• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

multi-client problem

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was something changed to the classic client to prevent multiple instances running at once? went to log onto my imbuer to smelt my bag of junk from my treasure map and nothing happened. I'm able to launch as many SA clients as my machine can handle, but only one classic will launch. Not getting any errors, not getting the message about possible errors while running more then one client. Launches the patch screen, I hit OK and away it goes.

Any clues?

T

Tazar

No change that I can see. I have had four logged in today so that folks on Atlantic can get a level-6 focus any time. I just logged in a 5th to test it.

I'd recommend Computer Tech's Trick #1: Reboot.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, tried rebooting several times. Ran a couple virus checks, spyware, etc. just in case. Not sure what happened. Is there some kind of variable that can be changed somewhere? Not sure how I would have changed anything but I'm at a bit of a loss now.
Also, not sure if it makes a difference but I run my main client using UOAssist and any others I'd launch from my 9th anniversy collection directory. I just tried to run UO without UOAssist and I get the same results, my problem is getting narrowed down. Does this help anyone with my problem I hope?

T

Tazar

Honestly, I play EC most all of the time - and I have never used UO-Assist - so I am not sure how that may affect things. Typically, when I load multiple copies of the CC, I just click on the desktop short-cut each time.

When you are loading it from the CC Directory, are you using the UOPatch.exe to load it? or the UO.exe? Might try the other and see if you get lucky... but it should work without anything special.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried both as well. I'm a tad bit frustrated to be honest. I dont really need to run multiple clients but it's to the point now where I will not let this beat me!

T

Tazar

Since CC is not really my thing, I'm out of ideas. Hopefully someone else will wander in with the answer soon.

Good Luck!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you trying to run the both with uoassit? it will only let you use one. Look at the path of your second one. Make sure it leads to a valid client starter. You might have not used it in such a long time that it may be pointing to a dead one. like *gulps* T2A? 8th Age or something. Also Run as Admin if needed. May not have set up that icon you are using to start that way.

Hope that helps. Gidge

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just launch client.exe no need to run patcher for every client. look in taskbar for the popup :)