• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My bane dragon is escaped ( bug?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My friend lost his bane dragon last week, I am posting this on behalf of him.

"About three days ago I was doing fountain in shadowguard encounter with my bane dragon ( i have 120 tame/lore) - realskill) and suddenly she went out of tame ( i fed her everyday carefully, hse was like my child) and then i hardly re-tamed her. Afterwards, I bought a pet bonding potion and bond her again. In luna stables, just before I stable her, she went out of tame again and a stupid guard killed it.

So, what can i do about it? we have already sent a mail to mesanna and request help from gm's but no reply yet.

I want my child back . "

They had an emotional relationship, apart from its cost this animal is very important for him. I would be more than happy if anyone can help us or tell how to find help.

@Mesanna
@Bleak
@Kyronix

Last edited by a moderator:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happens now and then and is well known to the Dev team. Unfortunately they never fixed it nor seem to intend to fix it (like so many things). It can happen any time again.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looking at that screenshot my guess would have to be karma...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
an emotional relationship with pixils.
interesting.
i think that called Objektophilie or OS (Objectum-Sexuality) its actually a disorder.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
an emotional relationship with pixils.
interesting.
i think that called Objektophilie or OS (Objectum-Sexuality) its actually a disorder.
The majority of the people on this forum have spent 10+ years of our lives obsessed with a video game. It's time we faced the facts, we all have a disorder related to pixels apparently.

I hereby diagnose us all as "Ultimaphiles". Now we just need a support group and we are good to go! ;)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The majority of the people on this forum have spent 10+ years of our lives obsessed with a video game. It's time we faced the facts, we all have a disorder related to pixels apparently.

I hereby diagnose us all as "Ultimaphiles". Now we just need a support group and we are good to go! ;)
I'm about to ask my doctor what my options for prescriptions are, but more than likely the side-effects would be worse than the condition we already have.

in the OP it appears there's only one person in that room, if that's the case the dragon went wild because the tamer summoned a demon (exceeding the follower slots.) pet summon ball while casting could accomplish such things, if you exceed the follower limit, one or more of your pets are released.

I don't know what could have happened at the stables where the guy claims his pet went wild and was guard-whacked. maybe if the pet wasn't fed? I've never used a pet bonding potion, so I don't know if they count as "feeding" or not. if it doesn't it went wild again due to being commanded while it was unhappy with it's owner.

Which brings me to my next point. This is why we should still have bane dragons & dread mares still spawning, even if deceit brazier is the only way to spawn one. just do it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My friend lost his bane dragon last week, I am posting this on behalf of him.

"About three days ago I was doing fountain in shadowguard encounter with my bane dragon ( i have 120 tame/lore) - realskill) and suddenly she went out of tame ( i fed her everyday carefully, hse was like my child) and then i hardly re-tamed her. Afterwards, I bought a pet bonding potion and bond her again. In luna stables, just before I stable her, she went out of tame again and a stupid guard killed it.

So, what can i do about it? we have already sent a mail to mesanna and request help from gm's but no reply yet.

I want my child back . "

They had an emotional relationship, apart from its cost this animal is very important for him. I would be more than happy if anyone can help us or tell how to find help.

@Mesanna
@Bleak
@Kyronix
Sucks about the bane, but the dude needs push the power button and slowly back away from the computer.

On a side note, what client is it that shows health percentages above your head?

I'm pretty sure that's not the standard CC.

Please let me know.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now Captn I just take the opportunity to play with my pixels to unwind when I take a break during the day or to unwind at the end of the day....... Wait! What!! Where is the box I put that Crimmy in?????? Gotta run and frantically search every crate in the house till I find it!!!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sucks about the bane, but the dude needs push the power button and slowly back away from the computer.

On a side note, what client is it that shows health percentages above your head?

I'm pretty sure that's not the standard CC.

Please let me know.
It sucks, but I agree. I've lost pets before, and I just go out and tame another one (although it'd still take a while to find a 4.3 GD if I lost that one); there's no real reason why Bane Dragons & Dreadmares can't be added to the tameable list on a permanent basis (and I'm not just saying it because I missed out on both, although that certainly plays a part.)

As for the percentages: it isn't. It's an option in ***** (which I just found - it's slightly annoying, but stops at 100% and disappears after a few seconds), so I'll be using it in the future.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sucks, but I agree. I've lost pets before, and I just go out and tame another one (although it'd still take a while to find a 4.3 GD if I lost that one); there's no real reason why Bane Dragons & Dreadmares can't be added to the tameable list on a permanent basis (and I'm not just saying it because I missed out on both, although that certainly plays a part.)

As for the percentages: it isn't. It's an option in ***** (which I just found - it's slightly annoying, but stops at 100% and disappears after a few seconds), so I'll be using it in the future.
I agree for someone that keeps saying that she doesn't want to put in things anymore that aren't "permanent" this is something that needs addressed... @Mesanna ..... no other class of characters has such a disadvantage that two of the best weapons of their class are completely unobtainable.

You can get whatever if you are a swords, macer, archer, mage whatever.... but a tamer... no you can't get a Bane or a Dread no matter what the supply is VERY limited. Very unfair.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Its lost mate, Ive lost many pets, tell your friend to have a nice stiff drink and start looking for something else.
Doubt it can be saved, as if It got guard whacked, I am guessing it now deleted off the server records too..... sad times but things happen!

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
something else? can someone guarentee me that the new pet wont disappear like this?

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No, but consider it a fair trade for using an illegal program.
i hope u guys show the same sensivity for other third party tools in this game.

This game has problems just because of ppl like you, who only walk around luna and rare fests. great job.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You made a poor decision of posting a screenshot of someone using an illegal program. That's your fault.

And on the contrary, the game suffers from people like you and your friend exploiting it through illegal 3rd party programs.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
game definetly suffers from you and ppl like you who ignores whats happening in the game apart from their luna bank activities. thats why the population of the game is getting smaller .

you think you own uo, you have a voice on the community but you are so blinded that you cant even see your harm to ultima online

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
game definetly suffers from you and ppl like you who ignores whats happening in the game apart from their luna bank activities. thats why the population of the game is getting smaller .

you think you own uo, you have a voice on the community but you are so blinded that you cant even see your harm to ultima online
You're making assumptions and avoiding ownership of what you posted and are doing.

You can support the use of illegal programs and turn around and blame me for not going along with it, but your choice of reasoning only establishes my point further.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're making assumptions and avoiding ownership of what you posted and are doing.

You can support the use of illegal programs and turn around and blame me for not going along with it, but your choice of reasoning only establishes my point further.
No, it does not. In fact, illegal programs have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread. What happened with that Bane Dragon can just as easily happen if someone is using UOAssist.

You can blame the illegal programs for the state of the game all you want, and you'd be correct...to a point. But think about why UO has gotten to this point before you start blindly pointing fingers.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No, it does not. In fact, illegal programs have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread. What happened with that Bane Dragon can just as easily happen if someone is using UOAssist.

You can blame the illegal programs for the state of the game all you want, and you'd be correct...to a point. But think about why UO has gotten to this point before you start blindly pointing fingers.
Actually, his response to me was related to illegal programs.

No one blamed the 3rd party program for losing the bane (though you wouldn't be able to tell without risking a ban).

As far as blindly pointing it's pretty hard to dodge that bullet when you post a screenshot of it :).

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, his response to me was related to illegal programs.

No one blamed the 3rd party program for losing the bane (though you wouldn't be able to tell without risking a ban).

As far as blindly pointing it's pretty hard to dodge that bullet when you post a screenshot of it :).
Uh, actually, you did:

No, but consider it a fair trade for using an illegal program.
If the health percentages weren't in the screenshot, none of us would've been the wiser. I'll agree that posting a screenshot with a feature not in the standard CC/UOAssist is dumb, but oh well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The post of the screen shot running an illegal third party program was handled by the moderators. There is no need for everyone else to continue piling on. Please try to keep it constructive.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Uh, actually, you did:

If the health percentages weren't in the screenshot, none of us would've been the wiser. I'll agree that posting a screenshot with a feature not in the standard CC/UOAssist is dumb, but oh well.
I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion.

It clearly states consider it a trade.

It didn't say the program caused it.

You're reaching now and I can only assume because you've also stated you'd go back to using the program and feel the need to be defensive.

Regardless, the original post was merely to point out that he added a
Screenshot of the program.

It wasn't an implication that it was the cause of due to the history of pets being lost.

But it's hard to derive that without fully explaining, which sucks because typing on an iPhone is tedious for long texts.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@drcossack

thanks for explanation but as you can' see such people ( who never step back) never accept that they are wrong. we can provide thousands of arguments ( which kill his arguments) and he can still claim he is somehow right. so let him think he is the wise man here.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@drcossack

thanks for explanation but as you can' see such people ( who never step back) never accept that they are wrong. we can provide thousands of arguments ( which kill his arguments) and he can still claim he is somehow right. so let him think he is the wise man here.
You haven't been able to refute or explain anything.

You made some baseless trammel claims and said that I harmed the game lol.

Due to the fact you posted the picture without much thought to begin with, I think we all can base our judgement about your
Opinion accordingly.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I feel this thread has run its course. Its no longer productive or on topic to the OP, and its being derailed constantly.
Therefore its time for a shinny lock!.

@del55 As the wise Kyronix would say... "feel free to email ( [email protected] ) questions and feedback directly". Hopefully they can help your friend with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.