• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MR Question

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've seen a lot on MR and med/non-med armor threads, but nothing set in stone so I was wondering....

I've got a nox/fencer/archer with a new suit coming out, and plan on having 5 pieces made with studded to get the 55lmc deal. When I made studded for my tamer to try and get the 55 lmc, I put 2 or 3 MR on each piece and regened like crap. I changed all the pieces over to Mage Armor and I was back to normal regen rates.

So the question becomes...I definitely want the 55lmc on this new suit. Will that make any MR I put on the suit pointless?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
MR is never pointless. Studded armor is "non-meddable" which blocks your int based/JOAT based baseline meditation bonus to regen rate.

Over a short fight the 55 lmc is WAY better than having MR. Over a longer fight MR becomes better. The same is true for pure mages. The extra LMC gives you a bigger/better mana dump... but then takes you longer to regen it.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
But there's a massive difference between opting out of MR on a suit or adding it...if the benefit of the MR is miniscule in comparison to what it costs to have on the suit...its not worth the points to have it on the suit. Is there a way to see what my suit would regen with and without MR on it to compare?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Please refer to the calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/meditation.php

In short: non-med armor blocks most of your passive "naked" med rate which comes from int + med skill. Having MR on the armor is a different piece of the equation.

Studded + MR > Studded w/o MR when it comes to regen rate.

Leather + 30 MR > Studded +30 MR when it comes rate, because Leather gets the baseline bonus for having >0 int.