• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my almost normal custom castle

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
amazing effort, that must of taken a lot of time and dedication. I have been customising my new keep the last few days, and it has been driving me mad with the whole process involved.. lol

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really pretty :) I love what you did with the tubs on the roof. I just went down to visit to see what those were - very clever!

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks everyone. I know it will never be 100% done because im always changing something and haven't finished with the bottom floor yet. I posted to maybe give people ideas of what they can do. I think the teleport tiles really help with getting into the rooms on the bottom floor. You can place a fake floor on the 2nd floor so no matter where you stand you can see all rooms on the 2nd floor. I also love to "chop" everything up to see what we can make. My house says about 30 people have visited but the other day a npc healer gave me a count so maybe only 2 people went. Im spending most of my time working on my tailor/cake shop now and its going to be all white and pink. its the keep under the castle and there is nothing normal about it. I hope im answering all your questions you send me and I will help anyway I can. thanks and enjoy

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is the best done castle I've ever seen. Interested in doing others houses?

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome job! :thumbsup:

Would you like to come decorate my castle? I have had it for several years and don't even know where to start.
I would love to decorate your castle but I don't have the time. I need to get my cake tailor shop done so I can start on my brothers evil castle. I hope I gave you an idea or two and you can start with just one room. Before you know it your house will be done. Then you will come up with another idea and have to take it down to start over again.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you look at the 3rd floor you will see a pink round pillow on the floor. its covering one of the tall skinny post im talking about. you cant walk over that tile.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
shard where this is?
hope you like it and that the pics are posted right. I think it looks way better in 2d but in EC I can take bigger pics. Its on LS in trammel to the east of brit, 1st castle along the coast if you want to see it.
Wow.. beautiful. Do you have a rough idea of how many hours you have into the design?

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My castle is on Lake Superior. No idea how many hours it took me and its still not done. Im holding off on my evil castle because it doesn't have anything in the court yard and I might want to change it to a new castle when we get them. I have been working on my tailor cake shop. Its the keep right under the normal castle. I have been doing it in all white but im not sure I like it. I will make it public and you can step on the stairs to see what it looks like. I hope my castle gives people ideas on what they can do with the new pavers.

How about some Youtube Guides? I´m still in despair for that ******** Wall.. and worse.. to build a new floor.. just dosn´t work..

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can try to do a video this weekend to explain it. I havent' had time to do any videos recently, but may be able to take a break and create a video.

@Sellingahouse may I share your photos on UOHomeDecor?

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about some Youtube Guides? I´m still in despair for that ******** Wall.. and worse.. to build a new floor.. just dosn´t work..
Granitgolem, If you like I can go to your house and help you in game. I will send you a message of days I might be able to help you.

Kayhynn you can post any pics of my houses you want.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Nice! A lot of work! I toy with the idea of making my courtyard a "room" but I kinda like using the grass area for outside items (horses, graves, roasting pig on a spit, etc). Plus then you really have to add a floor above it or you don't get the right effect. I'll see what happens with the new castle designs if that stupid idea ever happens and maybe add some new floors then, cause I assume the new designs will suck. ;)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been looking for garden ideas and came across this. The pictures look amazing. However, visiting it "in person" blew me away. The whole house is really well done. I wish I had the time or talent to do something like this.

Do you have any other public homes that you've done @Sellingahouse ?

PS I hope you don't mind me logging out there so I can copy some parts of it on my other account.

Vesti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Excuse me for asking, but I can't find information about how to customize a castle or a keep. How is this possible ? Thanks!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me for asking, but I can't find information about how to customize a castle or a keep. How is this possible ? Thanks!
Check out THIS link and scroll down to the "Housing Craftables" portion. Through a LOT of work and creativity you can make some adjustments to your house. You cannot edit or delete any existing walls, steps, or doors. You can only add things. It requires GM carpentry and buying the book to learn masonry.

I vaguely remember reading that there could be more customization in the future. But for now, this is it.