• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mount Rushmore(esque) challenge. - Alternative decided upon - Opinions please.

K

kray2s

Originally i was doing or attempting this : -

**I have set my self a new challenge of creating an area on my top floor that will look like the side of a mountain. Easy enough you might think hehehehe, well.......... i can easily figure out how to do the mountain side with rocks and granite etc but i would like to make it look like faces have been carved into it such as the famous USA mount Rushmore.

I have been using what i have had to hand (WILL grab pics as soon as i can), basically use those rubble rocks from the "new" rubble thread quest thing with bust's. However it just doesnt look right.#

Has anyone done anything simular before or could anyone think of items that might work better?

I know i ask a lot of daft questions but i want thishouse to look right and i know the people that rside upon this forums have a vaster knowledge than i when it comes to items and tricks for deco.

**edit to include the following**

After trying and trying i decided to alter my main deco piece for garden slightly and ended up with a piece of deco I believe is much better and more impressive (please see replies number 3 and 4 to this thread for pics and explaination). All opinions and so on greatly recieved:)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gee, kray, is that all?! :D

was just out fishing..... you got a fisherman? maybe you could use the pillows you fish up, they're about the same color as stone before they're dyed

K

kray2s

After much thought and consideration and a few curse words of supreme choice,i have conceeded defeat!!!!!

However, I have, with the help of a guildmate (Heimlich of Clan Uk), come up with something thats a tad simpler but much much much more effective just puttinga few touches to it then there be a piccy lol

K

kray2s

Heres a pic of what i went for:)

all opinions etc very welcomed. I feel it still needs a splash of another colour but i await replies eagerly:)

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey what you have looks great....

But, back to your original idea.. did you consider the face from one of the Easter island statues or the flaming head deed, would they work in a mountain side??

K

kray2s

the easter face prob would being as the thickness is simular to that or a rock (never really kept an aquarium so i gonna have to go search for one to play with. im not sure about head deeds, i guess they can be placed next to other things except walls so yes should work hehehehe..
I quite like the idea of walking past and from inside the littlemountain crevais a shot of flame roars toward you:p

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

all opinions etc very welcomed. I feel it still needs a splash of another colour but i await replies eagerly:)

I like how that came out! And it makes more sense in it's area than a random mountainside. :p

You could try putting some flowers on top of the shorter hedges for a bit of color. You could also pick up the four short hedges, plop some west facing vines down then replace the hedges, if you want a little more green in the area.

K

kray2s

I reckon your right about how it makes sense in the area it is in! A random mountainside may have been a tad over the top! hahaha

I just reckon in my haste to try and make this "special" (for want of a better word) i am going overboard and over the top in what i think is achievable considering the obvious restrictions that exisist in decoing a virtual home lol.

I reckon, at least to me, simplicity has to be key, from now on at least! lol! (at least because you haven't seen what i have done to the other rooms yet) hahahaha

However, the way it is progressing i think i am only left with 3 or 4 rooms to completely kit out and then a few tweaks and accent colours and a little fine tuning and all should be good:p

really do apprieciate the help:p

F

Flora Green

Using Sarsmi's suggestion for flowers on the hedges, the new poppies and snowdrops look nice on them. Gives some color, but still allows the shape and green of the hedge to show. Your design is very pretty. :)

L

Lord Drakelord

I like it, may borrow that for a statue we have.

K

kray2s

It certainly has provided a nice focal point for the garden:)

really chuffed its getting good reviews lol hahahaha
maybe one day i can become a fully fledge UO decoer yay!!!!!