• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Most of us* would like a lot more Stable Slots...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain where the balance issue is? I asked this a long time ago but no one has answered it, so I'll ask it to you since you're the one looking for 'balance'. Please explain to me how a tamer is going to become overpowered (unbalanced) 2 weeks from now when the expansion comes out and everyone gets 2 more stable slots. How exactly (in specifics) is this going to make the tamer any different than he is today as far as gameplay goes?
Balance is often associated with a negative aspect of a template. When you give tamers the opportunity to have a large amount of animals and not a regular template, what negative aspect is there?

And a final question for you - you say you have a tamer? Do you only play with a greater dragon?
No, I have 2x GD, Mare, CU, Beetle. I think I have one more but I dont recall off the top of my head.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell me what difference 3 would make to the already alloted 2?
This difference is called salami tactics.At least in germany.Whats the difference from 3 to 4,or 4 to 5.Very well liked in politics all over the world.
2 is fine for everybody now.Im sure they will look into this later .Im also sure the dev team will never be able to fix and improve everything fixable and improvable in uo. They will always be low on resources.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh!, GM Animal lore and a few other GM skills nothing associated with Taming. Do i have this chracter right?

It all makes sense now. Is this a pvp tamer too? Cause that would explain this statement.
Since when isn't taming, lore, magery, vet not associated with taming?
I do not pvp with this char. I was simply to lazy to work 120 naturally which is fine because i have the jewls to make up the difference.

(The site only shows 3 skills)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balance is often associated with a negative aspect of a template. When you give tamers the opportunity to have a large amount of animals and not a regular template, what negative aspect is there?
What positive aspect is there?

Again I ask, explain to me in numbers and examples, how a tamer today will be unbalanced in two weeks with two more stable slots?

The problem here is that you're equating the skill and gameplay with storage - and the two are exclusive of each other. This arguement is about storage only - how good or how unbalanced a tamer is or would become is gameplay issues. Storage affects that in NO way.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Originally Posted by Berethrain
For the same reason we put a limit on everything else.
Also known as balance. I've explained this before feel free to go back and read. I look forward to your next you have no argument against this post.
Balance? So please explain to us all how giving us 3 extra slots instead of 2 causes any balance issues whatsoever or impacts anyones gameplay in a negative way.
All of his other posts mean nothing when it comes to balance in the game, because as long as we were willing to spend money then that would be the balance. He doesn't care if the playing field is unblanced just as long as we pay money for it. That is his idea on balancing the game. MONEY

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What positive aspect is there?
Having an animal with more skills, while using other fighting templates, along with ninja or stealth etc etc. Again what negative aspect is there when you can do everything a regular template can with better results?

Y

Yalp

so every conversation about tamers dissolves into "Tamers + Greaters= Overpowered.. NERF NERF NERF!"?? :violin:

What do you get when 2 pvp tamers w/ GD meat, errr.. meet in fel?

{fill in your punchline here}

W

Wolfways

You do switching from macing, swords, fencing etc. However the increase in skills from a pet should take more time. Especially with a greater dragon.
lol so now you compare changing pets to changing skills, not just changing weapons?
Come on, i'm sure you can do better than that. Or have you ran out of excuses?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol so now you compare changing pets to changing skills, not just changing weapons?
Come on, i'm sure you can do better than that. Or have you ran out of excuses?
I can repeat myself all day. It doesn't matter either way, tamers can use the same weapons. Feel free to go back and read so I don't need to bother repeating myself.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having an animal with more skills,
which will happen regardless of the number of STABLE slots available to a tamer. If there is a better animal out there and a person only has a small number of slots, they aren't going to go "oh I already have this greater dragon, I shall stick with it". They are going to release it and go for the better one. Your arguement in that regards is not valid.

while using other fighting templates, along with ninja or stealth etc etc. Again what negative aspect is there when you can do everything a regular template can with better results?
this is a gameplay issue - your beef in this case is that tamers have a special skill *and* can play other templates as well. Again has no relevance on number of slots in their STABLE. Your arguement isn't valid.

I'll ask a third time. Please give me specifics on how a tamer today is going to be unbalanced in two weeks when they have 2 more slots available to them. You've yet to answer that (why? because you can't)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kitty,

Focus on them actually having a negative aspect. Then you will understand everything, if not then it won't matter because you're not going to.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll ask a third time. Please give me specifics on how a tamer today is going to be unbalanced in two weeks when they have 2 more slots available to them. You've yet to answer that (why? because you can't)
I'm referring to them giving more than 2 slots and have been this whole time.
Sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 slots are no different than 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 - they are all giving the tamer more STORAGE only.

my point is you can not prove an unbalance to them with the new addition of 2 slots, and likewise there will be no unbalance with more.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll ask a third time. Please give me specifics on how a tamer today is going to be unbalanced in two weeks when they have 3 more slots available to them. You've yet to answer that (why? because you can't)
Ive changed the 2 to a 3. Now explain how a tamer today is going to be unbalanced in two weeks when they have 3 more slots available to them?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only negative aspect for a tamer is the limited pet space. Giving them a large amount of pet slots eliminates that.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive changed the 2 to a 3. Now explain how a tamer today is going to be unbalanced in two weeks when they have 3 more slots available to them?
Where would you draw the line? If any?

L

Lord Drakelord

two more slots :) hell I am happy that we got those two teeth! Now a question, are Gargoyles able to fly and control a greater dragon? I sure hope NOT. If so then they really need to look at the control slots on all pets and make some adjustments.

U

UOKaiser

Im for 125 stable slots or 500 or tie them in with your housing lock downs "requires alot more coding" r make them into statues,Cause in reality the only thing it will effect is people who use stables and of course for the better no downside whatsoever. If someone never owened more than one animal or always limit them selves to gd,dreadhorse,beetle,and one other then they wont notice a difference,Everyone else will be happy.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only negative aspect for a tamer is the limited pet space. Giving them a large amount of pet slots eliminates that.
Let's talk about negative aspects for a tamer... A dexxer can go whack at a golem and get 120 skills in a day or two where as it takes a tamer more like 8 months of dedicated training or longer to get to 120 taming. A tamer requires atleast 3 skills to be effective... Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Veterinary. A dexxer can be effective with just a weapon skill. Berethrain I think you need to build a tamer and completely delete all your other character to understand what us tamers are talking about. By the way I am not a PvP tamer so I have only taming skills and magery for use in PvM. I don't always have a greater dragon in tow.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's talk about negative aspects for a tamer... A dexxer can go whack at a golem and get 120 skills in a day or two where as it takes a tamer more like 8 months of dedicated training or longer to get to 120 taming. A tamer requires atleast 3 skills to be effective... Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Veterinary. A dexxer can be effective with just a weapon skill. Berethrain I think you need to build a tamer and completely delete all your other character to understand what us tamers are talking about. By the way I am not a PvP tamer so I have only taming skills and magery for use in PvM. I don't always have a greater dragon in tow.
I have a tamer. :next:

E

ElRay

the lack of stable slots has no reasoning behind it.
There IS reasoning behind it....the devs want you to make another character with taming, so that you will have to pay them more monies!

Get with the times man, geez

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where would you draw the line? If any?
Well, I would certainly draw a line, solely because if you didnt then people would store hundreds and hundreds of pets (believe me, many would), much in the same way people stock their houses to the brim with stuff no matter how much storage they get. If there was NO limit (this applies to both housing storage and pets) then it could get messy (server limits? not sure on that or what the impacts would be).

I'd give 6 (total) to everyone and give tamers up to another dozen based on skills. Many people in this game just like having pets, for many reasons such as collecting colour types, hunting with packs (which is great fun but many tamers dont do it becasuse of stable limits), for training and selling. I dont see how giving this many would have a bad impact on anyone at all.

Pwople are always wanting more storage space for the simple reason they like to gather, collect and keep things. Tamers are no different with their pets. No tamer wants more stable slots because it will make them more powerful.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dexxer can be effective with just a weapon skill.?
lol, maybe before AoS but after if you just got a weapon skill then you are called a crafter.:D

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
translation: a tamer MUST be nerfed, they are too overpowered

How about instead of trying to hit them in a place that has no bearing on the skill, you actually consider what really makes them overpowered and rally against that? GD's too strong? Make a topic about that. Ability to be multi-talented? Make a topic about that. But don't rally to nerf them in any way possible to fufill your sense that they are unbalanced. That is like giving a patient pills to ease the pain rather than correcting what causes the pain in the first place. It may work in the short term, but in the end the ill is still there and still causing problems.

Stable slots has no bearing on skill and gameplay.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I would certainly draw a line, solely because if you didnt then people would store hundreds and hundreds of pets (believe me, many would), much in the same way people stock their houses to the brim with stuff no matter how much storage they get.
Now you can understand putting the set limit to the +2. When you give people and inch, they take a yard.

translation: a tamer MUST be nerfed, they are too overpowered
Correct translation is they do not need more than +2. And you cannot argue it any way because you have no argument.

A

Aboo

Re: We would like a lot more Stable Slots...

I'm happy they're giving a blanket 2 to everyone with the expansion.
My tamers will be able to have a couple more beasties, and my resource gatherers will be able to have additional pack animals.

I'm happy that they chose to award any at all, because they could have quite easily not...
I am too! However, I haven't been able to read the boards much lately so I have a couple of questions.

Have they told us that we will definitely get 2 extra slots?

Is it only for those who buy the expansion?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am too! However, I haven't been able to read the boards much lately so I have a couple of questions.

Have they told us that we will definitely get 2 extra slots?

Is it only for those who buy the expansion?
It was in a house of commons chat that everyone who bought the expansion would get 2 more slots per character

W

Wolfways

I can repeat myself all day. It doesn't matter either way, tamers can use the same weapons. Feel free to go back and read so I don't need to bother repeating myself.
lol you have to keep repeating yourself because nothing you say has any bearing on giving tamers extra stable slots.
If people wanted more follower slots then i'd be against that, and i'm sure you would too...unless you're the kind of "tamer" that only wants the toughest pet ingame.

In the end giving tamers 2 or 200 stable slots make no difference to how you or anyone else, including the tamers, plays.

Oh almost forgot. Yes tamers can use the same weapons as warriors, but rarely do. Guess why. Because after the taming skills there isn't enough points to make a decent warrior. Tamers pets are their weapons!

A

Aboo

It was in a house of commons chat that everyone who bought the expansion would get 2 more slots per character
Thank you very much for the response!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not getting it?

What difference is 2 slots in the stable making?

What is going to be nice is that for the first time since ML my one character will FINALLY have her team of Swampdragons back that she lost when someone kindly gave her a pair of ferrets. That I am extremely happy about...

What makes me sad is... we've asked for more slots as tamers since AoS... With each new expansion has come a myriad of new tamables and Zero new slots.

So while I had a tamer for many years now I've had to "let go" some "friends" whom have served me well for years simply because there is no "room" at the "Inn" so to speak with the stable.

Had I not done so I'd not have a Hiryu, I wouldn't have a CuSidhe, I wouldn't have a reptalon (though I know not why anyone would want one they have been nerfed beyond any usefulness) and of course no tamer would have a GD or a Dread...

Now the argument about the greater is silly in my opinion and has ZERO bearing on Stable Slots. That's like me saying take away Bows! Because everytime I get killed it's by an archer boo hoo!...

Should something be done about Greaters and PvP? That's not what this is about it's about stable slots... Cry about how unfair the Greater is somewhere else.

I was seriously hoping they would increase everyone to 5 slots for all "non" tamers and then give tamers the following Formula

5 slots until you reach 80 skill.

1 slot per each skill taming, Lore and Vet that reaches 80. So at 80 skill all a tamer would have 8 slots....

Add 1 more slot per skill that reaches GM... so GM all Tamer has 11 slots.

1 slot per each 5 points skill after that.

So at 105 all you have 14,
at 110 all you 17
at 115 all you have 20
and at 120 all you have 23 slots.

I have a great number of accounts and I have about 6 tamers... everyone of them is different has different skills and different pets.

Though all of them are FULL on the stable slots.

I could care less about a chicken coop... I'm sorry but chickens hold Zero interest to me... Chicken Lizards don't either. So having a chicken coop is going to bonus me in what way? Do I care if anyone else can have one no... doesn't bother me in the least.

I have dozens of "fighter" type characters... Heck I have an entire house max lockdowns filled with nothing BUT weapons, every type macing, archer, fencing, and swords, but I also keep all those old Vanq, Silver and other weapons from way back when...

I keep all my pets from way back when... That 7X WW that I've had for years is a good old friend... So is that mare I've had since the first day I could get one.

You know with the neon rabbit I spent hours and hours and hours trying for one... I kept a few of the other colors... good thing too because well.... do you see any purple bunnies?

Some of the Hiryu I have aren't that great stat wise but they sure are neat. CuSidhe's come in some awesome colors. I spent ages getting ones that were color coded to my tamers, gold one for my tamer who wears gold/bronze/copper... blue for my blue tamer, red for my red tamer, black for the Drow tamer.

My Drow tamer has a few spiders in her stable... I'm excited about getting a nice pair of Wolf Spiders for her. Still wish I could have a pair of Dread spiders that would be the ultimate...

I have a tamer with a set of Frienzieds... that is fun but don't leave much room for anything else really.

Pack of hell hounds... would be neat but don't have the room.

That Skree looks like fun... don't have room for one.

So we are at yet another expansion and there are several more "tamables" and only 2 slots... so again left with the decision of what to keep and what to let go.

Lets not even talk about the new "craftable" pets... Probably not going to be experimenting much with them either.... where would I put them?

Now don't get me wrong I'm EXTREMELY happy to get the 2 extra slots... I just don't think they are going to go far... and while they are MOST welcome... I don't feel they are enough.

I really would have liked to have seen 5 for everyone .... at the very least adding 3 slots everywhere.... though I would have liked say 6 more slots as a tamer.

I have almost unlimited storage when it comes to bows, swords, and maces.... but when it comes to pets... there is a huge limit.

And I had at one time thought it would be nice to have 6 control slots... I don't think that is a good idea and I'm quite satisfied with the number of control slots there are...

I don't see any problem with adding stable slots. It's not like I can take more pets out at a time...

Heck my archer carries around with him one of almost every kind of bow.. plus a demon slayer at ALL times. When he's going on a mission he may carry more than that...

My macer carries more maces than just 5 and both of them can switch out a weapon faster than you can bat an eye...

If I want to switch out my pet I have to go to the stable.... so it's not like in mid battle I'm going to go... Oh crum... this pet isn't cutting it.... and switch to a beetle/bake or something. Nope I'm pretty much stuck there with what I have until I can go back to the stables.

W

Wolfways

In the end your question is Why not? Mine is why should we?
So you're against any "class" getting something that improves the players enjoyment of the game without imbalancing anything, or just tamers?

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end your question is Why not? Mine is why should we?
So you're against any "class" getting something that improves the players enjoyment of the game without imbalancing anything, or just tamers?
I think Berethrain's whole purpose in this conversation is to increase their post count and to troll everyone else that is having a meaningful conversation.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly do not know how to reply to this post....just....wow. Please tell me you don't think you can take a "fighter" with just a weapon skill,without any support skills(max 120 skill points) and begin to fight any spawn above a greater mongbat.Unless you can insta-kill what you target with one hit,otherwise,your dead.

In PvM all you need is the three tamer skills to hunt most anything(all other support skills are just to get you back and forth from the battle field). One macro for "all kill" and another macro for "bandage last target" and you are all set.

*Edit* Tamer: 360 points = uberness.... All other templates: 700-720 points mediocre/good

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets review:

Carebears: "We want more slots"

ME: "I want 100B gold"

Carebears: "That doesn't having anything to do with it."

Carebears: "You can use any weapon"

ME: "So can you"

Carebears: "That doesn't have anything to do with it."

Carebears: "Your tamer isn't finished, delete your characters."

"lol?"

Carebears: "it won't affect you"

ME: "giving me 100B gold shouldn't affect you"

Carebears:"that doesn't have anything to do with it."

Carebears: "You have no argument"

ME: "Neither do you"

ME:"there will be no negative aspects to have a tamer"

Carebears:"OMG YOU SAID NERF"

Carebears:"HE ONLY WANTS MONEY"

ME: "......"

SO, did I leave anything out?

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This thread amuses me, but I didn't get past Page 3 mind.

I basically only ever use one character, all the time, and he's not a Tamer per say. For a shortwhile he carried 30 Taming & 30 Lore (6 Elder's, had spare points for something random), and still clings onto some points.

The amount of times I have to decide over a Beetle, Blue Ostard and a Mongbat (For my entertainment), or even a pet Eagle on occasions, is annoying. I'd like to see a couple more storage slots for RP/General Fun Factor purposes, why the constraint I say.

After reading some good views at the start of the thread, I realise I have no qualms with the true Tamers having stacks more space, they are welcome to it... it must drive THEM up the wall only having a G.Dragon and a Beetle tamed at any time, or a Nightmare and Hiryu... they have it bad, I think.

I dunno if it would lead to flooding of Events with the same pets, since everyone can pick from their whole range of Trained Pets for the occasion to be the most effective. For example, if whatever reason an Event called for Dragons (based on the monsters we'll confront) to be most effective, EVERYONE would show up with them... would kinda suck :/ But it's hypothetical anyway.

That's my opinions and thoughts.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
think Berethrain's whole purpose in this conversation is to increase their post count and to troll everyone else that is having a meaningful conversation.
And to think, only 2 more hours of work to go.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kitty,

Focus on them actually having a negative aspect. Then you will understand everything, if not then it won't matter because you're not going to.
Kitty and all, you may want to consider the *cough* logic being used here.

He is saying, "If you listened to me, you would understand me, if you understood me you would agree with me. You do not agree with me there fore you do not understand me, there fore you are not listening to me, otherwise if you listened to me ....." :D