• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My carpal tunnel symptoms have disapeared

• Thread starter Balian of Asgard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Balian of Asgard

24 days after I stopped playing UO, my sore shoulder, elbow and wrist pains have almost disappeared!!!

WOOOT

I had a feeling it was UO, but now its pretty clear that it was, wow what a night/day diff after the constant pain is gone

:gee:

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you sit when you play? I usually have my forearms (sometimes elbows) resting on my computer desk, seems to help me out a lot as my smaller muscles aren't holding the weight of my arms, etc.

When I'm at work typing too much I make sure I take breaks and stretch periodically to help with the cramping and muscle tightness.

I use a keyboard with a lot of finger room (its one of the old school IBM 1980-1990 101 keyboards, it'll be able to buy alcohol in less than two years!!!, yes my keyboards turning 21 in 2011 woohoo!!) and a cheapo logitech easy to grab mouse.

B

Balian of Asgard

21 y/o wow, that thing must weigh a ton hehe and have about 35 grams of potatoe chip crumbs in it lol

Do you exercize? Work a labor-intensive job?
I have been doing quite a bit of physical labor since feb-march around the house, stuff that shoulda been done last fall etc...

Im a pencil pusher, not much time to do exercise, but trying to prioritize alot of stuff to highlight health

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
21 y/o wow, that thing must weigh a ton hehe and have about 35 grams of potatoe chip crumbs in it lol
Its in quite good shape, couple nicks and dents that it came with but I'm totally OCD I love this keyboard. It gets a light alcohol cleaning probably weekly, along with my monitor screens, and I'd say once a year or so I do a deep cleaning pull it apart and alcohol it up. I'm pretty sure this keyboard could crack a skull its twice the size easy of then little 9 inch notebooks.

Anyways if I were you I'd get into a work out routine or do alot of yard work instead of selling your UO accounts!

S

SUPRsalad

Its in quite good shape, couple nicks and dents that it came with but I'm totally OCD I love this keyboard. It gets a light alcohol cleaning probably weekly, along with my monitor screens, and I'd say once a year or so I do a deep cleaning pull it apart and alcohol it up. I'm pretty sure this keyboard could crack a skull its twice the size easy of then little 9 inch notebooks.

Anyways if I were you I'd get into a work out routine or do alot of yard work instead of selling your UO accounts!
you think yard work will fix it?? Thats probably how he got to that point.
Bal, just stretch alot.. its what i do, and i always feel 'top-it-all'. .

B

Balian of Asgard

Gemma, Ive been hard at work for the past week, using the comp alot, the pain came back, must be the desk setup and where the mouse is located and how I sit my lazy ass in the chair :p