• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Museums 2008 - Anyone?

• Thread starter imported_gwen_alcestis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_gwen_alcestis

Hi everybody,

As some of you may know, Moderator of the Rares Forum Tomas-Bryce is working on a new Museum Thread.
However, he does not have enough time to visit & document a lot of museums at this time, so
we decided that I as his loyal servant will take care of the Europa section...

So, if anyone has a museum that complies with the following guidelines
(or is getting close! or not so close but still thinks their museums should be seen )
- please reply to this post, PM or ICQ me on 38970131
and i will come over for the photoshoot

Here's the rules and a link the the original post

General Museum guidelines
1) Total of 40 rare items which can be a combination of Server Births/Event items/Quest Items/High-end rubbles that are not listed in the duped items list
2) Xmas statues (angels, surfers, 3rd level names) are allowed

Rubble museum guidelines
1) A total of 50 different rubbles
2) At least 17 different high-end rubbles

Event Items & High-end Rubble List: here
Duped Items List: here

G

The Silver Steed & Mongbat is my starter museum. I'm aiming for a pet/tamer theme and will sloooowly add pieces as & when I'm able. There's even a pet memorial garden on the roof where folks can remember favourite pets.

It's situated in the Northern Forests of Trammel so there is a little spawn, though ultimately I'd like to move it to Tokuno so it's spawn-free, easily accessed by moongate and in a beautiful location.

I'm also really hoping Fugen's wonderful collection will be ready and included!

G

Aww thank you. Very kind of you to say so

I'm not so sure if I make the quota now. It's jumped up quite a bit since the last time. I'm gonna have to do some counting!

I

imported_Riply

I have actually two differant museums, one being my xmas statues rares museum, and the other is my server ups meseum plus some other odds and ends. The second museum I really need to do some more work organizing it for display etc. I"ll try and work on it this week if possible and then message when its ready. Nice to see your help with this thank you for your efforts!

G

I just want to add my appreciation to Gwen Alcestis for her time, effort & her willingness to dive straight in for the rares community.

I'm glad you're adding Great Falls, it really is one of my fave places to visit. I look forward to seeing your other museum, too, rip!

I

imported_kray2s

Hello,

I am currently laying out my museum and hope to have it open to the public in the near future
Im hoping it fits all the criteria you have listed

The museum itself is called "the Twin Towers" and is owned by R. Kray (hence the name of the museum lol) and is located next to GoldStretchers shop - Umbra Road (south Side) and not too many screens west of BWT.

Although i still have bits to put out i wouldnt mind an eye being cast over the place to 1. Tell me if it fullfils criteria to be lised and 2. If it does to be listed:)

Hope to show the place off soon
pls icq me if u wanna see it before i open up the doors to everyone - ICQ DreamWeaver on 321 787 755

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*is still decorating*
Not done yet, so my museum/home isn´t open yet *sighs*
I was nearly done, but then I felt the need to redo the house design completly, and ye..now I´m still working on the interior.

Btw, what about a mix of high end rubble, event and serverbirths? How much items do I need to have in total?

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

Also 40, can be a mix of anything.
Even though i personally don't count in Rubble. Bah.. Hate it.
Buuuut it's Tomas' rules not mine

G

Im not participating in this as i get 150 visitors per week and see little point to it. last one was less than 6 months ago. so people know what i have and dont need the advertising or kudos of being in thelist.
if Tomas wishes to contact me about visitting it then thats fine but im not gonna wait by the phone
Nico deserves recognition as her animal themed museum is nice

I

imported_Riply

Gives Lady Nico a big "HUG"
I thought you have been to my castle and saw my collection there? If not I will make it a point to show it to you!

G

I'm sure I have, rip, and remember many a long conversation there, too, though that was some years ago now. *smiles*

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

So, I've been busy this weekend and was able to send 4 Europa museum-files to Tomas

Riply's Xmas museum
Nico's Silver Steed & Mongbat museum
My own Bigerland
Lucy of Kentons Bards Retreat

I still wanna do
1. Fugens, but i fear I don't have a rune. So if anyone could hand me one or give me directions...
2. Dionysus, ICQ me when you're ready for my visit!
3. Darsus in Luna

Oh and Lucy, you may wanna keep in mind that me and Tomas actually talk to each other.
So yeah I do know that after your dramatic performance earlier this week
( I do not need the kudos of being in the list, Tomas can call me but i wont be waiting by the phone -style)
you did actually ICQ Tomas and told him you wanted your museum listed... but you didn't want ME to come over.
Well bad luck, cause I did (omg no!!)

Act your age, will you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im not participating in this as i get 150 visitors per week and see little point to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So aren't other people allowed to know about it too?

Thank you gwen for taking the time to do this. And thank you for everyone who helps make UO more unique by running museums of all sorts

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I still wanna do
3. Darsus in Luna

[/ QUOTE ]
Darsus' museum is currently set to private, due to redecorating. I am not sure if he wants to be listed at this point. Most of the items are not yet on display. I have access to his house and he definitely meets the standard already. I think it would be best to discuss this with him. Which can be hard since he isn't online (much).

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Im not participating in this as i get 150 visitors per week and see little point to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just because you're "famous", it means that the rest of Europa isn't allowed to know about it?

Thank you gwen for taking the time to do this. And thank you for everyone who helps make UO more unique by running museums of all sorts

[/ QUOTE ]
Having a museum doesn't make it compulsory to be listed in this topic with rules put up by certain people.
Don't get me wrong, I like Tomas (he's a great mod and a great pillar of the global rares community) and I like this initiative.

But if someone spends hundreds of millions on a museum, then it's his or her museum and that person can set his or her rules.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Kaj, you submitted your museum yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
To Tomas, yes.

In this topic, no.

I like the initiative, but don't feel a big urge to show off my collection

I

imported_Riply

Hi Gwen thank you for taking pics of my xmas museum. I will also have a museum of mostly server up rares in my castle, I need to get it in better order first. Perhaps we can get togather in the game for that, if not I can post you the co ordinates.
Lucy I would be happy to give you a tour or send you cordinates. It's mostly server ups that I collected back even before Europa was around, with very little if anything of the more modern rares.
BTW where is your museum I would love to see it sometime.
I think i'll place a rune to the museum on the first floor of the xmas statue museum, to the castle for anyone interested in seeing it. The house is already opened to the public and is safe and in Trammel.
Rip.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I still wanna do
1. Fugens, but i fear I don't have a rune. So if anyone could hand me one or give me directions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just ask me

Though it isn't really ready yet. The items are there as you know.. just the rest of the house isn't done. Oh wait.. all the items bar those 4 that Lady Nico brought over for me the other week. They are still in a chest or something somewhere. I'm terrible I know heh...

G

On a side note, Hemispheres museum is now open again..

..well, without any rares in. Theres like one or two things, but its accessible by anyone who wants to look around now.

G

Fire Island.. head north-west from the dungeon that is there. After a few screens you should see a giant circle rocky bit, I'm just above that

Though as I said, not really finished yet

G

I didn't say its compulsary at all. I said if other people weren't allowed to know about it too, since she said she didn't see a point to it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Starting on another member of the community are we gwen...

[/ QUOTE ]I'd say Gwen didn't exactly cast the first stone, in that...
But, no matter...

To answer to the point of it, I'd have thought it was a way to publicise the museums, so that people can see things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to see (because they're rares), and perhaps learn a little of the history of the shard and UO.
The "rules", I imagine, are in place to prevent any public house with a couple of pieces of rubble (to exaggerate a lot), from getting listed. It maintains a level of standards.
I don't fully agree with the "rules" being based of the number of items, while ignoring the spirit of the museum, but I respect why they're there.

G

well casting first stones? i cant compete on bitchiness nor will i even try as im outta here tomorrow.
the post from kaj about being famous? ive never been famous nor will ever be and that is what i meant from that.
gwen feels that she is the most important person on europa and should be recognised as such. at the moment there is one europa museum on the link and no prizes for guessing which one it is? but hey im guessing some butt munchers will suck up to her so here's your chance! flame away but understand tomas didnt invite her to do it she wanted to

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

well casting first stones? i cant compete on bitchiness nor will i even try as im outta here tomorrow.
the post from kaj about being famous? ive never been famous nor will ever be and that is what i meant from that.
gwen feels that she is the most important person on europa and should be recognised as such. at the moment there is one europa museum on the link and no prizes for guessing which one it is? but hey im guessing some butt munchers will suck up to her so here's your chance! flame away but understand tomas didnt invite her to do it she wanted to

[/ QUOTE ]
Erm, I didn't say anything about being famous.

Like it or not though, you are sorta famous
. Many people know your house and I've heard about it, long long before this topic.

I

imported_Riply

Hi for anyone intersted in seeing my castle museum I have placed a rune on the first floor of the xmas museum in Zento. Things are scattered throughout the place, and things that look normal may not really be so. It's best to curse over it to see if its a server up or not. When I first designed the castle it was not really intended to be a museum but kinda a small city of sorts with each area being kinda like its own area of crafts or buildings etc. Enjoy!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow you people on Europa are quite sensitive :p

To clarify things, museum list is made so that people who are interested in such things can visit them, regardless of their shard of origin. I know my interest in rares sparked from one such visit many years ago. I don't think there is anything wrong with showing off something that you have worked hard on and are proud of. It is a very natural human emotion. *pokes Kaj to show off a little*

Furthermore, the rules are made mostly because you often need completely arbitrary set of rules to define something. Our world is filled with such definitions. Having said that, these rules are not set in stone. The next museum to go on the list is going to be Lady Nico's (cataloged by Lady Alcestis) even though it does not meet the guidelines. I am more interested in people who are actually building a museum and don't mind listing them even if it does not meet the guidelines today. However, this is all very subjective and hence, a set of general guidelines is also given.

Finally, Lady Alcestis volunteered to help me with museums on Europa and I really appreciate it. It takes me 40 mins to couple of hours to do some of these museums. I am a busy person in real life and also in Sosaria. I already have a giant queue of museums to visit. It would be next to impossible for me to honor all the wonderful collections that exist on the many facets without the help from such volunteers. If you would like to help too feel free to contact me!

*group hugs*

Regards,

Tomas

S

SilentFoxXy

Id like to humbly submit my Mini-seum for consideration.

Located in the CoD Vendor Mall on Umbra Road, my fledgling collection includes over 50 'rares', and several complete Armor sets, and rare weapons.

Pride of place in my collection would be the Ruined Painting (Arti 12), the Ruined Bookcase, The Phoenix Legs, and the Rift Pillar from Maginca.

Please also see the 2 'vendors ' on the stairs, with complete armor sets, (Hunters garb, Darkwood, along with several Statues down the (Hidden unless Circle trans Activated) Right hand side.

Also 3 Cloth horse vendors in the back room , again clothed with full armor sets (Myrmidon,Leafweave,Death Essence, and also armed with Complete Juggernaught and Marksman sets)

Edit- Added- Full Greymist set, Full candle of Love event set, Books,Quill,tears,hearts etc. added few minor rares, Pumice etc. Tidied up a little, and added some broken items upstairs.

As I say, a very young collection, but a starting point, and rest assured, I will be adding new items every week.

Many thanks for your consideration

SilberCatT- (CaTtkins)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Id like to humbly submit my Mini-seum for consideration.

Located in the CoD Vendor Mall on Umbra Road, my fledgling collection includes over 50 'rares', and several complete Armor sets, and rare weapons.

Pride of place in my collection would be the Ruined Painting (Arti 12), the Ruined Bookcase, The Phoenix Legs, and the Rift Pillar from Maginca.

Please also see the 2 'vendors ' on the stairs, with complete armor sets, (Hunters garb, Darkwood, along with several Statues down the (Hidden unless Circle trans Activated) Right hand side.

Also 3 Cloth horse vendors in the back room , again clothed with full armor sets (Myrmidon,Leafweave,Death Essence, and also armed with Complete Juggernaught and Marksman sets)

As I say, a very young collection, but a starting point, and rest assured, I will be adding new items every week.

Many thanks for your consideration

SilberCatT- (CaTtkins)

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice! Keep up the good work Silber

T

Thiefy

Sorry for the bad quality of my picture, but i compressed it to the max., to avoid long load-times.
But on this way u have to take a look at it.... hehe

This one dont fit with the rules, but it IS a museum.

I have some Rares, some are common, but it shows items which were found or obtained in the past of UO.