• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My beetle vanished

Callise

Journeyman
Hi All! I've recently come back and I'm still trying to figure a bunch of thing out - please bear with me.

So, I went to one on the revamped dungeons. Apparently, no pets are allowed and my beetle poofed. Ok no problem, I'm sure Buddy is at the stables. Nope. Ok... well if I log out and back in, he's sure to show up.Nope. I even tried recalling back to the dungeon and out again. Nope.

That was last night. I checked this morning, and he's still MIA. Should I bother paging a GM or accept that Buddy has decided to part ways?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There is a trick using one of the High Seas boats you can try, although I think enough time has gone by to where it will not work... still worth a shot tho I guess. Throw a boat in the water.. hit the mooring line to get on the ship and log out and back in. At times the pet shows back up.

Sadly paging a GM will only get you the "can't replace stuff" message...

Callise

Journeyman
Ack! Thanks Kylie - I'll give it a shot. I'm in the middle of a fish monger run, so that's even more time spent with Buddy running loose. Weird how attached we get to this Lil guys!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You are welcome.. and yeah, I still have a couple old pets that I will not advance with the new pet system just because I like them lol. Strange indeed :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Back in 2003 or 2004, there was an invasion of Trinsic on Lake Austin that was a madhouse. I died repeatedly, got telestormed to Cove, and lost my body - and my beetle. I looked all over for it, and couldn't find it.

Finally, I just had a friend tame me a new beetle, and gave it the name of the missing one.

Skip forward almost 2 years. I now have a new guild (most of my old guild went to other games like Guild Wars), new friends, and lots of alliance mates.

One of them yells for me, "Gamlin, I see your beetle's ghost here in Cove."

I'm like "Can't be - I'm riding my beetle right now."

"If you don't believe me, come check it out."

I go there, and up on the TOP of the mountain in Cove, behind the bank, is a ghost of a beetle, with my beetle's name.

I call for it, and suddenly, the ghost beetle runs to my side, and my control slots jump from 3/5 to 6/5. I can't really do anything with it, so one of my guildies takes it in trade, I change to a different character, and they trade it back.

It's now 2017, and I still have both beetles, though I released them and retamed & rebonded them a few months ago to drop their control slots to 1.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used a pet bonding potion and the pet bonded, after that it died and no ghost. It happened inside my castle. Maybe I should check my moving crate... maybe it became a statue lol. No kidding this happened to one pet and not the other, and the Dev won't do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro