• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My 1st Begged Turnip

H

headsplit

Its took a good while to get one, it finally happened, feel like I've won the pointless time wasting lottery.

Oh does it feel good.

Put it on a pedestal pride of place on my bottom floor.

F

Fink

Well done! :D

Whenever I see those turnips I think of Baldric from Blackadder and his wistful dream of some day owning a turnip of his own..

W

Warrior of Time

Congratulations on a job well done.

Nice to meet another person that feels the pride of getting one. Most of the people that became a beggar at Halloween could care less about a prize like that or the Sake.

H

headsplit

I also had a couple of ex UO player friends drive 10 miles to see the fabled turnip.

Not only me that appreciated its pointless yet rewarding value *grins*

Thanks everyone *Tips hat*

L

Lunaticus

Congratulations! I remember my first turnip beg fondly. Now if only I could score that ever elusive sake!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when I got my turnip. It was a Saturday evening, I was working overtime, alone at the office. To help kill time I downloaded UO onto my workstation. I would camp in heartwood begging while my edger ran lenses. I was so proud I took a screen shot and saved it, not sure where I put it though. Best overtime ever.

Congrats!

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently I've gotten really lucky.... while out training begging in preparation for Halloween (just hit GM!) I've gotten a turnip yesterday and today within a half hour. No sake yet but there are four other items I've only gotten 1 of - flower garland, a plate of cookies, a pitcher of wine and an empty bottle of wine. Are those "rare" begging drops too or do I just have bad luck with them? I have stacks of dates, shirts, bowls of stew, wedges of cheese, pitchers of liquor, pizzas and lanterns so I'm guessing those are the "semis." :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Now if only I could score that ever elusive sake!!
I have one but been trying to get another for a UO Friend at the Sonoma Forum. Every day I get the road and come back with little to show these days. I hope to score another someday.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting for the sake too. I could buy one, but I like the idea of having earned all my begging "rares" myself.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done! :D

Whenever I see those turnips I think of Baldric from Blackadder and his wistful dream of some day owning a turnip of his own..
I'm so glad to hear of another fan of that show.

Blackadder: Baldrick, I've always been meaning to ask: Do you have any ambitions in life apart from the acquisition of turnips?
Baldrick: Er, no.
Blackadder: So what would you do if I gave you a thousand pounds?
Baldrick: I'd get a little turnip of my own.
Blackadder: So what would you do if I gave you a million pounds?
Baldrick: Oh, that's different. I'd get a great big turnip in the country.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the turnip!! i have just gotten mine tonight also looking for sake and flower garland now to finish off my beggables.. if thats a word:eyes:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, and isn't an absurdly good feeling?
My last rare was the reversed flower garland, which I got getting to GM for Halloween last year.
Somehow life lost a tiny somehing when those twin goals had been completed.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fish steak is the one off for me so far. Gotten two turnip. Imbuing the garlands is always good for a sale on vendors.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I still don't know why, but as grueling as it is to raise the skill, begging is kind of fun. :)
Welcome to the fraternity of people who do enjoy begging!

And many, many congratulations on your first turnip. The pleasure is something few will understand. May you have a wonderful time getting to GM.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Begging is one of my all time favorite skills.
Along with cooking.

L

Lunaticus

Love me some begging as well. . . Still no sake, however. I must have angered the begging gods, heh.

J

Just Emma

Three turnips - no sake - and as of 8:34 p.m. this evening, Catskills has a new GM beggar. :)

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after reading this thread, I wanna raise begging... not for the turnips and sake and whatnot, just because I think I'd fit in well to this group haha.