• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving to Atl

Ged

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi folks, old player here from 97 up until tram.Been loging in here and there but Sonoma is not a fraction of its former self. I ran a pvp guild with Keys and Dk called DLS oOo. Had some good friends in PAS, KD and Armand. But I miss the interaction and hear Atl is where its at. If I move, bringing my tamer Ged and maybe start a sampire? Here those are fun but expensive to gear? Any advice is welcomed and is this a smart move from sonoma to atl? Especially since I live on east coast.

Thanks!
Ged the Pale Rider

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anywhere to ATL is probably a smart move. I just came back to ATL from my home shard Great Lakes (I had moved a few years ago but ended up going back home). Depending on your lifestyle and what you're used to, yes a lot can be more expensive or way more expensive. Like all shards, there are good and bad people, so obviously be careful..

You can find me just outside of Vesper if ya need any help, or my ICQ is below in my signature. Hollar if you need help or anything.

Welcome to Atlantic!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Howdy and welcome.

Atlantic is most populated shard and you should be able to find folks to help. Get in with a good guild and they will help you get started up with gear, answer questions, and take you on hunts where you won't be left for dead.

If just returning to the game, I would maybe suggest a caster or an archer before going for sampire. I can help you get suited up and answer any template questions you might have. Feel free to shoot me a PM or ICQ message.

Good luck!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks, old player here from 97 up until tram.Been loging in here and there but Sonoma is not a fraction of its former self. I ran a pvp guild with Keys and Dk called DLS oOo. Had some good friends in PAS, KD and Armand. But I miss the interaction and hear Atl is where its at. If I move, bringing my tamer Ged and maybe start a sampire? Here those are fun but expensive to gear? Any advice is welcomed and is this a smart move from sonoma to atl? Especially since I live on east coast.

Thanks!
Ged the Pale Rider
Not too much. A basic studded suit is pretty much all you need to get started, plus weaps. LMC, some Stam Inc, Mana Inc, etc. Weaps, you want 100% element with a Slayer property. For killing a large # of monsters, you'll want something like a Radiant Scimitar for Whirlwind (My sampire's weap skill is Swords, but you can also use Macing. I don't think Fencing Sampires are too common.) For killing stuff with high HP, like a Champion/Peerless, you'll want a weap with Armor Ignore - Katana, Bladed Staff, War Axe.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I made my start on Sonoma and still venture on the shard as well. It is not even close to what its once former glory was... I play both Sonoma and Atl and will confirm that you are making the right choice moving over to Atlantic. As a new/returning player you are going to find Atlantic has a far larger active player base and it will be a better transition for you (also being your located on the east!)\

You may even bump into a few old familiar names on Atlantic.

Welcome back!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to the UO community! :)

Atlantic is the most populated shard by far, so like the others said it would be a great idea to move from Sonoma to Atlantic.

Ged

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks guys! now if only I could find and 18x18 thats not going to break the bank! My wife wants to decorate it when and if I get one and might be a good chance to get her to play as well

Ged

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If anyone has time, go check out the lighthouse I set up on fire temple isle. Its in the north west corner by those black mountains. Havent finished the decor yet, but let me know what you guys think so far. I may try and get some in game events started there.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to Atlantic, Ged. I knew both King David and Armand, both sadly have left UO. There are still lots of good people on Sonoma but it is a quiet shard. Atlantic has a lot bigger population and many great people here as well.

Ged

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well met Lady Lavendar! As an update, I have a new place called Rosewood Keep south of destard past the swamp in a small cove, go check it out folks!

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehehe... checked out ya house... it's awesome... if you go east from your place to the mountain, that house is one of mine.... if you have a miner, it's open to the public with a forge inside for smelting. Mine along the mountain side and come to "Nehi's Place". Welcome to the neighborhood!!!!

Oh... also a soul forge on the roof...