• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My apology.

G

*tacks a note to a tree as he wanders off for a break*

Dear Siegers,

I am not King Edward.

My job in real life is in a hospice and I am surrounded by suffering and death on a daily basis. I lost a patient that I considered a friend and I think I am extra fragile right now. Please forgive me for losing my cool with the boards, I should have known this is not a place for someone who is wounded to go.

(He was a really neat person, he fought in the Aleutian Islands and Europe in WW2, worked in the field atrtillery. Had a lot of stories to tell that would keep one glued. I know you are not supposed to get attached to folks, but I defy anyone not to take it personally when they lose someone they have helped care for years. He was one tough old dude.)

I hope to have many adventures on Siege with ya'll. I just need to go take a little break and get my head back on straight.

Player of,
Johnny Rico and Miles.

Former player of,
Dizzy
Camulos
Morgan La Faye
and
Edward << Note the lack of royality in the title. Edward is my Middle name...

*note left flapping in the breeze*

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I was once required to do Community Service as a graduation requirement (all schools should have this). I chose to volunteer at a retirement center. My reluctance to do so was quickly washed away by the most interesting people I have ever had the pleasure to discuss life with. I commend your hospice work and your willingness to cope with everything that goes with it.

You're right, boards are not a good place if you're emotionally charged at the time......god knows I have submitted some posts that I was plenty embarressed about after I calmed down. I think most of us have been there at some point and are completely understanding. I'm sorry for your loss, keep the chin up!

I

imported_obNOXious

<blockquote><hr>

*tacks a note to a tree as he wanders off for a break*

Dear Siegers,

I am not King Edward.

My job in real life is in a hospice and I am surrounded by suffering and death on a daily basis. I lost a patient that I considered a friend and I think I am extra fragile right now. Please forgive me for losing my cool with the boards, I should have known this is not a place for someone who is wounded to go.

(He was a really neat person, he fought in the Aleutian Islands and Europe in WW2, worked in the field atrtillery. Had a lot of stories to tell that would keep one glued. I know you are not supposed to get attached to folks, but I defy anyone not to take it personally when they lose someone they have helped care for years. He was one tough old dude.)

I hope to have many adventures on Siege with ya'll. I just need to go take a little break and get my head back on straight.

Player of,
Johnny Rico and Miles.

Former player of,
Dizzy
Camulos
Morgan La Faye
and
Edward &lt;&lt; Note the lack of royality in the title. Edward is my Middle name...

*note left flapping in the breeze*

[/ QUOTE ]

My Daddy (yes, i said daddy) died in a hospice facility. The employees there treated every request he made as if it would be his last, and literally RAN to make it happen (tuna sandwich). They were the kindest, most tolerant and loving people i had ever met!

G

It definitely takes special people to work in that program. Right now, a good friend's great-grandmother (who is 103 years old) is in Hospice care, as there really isn't anything more doctors can do for her at this point.

I admire people who can provide that type of care, on a regular basis, knowing that their charges are probably never going to recover.

-Skylark

G

Any forms of rl death and or fatal illnesses, oft makes us all a tad fragile, hard to cope with it sometimes, and unlike this game, no *rl res* for those we label friend, familly, or even ..pet.

Sight for example even myself, loss of one friend *in game* whom I never met rl really got to me, that and so sudden no clue nor warning even and he seemed so healthy lively full of rl spunk yet, seemed young in spirit too, albeit 45 yrs of age even seems too young to exit this world. I normally do not *over react* too terribly to drylooting cutting up armors and so on, when pkd in game, but I was very very upset when that person's gm mark clothing which he made for me and that I had on me in game for my vendors to wear, was all cut up..cuz he can not make it any longer ever, no rl him here any more to join us, in this game world nor to tailor those items with his mark on em ever again. *but I got over it* took a while though.
In all fairness the one that cut it all up, had not even been here, and was playing another game and had just returned, so he had no clue either not really about that game mark being suddenly something more special than before, cuz the rl human being had left this world and the game both for forever.

So we all can be fragile over react when some rl death has touched us in anyway. And others should be a bit more sensitive to this factor but often they are not. *can not change that either*

But neither YOU nor anyone else, should be lynched/judged guilty, over someone else's behavors, with even part of your character's name similar to another's name either.

That be over reacting of some many people, at you for no reason, for stuff you did not even do..that is often the trouble with over reacting to near lynch mob mentality even if the reaction IS or seems quite justified or normal ie not over reacted..someone innocent should NOT have to suffer, nor be *lynched* nor judged up in the process of *justice* as being the same one as any other in game pixel characters name, whom they are not !

*understandable emotions from human beings, coming and going both ways really* but folks need to get a grip and realise they too *over react* or get lynchmobish rl and game both ...when something calmer may could or should be done, instead of *hang em high lynchings, when something more calm or Just could be found or done, all across the board, without also hanging the innocents or those with similar names even.

G

My momma was in a nursing home for 3 yrs. I often went in there to visit others, besides my mom, people abandoned and forgotten, who's own kids never bothered to visit their own parents.

One day I walked in there and one bed was covered in a black blanket. It was the nursing home's way to let all the other people in there know, that one of them was not coming back, not off to see the doctor, nor out with family ..black blanket meant someone ya may have known or liked in here is not coming back.

I got to know that man ever so slightly, grand sense of humor so even that struck me, and I knew folks would miss him *even if his own kids ignored his existance* he was well liked in there by lots of folks.

They had *pet therapy* too, a jack russel terrier and a chocolate labrador oft come trotting down the hallways to visit the folks in there whom loved dogs. It made their day just to get a dog even to give em some love and friendship.

Had I lived in that state, I probably would have become a volunteer in that nursing home. Sorry state of affairs when some folks never get any visitors nor anyone they loved come visit them, and thank goodness the staff and others in there or others folks families try to..........make those forgotten souls to smile and laugh and feel cared about.

G

Thank you for the clarification. Please accept my apology for thinking you might be that other person.

I have sent you a personal PM.

G

*smiles softly and checks in before heading off to work*'

Queen, its when you call the family and they still die alone when its the worst. Those are the days my car sees me cry a lot.

Im not mad at anyone, just annoyed.

*head off to work and the lovely chapel there*

JFR

R

Rilla

You are a very sweet and genuine person. I've enjoyed our conversations in game greatly. I'm in awe of what you do everyday to make a difference in people's lives.

- Rilla
(Heartwood)

R

Rykus

A few words of advice.

Siege, at times, can be the best and the worst EA shard running. Don't take anything or anyone (too) seriously here, as some apparently find great joy in showing exactly how big of a rectum they can be. Others, I would imagine much like yourself, find gratification in helping others and by creating rather than destroying. Embrace the positive and let the rest eat cake.

I look forward to meeting you at some point. Please don't be offended if attack first, then speak with you after you're rezzed. I gave up trying to RP with people first, then PKing them.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Well writ, friend.

I still hope to meet you ingame some day. A soul such as you apparently possess is a rare pleasure to become acquainted with.

*smiles*

Peace go with you.