• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mounts

E

Eldorian

Is it possible to get a different mount for my character?

For example, can my dwarf be able to get a white kitty to ride around on?

I remember reading way back when the game was released you might be able to do this if you get exhaulted with a faction, but I've never seen anyone accomplish this.

G

yup once you hit exaulted with a city faction you can buy their mounts only exception is only gnomes can ride mechstriders. but gnomes can ride any other one of the city mounts. Exaulted is a tough grind but since they've upped rep it may be a bit easier.

G

It's definately possible. I've seen several dwarves with human mounts, several humans with elfy mounts. It takes time but if you can do it, it makes for having a nifty different pet worth it.

G

A little off-thread, but cute.

My daughter also plays. She has a Night Elf Hunter and rides a white kitty. She did the Christmas thing which turned her into Gnome with the red hat and red diapers. When she got onto her kitty, she commented: "Hey! My feet don't reach the pedals."

B

Bo Riddler

So for arguements sake.

If I had a Human Female Rogue, and I wanted to have her ride a Nightelf Kitty, all I would have to do is go questing in Darkshore/Ashenvale and kill mobs until she is Exaulted?

Bo

G

Wait a minute . . . simply killing mobs in Darkshore/Ashenvale will increase standing with the faction?

I don't think so. My characters generally go through a ton of tigers for the paws and a ton of bears for the pelts, and I haven't noticed any increase in reputation because of it. On the other hand, I haven't done so since the apparent reputation tweak.

Can anyone else confirm or deny (I won't be able to do so until the weekend).

[edited in . . .] I just read the news post about this. I guess we'll have to wait to see if it's a bug or not.

G

I think in another newspost they said yes, its a glitch and there are supposed to be diminishing returns....*chuckle* sooo we'll see how quick it gets fixed

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have the 150 Riding Skill you can pick up the PvP mounts very, very easily. With the current PvP system you have so many more marks than honor to spend it's fairly easy to get the Black War Ram, Black Horse, and Black Cat to ride. Faction rep has nothing to do with them, and it's INFINITELY easier to get them than to spend time griding faction with a city.

Remember though...gotta have the 150 riding skill to do it.

B

Bo Riddler

I think that is the skill you have to train up to once you hit 60th and want to ride an Epic mount.

Bo

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think that is the skill you have to train up to once you hit 60th and want to ride an Epic mount.

Bo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, at level 40 you buy the 75 riding skill, and the mount, and at lvl 60 you can go train/buy 150 riding skill which is for the epic mount. Once you've got that, you can ride the PvP mounts.

E

Eldorian

ahhh... I have yet to have a level 60 character is why I ddin't know that.

Playing since launch you'd think I'd hit 60 by now

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, the ouch you are about to feel is going to be the cost to get the riding skill of 150.

After they changed it so the skill was expensive and the mount was not, I do believe it'll set you back 500g-750g if I remember the right ballpark. Of course once you have that, then the PvP mounts become the easiest way to get a variety of mounts.

Otherwise.....hehe, not even sure what I'd say.

E

Eldorian

Does anyone know of any addons out there that will show you old quests that you haven't done yet?

For example when I run around in the newbie lands with my high level character I'd like to see which quest givers have quests I haven't done. Since the only way I know how is just randomly click on everyone and see.

B

Bo Riddler

That would be handy. I could do it from Memory in Westfall/Elwynn and even over in the Anvilmar area, but the Elf lands are foreign to me. I still haven't raised a NE above about 12th level.

I checked curse gaming's site and searched under the catagory of Quests and did not see anything that did what you asked for. But if you want to peek at them, simply load it up and highlite without clicking each addon and a description box will pop up detailing what it does.

Peek here.... Peeeky Peeky

Bo

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

yup once you hit exaulted with a city faction you can buy their mounts only exception is only gnomes can ride mechstriders. but gnomes can ride any other one of the city mounts. Exaulted is a tough grind but since they've upped rep it may be a bit easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, a little inaccurate.

Dwarves can ride Mechanostriders as well as gnomes.

My PvP group alternates, some nights we'll do all tigers, but the best is when we send dwarves and gnomes on the black mechanostriders and the other races on cats. We "elite" races like the gnome mounts.