• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My "date" touring MT guildhouses

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took some planning but Ceno and I finally completed our “date” that had been gifted to me by Girl Scout Marqi. Thank you, Girl Scout Marqi. It was an excellent experience!

Ceno started off by reassuring me that he was a perfect gentleman and he never puts out on the first date. *LOL* We started the MT guildhouse tour on Baja in Fel. Since time was short, we did the other shards a couple weeks later. We went to Lake Superior, Atlantic, Sonoma and Pacific. I was most impressed with Baja and Lake Superior. Both of those locations had many items that had been placed by Seers and therefore are blessed and don’t need to be locked down. To someone who doesn’t remember the early days of UO, they wouldn’t know how rare many of these items are. From candelabras to tables with tablecloths, I looked around in amazement knowing that these items were ones that weren’t owned by many of us; me included.

The guildhouse on Sonoma has fallen and the ruins are still there surrounded by spawn of kraken that are leftovers from an EM event. Ceno warned me not to get too close to the ruins or risk death by the kraken. He fell victim to them which made me burst out laughing. Though I knew he did it just to show me, it didn’t lose it’s humor.

If any of you are curious about MT and the history of that guild (or any of the old "blessed" guildhouses), I would strongly recommend checking out the MT guildhouses or seeking out Ceno. He was a wonderful tour guide and very knowledgeable about the history. I hated to see the tour end but supper time was calling. It was nothing short of fascinating for me and to any who love UO’s history, I’m sure the same would ring true.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad that you had a good time Mama =)
although now that i think about it, i technically still owe you dinner! *winks*

The tour itself took quite a few hours, i believe on Baja alone we spent at least 2 hours....

There truly is a lot of history out there, and A LOT of history with The Mage Tower. I have spent many years trying to learn as much as i could and even though some think of me as an expert, i truly don't know as much as I wish!

As I've said before, if anyone ever wants a tour of MT I am more than happy to give one, I can spend hours talking about it. I have been lucky in my UO life that I have visited most of the other Towers before they fell on the other shards and met some interesting folk!

And as far as the "date" went, well Mama thought she was yapping my head off when it was really me yapping away! Mama was really reminded how much we all as players take for granted now as I pointed out a lot of things that you were never able to get till very recently. So some may go to the Tower on Baja and not think much of it at first glance, but if you think back on when the Tower was placed and Blessed and then think of when certain items game into the game that single Tower becomes most amazing if I do say so myself.

Mama was great and asked a lot of questions and I hope I answered them well! But spending time with the Mama of Faith has always been a blast, even in the past! And yes...I still wish I was there for the hot tub party where Mama stripped....*wonders if that picture is still on the MT forums and wishes he could check*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were an awesome tour guide and a perfect gentleman and though the tour was awesome, the best part was getting to spend time with someone I consider a good friend. Thank you for putting up with all of my questions. I truly found it intriguing and could've spent hours looking at all of the items. I love my UO and it's been such a part of my life for going on 11 years.

As far as that hot tub party...I was framed! I think Xel was lurking in the background and substituting my pop for sake. *runs off to burn that picture FOR-E-VER*.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were an awesome tour guide and a perfect gentleman and though the tour was awesome, the best part was getting to spend time with someone I consider a good friend. Thank you for putting up with all of my questions. I truly found it intriguing and could've spent hours looking at all of the items. I love my UO and it's been such a part of my life for going on 11 years.

As far as that hot tub party...I was framed! I think Xel was lurking in the background and substituting my pop for sake. *runs off to burn that picture FOR-E-VER*.
What!? I would never substitute pop for sake! *hides Mama-san's cup of pop and replaces it with sake-filled replica*

Also, a naked Mama-san? I'll drink to that! :drool: