• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

music room

F

feath

there's just something off about it, but i can't put my finger on it.
and...it seems almost boring to me.

what would you do to this room?

ugg, i'm almost ashamed to show it.

*hides her face*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yer too picky, feath ;)

about the only thing I would do is take the bookcase out... nuttin musical or even cute about those things :D now if they would fill them with book..........!!!

ps!!! love the drumset!

F

feath

well, with the bookcase, i was going to put in some 'learn stonecrafting' kind of books, to give a messy, sheet music kind of look. but i dont have any on hand right now, and i'm too lazy to run to the gargoyles city.
but i agree, the bare bookcase sucks.

A

Ashyn

there's just something off about it, but i can't put my finger on it.
and...it seems almost boring to me.

what would you do to this room?

ugg, i'm almost ashamed to show it.

*hides her face*

Take out one of the sets of drum sticks on the drum set (should only be two "drum sticks"). What are those anyway? The drum set is a very cute idea! :thumbsup:

F

feath

Take out one of the sets of drum sticks on the drum set (should only be two "drum sticks"). What are those anyway? The drum set is a very cute idea! :thumbsup:
the drumsticks are part of the drum graphic. i tried to find a bit of business to hide the second set of sticks, but couldn't find anything that would fit!
i even tried putting the 'cymbal' on the end, like the sticks were how they fit on the set, but it just wont set right.

F

feath

i tried it like this.... not sure it's an improvement, and something really needs to go where the bookcase was heh

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my music room I have a stone table with a statue of Gwenno with her harp in front of it, and a statue of Iolo with his lute in front of him... not a large enough area in yours for that, but maybe a small table with a statue of one of them on it?

~edit~ since you have the black goza on the floor, is it possible to raise one just east of the right hand drum set to cover only the sticks?

F

feath

~edit~ since you have the black goza on the floor, is it possible to raise one just east of the right hand drum set to cover only the sticks?

raising the goza did it! great! thanks...
now, for that bookcase area ;)

edit; oh i know! i'll see if i can turn the bookcase into a giant speaker, aka back to the future :D

T

Teeshy

you can get wooden staffs (staves?) that face the other direction too, off monsters I think, so that you can have all your bells hanging off the same style of wood =) Definitely looks better without the bookshelf (IMO)

Drumkit looks really cute! =D

*edits, cos you're talking about the space where the bookcase was - could you move your "keyboard" there? Possibly the space where the keyboard is now would look less obviously empty than the space where the bookcase was =)

A

Ashyn

the drumsticks are part of the drum graphic. i tried to find a bit of business to hide the second set of sticks, but couldn't find anything that would fit!
i even tried putting the 'cymbal' on the end, like the sticks were how they fit on the set, but it just wont set right.
Doh! Don't I feel like the idiot now. Yes, they are. LOL!

I still think the drum set is a very nice touch!!!

F

feath

thanks for the suggestions guys - hopefully i'll have it finished off today :)

F

feath

good 'nuff, says i, arrrrr...

music room. thanks for all the help, guys!

gotta play ;)

For those that can't tell (probably all of you) the doo-dad on the keyboard is a musical note figurine. *nods decisively*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks really cute, feath :D and that bookcase looks great all covered up!

now, I got a question.... on the floor on each side of the music stand there are white bar type thingies on the floor.... what are those?

F

feath

those are because the keyboard gets drowned out, if i use black all the way to the walls.
i was thinking of using rugs, but then it gets so busy, all the basic work gets drowned out.
i haven't tried just rugs just along the edges, cause i felt it wouldn't work at all. i could just place them and see, you never know, my interior eye could be off.
hum, another option would be to make the top of the keyboard white, and the floor black....

F

feath

now, I got a question.... on the floor on each side of the music stand there are white bar type thingies on the floor.... what are those?
ah, sorry! now i understand what you were asking! Those bars are bedrolls from the floor below, raised too high.
btw, bedrolls are now my one true love. looks like wood, merges smoothing without lines, no axeing needed to make it the right size.... *bedroll love!*

T

Teeshy

Very cool! I like it =D

And thanks for asking about the "bars" Devilsown - I'd been looking at them trying to figure it out too =P LOL!

L

Limlight

I.M.O. the room needs a standing Harp....and maybe another Tall Candleabra

F

feath

At the moment, the room looks like this;

still a bit of work to do, lots of 'dead' space to fill along the transparency walls.
New musical instruments will likely be created - i'm thinking of bongo's and trumpets, if i can figure them out.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

the black gozas makes the items look like they are floating to me ..

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like this version much better. IMO, the thing that still appears "off" are the pale blue goza mat shelves. The rest looks great to me!

-Skylark

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi feath, love the room.

I also would only change the blue gozas. I have changed alot of mine recently in response to advice from the forum. I liked the gozas but in my case they looked to bright and out of place.

Playing around with them i found a way of making them look 'deeper' and sort of like a 'display case'. In your design I would use the lute and tambourine (you have plenty of drums already and if using this type of display they would be too big).

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l338/sligachan/displaycase.jpg
The picture does not really show it at its best. The cookie tray shows as a beaded edge around the goza deed.

The display uses a goza, a matching coloured goza deed and a tray of cookies.

Just an idea, it may or may not work for you.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi feath, love the room.

I also would only change the blue gozas. I have changed alot of mine recently in response to advice from the forum. I liked the gozas but in my case they looked to bright and out of place.

Playing around with them i found a way of making them look 'deeper' and sort of like a 'display case'. In your design I would use the lute and tambourine (you have plenty of drums already and if using this type of display they would be too big).

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l338/sligachan/displaycase.jpg
The picture does not really show it at its best. The cookie tray shows as a beaded edge around the goza deed.

The display uses a goza, a matching coloured goza deed and a tray of cookies.

Just an idea, it may or may not work for you.
That looks really good! I love the border effect you got with the cookie tray.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at zynia's post in the tower's idea thread made me think maybe you could do something with clock frames to give an "edge" to your shelfs on the west side so they would be less floaty maybe?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I played around with it a lil bit

I think it's a bit less floaty this way, clock frames are on the north and west sides (they can be turned). Also the two square gozas might look nicer replaced by rectangular goza mats, place the rectangular ones right on top then hop off and on mount and chop the square ones. I'll probably reuse this shelf idea! :D