• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moved to Austin

N

Notadevil9

Is the shard actually around here physically? will it help my connection?

S

SLACK

Not any more. I used to live in austin when it was actually there in the Origin days but now it's in California.
I'm in Texas too and I still get pretty good connection speed.
Welcome to LA!
Come for teh people, stay for the abundant housing! :gee:

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not any more. I used to live in austin when it was actually there in the Origin days but now it's in California.
I'm in Texas too and I still get pretty good connection speed.
Welcome to LA!
Come for teh people, stay for the abundant housing! :gee:
Good to know Slack. I figured it was of course in the Lake Austin area. Silly me to think logic might provide the answer.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely you will have about the same ping to west coast servers, LA included, as you will to the east coast ones, or at least I do here in Oklahoma.

I

Ironrose Dartmore

I get a pretty good connection used to live in texas but still get a good one in OK too

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, it was never in TX. I've talked to the devs about that, and they say it was in California from day one.

The Central server (what used to be GL, LS, etc.) was also rumored to have been there, but it was actually in Chicago or St. Louis IIRC, and they merged the Central servers with the East coast Server Farm a year before LA opened.

S

SLACK

I stand corrected, I thought it was in Austin when Sunsword Ferbert and those guys around.
In any case I've always gotten pretty good ping here......
Actually, it was never in TX. I've talked to the devs about that, and they say it was in California from day one.

The Central server (what used to be GL, LS, etc.) was also rumored to have been there, but it was actually in Chicago or St. Louis IIRC, and they merged the Central servers with the East coast Server Farm a year before LA opened.