• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mouse buttons trigger on press and release in EC.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I just started playing UO again today after not playing since before ML. As such, I'm trying to get used to the Enhanced Client and running into a problem with mouse buttons. If I set a slot on my hotbar to use MB4 or MB5 it will activate the hotkey both on button press AND button release. So my healing macros are triggering twice immediately. Is there anyway to stop this, or am I just not going to be able to bind anything to my mouse buttons?

(Note: I wanted to post this in the EC forum, but I don't have post privileges there. Probably because this is a new account.)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I save mouse button 4 for Vent push to talk... mouse button 5 is inactive as I got tired of accidentally hitting the back on websites.

Many use the scroll wheel to activate target next and target self... so I've never noticed it repeating actions... Perhaps that's a setting on your mouse?

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess I save mouse button 4 for Vent push to talk... mouse button 5 is inactive as I got tired of accidentally hitting the back on websites.

Many use the scroll wheel to activate target next and target self... so I've never noticed it repeating actions... Perhaps that's a setting on your mouse?
I use the scroll wheel for targeting as well, and that works fine. It's just the extra mouse buttons that act weird. And no, it's not the mouse itself. I play on both a laptop and a desktop with two different mice, and they both do the same thing in UOEC. It definitely seems like the EC is checking for any mouse button activity, instead of only checking for when the mouse button is pressed. Not sure why they would code the mouse differently than the keyboard though.