.com?

My whole thing is simplicity, the more easy it is to remember, the more traffic you will get.

I can't count how many times iv just typed in stuff like that in hopes of finding a site relating to it.

Plus it sticks in your head, someone says a simple name like that in game, and later you try to remember but its complicated and doest work, but something that simple you will always remember.

Just my thoughts.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That site name is already in use, was used by someone doing a halloween deco contest.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That site name is already in use, was used by someone doing a halloween deco contest.
Maybe you could find out who owns it and see if the owner is interested in passing it over to you? They may not even be playing nowadays or may have only needed it for that one thing.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I'm dumb, thats feath's website. I thought it sounded a lil familiar and when I visited...yup, hehe. There are deco image links and ideas on the bottom, as well as the contest on the top.