• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving Dilemma

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure this data is in the boards, but I couldn't find it easily so I was hoping you could all give me some advice.

Yesterday I was offered a larger house (16x18) in a better location than my current (15x16). I accepted the offer and now am in the process of moving from House A (15x16) to House B (16x18). Both houses are on the same account and same shard. I do not have an additional account to make this easier.

Unfortunately, I'm a little gold depleted at the moment. I need to pull House A down to a simple plot to get the gold back to build on House B's plot. What's the best way to handle my possessions during this process?

I can stuff every bank box I have, but it will not hold everything. I have enough funds to build the bottom floor of my new House (B). Can I build that floor, move everything in, and then customize the rest of the house with the floors above? My understanding of the moving crate is that it does not help with house transfers, but it does provide a means to stash stuff while you are upgrading.

Anyway, what do you recommend? I have about a week to complete my actions as I made the transaction last night. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

O

O'berry

You can lock everything down on the plot and start building, you do not have to build the first floor.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Really? It is that easy? I guess I was expecting a problem with locking down chests full of items on the plot then constructing afterwards.

How does building walls and floors impact lockdowns & secures directly on the plot? Do they just go up under and around them as you construct?

-OBSIDIAN-

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IT depends. Sometimes they will stay where they are, but if you builda wall on top of them, they'll go into the moving crate. You can then pull em out when you're done.

T

Teeshy

I often deliberately build walls over every chest once I am moved in - just cos I find it easier to move things out of the moving crate one by one, rather than the jumbled mess I inevitably leave them in ;)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks all for your help. I guess I'm spending tonight moving!

-OBSIDIAN-