• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MPK attempts

Y

YoungUn

Ok, so recently when I'm not doing anything else, I've taken to fishing with my friends for a rare drop that will bring us fame and fortune. Well, fortune at least, but not a heck of a lot cause there are usually 4-6 of us fishing at a time for this drop. But it's fun, and that's why I end up there so often.
The last couple of days someone has been attempting to MPK people by spawning a nm in the area. When the group is there, it's not a problem, because we can take this nm down in a couple min then back to fishing. It even drops a 60k item, so that's cool to, we could end up with a little more gil in our pockets.
However, the other day my friend was fishing there alone, and someone spawned it and it aggro'd him. He's a Galka with a ton of hp on a pld job, and it took 1200 hp from him with one spell. Had that been me, I would have died, I don't even have 1200 hp on any job.
This is for sure a mpk attempt, my question is: is this reportable to a gm or just part of fair gaming? We were debating it among ourselves in the pt and some people think it's gm'able, others think it's just part of the game.
Just to clarify, you have to take certain steps to spawn this critter without having aggro on yourself and spawn it exactly where people are fishing, so it's definitely an attempt to kill other fishers off in an attempt to run them off/get the mob we are fishing for and therefore the rare drop.

B

Banhammer

I'd report it myself. If that last part about how to get it over to the fishers is true, then it's pretty clearly an MPK attempt.

Y

YoungUn

Yeah, it's true, we pop it between fishing times for fun, but we pop it away from the fishers. Last night we just brought some of the pop item and kept it unpopable by anyone else while the suspected MPK'ers were there, worked pretty good. :thumbsup:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly they stopped the old coding that would allow for easy MPK'ing in around the end of 2006 or so. Maybe a bit later, my memory is foggy. I would bring it to the attention of developers though, since ostensibly it is not like Lineage II where any monster can be drug onto another player character.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also missed the main question, it is not fair gaming. Not as where as Final Fantasy is concerned. If it was fair, they would have never made the change in coding to not allow monsters to stop at a person that is resting and PK them. e.g. Someone causing trouble and running through with a train behind them and then a mob PK's a mage resting.