• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Most of us* would like a lot more Stable Slots...

T

The Fallout

I know the devs said we all get 2 more stable slots, but honestly (call me whiny bratty idc) most of us tamers need more then two extra stable slots.

I would gladly give up some bank or house storage to do so. Most of us should get like ten extra stable slots and then most of us would have to sacrifice some storage space (if server storage is an actual problem) The plus 2 slots should be for non-tamers, most tamers need more like ten more slots.

D

DVDA

Re: We would like a lot more Stable Slots...

Actually you may be onto something....

What if each pet stabled on a home hitching post took up 125 spots (1 secure container)

V

Vyal

WE do not want more slots.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why would you need more? your a Tamer not a cattle breeder. Choose the pets you want and be happy. Keep moaning and they will realise how overpowered you lot really are and it may go the other way.

T

The Fallout

Why would you need more? your a Tamer not a cattle breeder. Choose the pets you want and be happy. Keep moaning and they will realise how overpowered you lot really are and it may go the other way.
You a swordsman? Pick 16 swords and you can have no more. Archer? 16 Bows. Mage? 16 Spells.

Catch my drift?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You a swordsman? Pick 16 swords and you can have no more. Archer? 16 Bows. Mage? 16 Spells.

Catch my drift?
All 16 weapons combined wouldn't be equal to one greater dragon. And you could have 16 of them.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Catch my drift?

Greater Dragon........oh right you dont need anything else...... :p

D

DVDA

Catch my drift?
All 16 weapons combined wouldn't be equal to one greater dragon. And you could have 16 of them.
No Touche...Miss!

He ment you are able to store unless amount of swords but only use one at a time...Same goes for Pets, you are only able to use 1 or 2 at a time but you have a limit on the # you can store

T

The Fallout

No, I can use one G. Dragon at a time. Just like a swordsman can only use one sword....

Besides, I agree the G. dragon is overpowered, but that has nothing to do with stable slots.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't even think I have 16 hand weapons that I use... let's see:

Dragon Nunchaku
Wrath of the Dryad
Exiler
Wind's Edge
and 2 or 3 runic Slayers.

What do I win for thriftiness?

T

The Fallout

Greater Dragon........oh right you dont need anything else...... :p
Yes, I have a G. Dragon but I rarely use it. I prefer my Bake kitsune White Wyrm combo, or my hiryu, or my 2 fire steeds.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

reduce the number of stable slots. I have too many slots even when im in stat.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Catch my drift?
I totally agree with this. I have a Legendary Tamer mage. But I also have a dexxer and an archer and a necro mage. Even if my other characters are limited to a certain number or weapons they can own or a certain number of spells I think it would be a good trade off. Give Tamers more than just two extra slots like everyone else.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here's an idea for you if you want more stable slots.
New skill, Stable master = more slots but uses skill points.

oh and whats to stop a tamer using any weapon or having magery.....oh wait you have both aswell allready........

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But Tamers can not have 16 Greater Dragons out at the same time but dexxers can have all 16 weapons in their pack.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats bothering me is the tamers that were complaining about it endlessly are getting more slots exactly as they wanted, but a few are still complaining because it "isn't enough".

But Tamers can not have 16 Greater Dragons out at the same time but dexxers can have all 16 weapons in their pack.
And one in their hand at a time. I want to be able to say "and you could carry 16 pet balls if you wanted", but I know those only work one way so you wouldn't be able to switch out dragons.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Show me the single weapon that does what a greater dragon does by itself.

Show me the melee weapon that:

1. takes all the damage instead of the wielder
2. firebreathes, casts spells, AND melees all at once

Sorry, but I don't buy the comparison of melee weapons to greater dragons.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Animal taming, and animal lore gives us tamers our extra stable slots. So we should get stable slots for vet and herding since those 2 skills tie into the tamers template.

H

Heartseeker

QFT.

S

Stupid Miner

Catch my drift?
Actually, I have a swordsman and an archer and i don't even use 16 different weapons for either character, that even includes slayer weapons which tamers don't have an equivalent. In fact I'd hazard to say it's pretty rare for a fighter to use 16 or more weapons regularly. I don't know any that do.
(have a tamer too, who doesn't use all his pet slots.)

Learn some resource management.

What kind of idiot fighter carries 16 weapons in his pack anyway? they'd run out of insurance gold in 10 seconds. I doubt even the most elite PvPer carries 16 weapons around. Bad metaphor.

K

Kiminality

I'm happy they're giving a blanket 2 to everyone with the expansion.
My tamers will be able to have a couple more beasties, and my resource gatherers will be able to have additional pack animals.

I'm happy that they chose to award any at all, because they could have quite easily not.
So, with the new tamables, I might have to make some difficult choices, with regards what pets to keep. But, if they hadn't added the two additional stable slots, I'd have had two more difficult choices to make.
Yes, they could have added more. But they could have added less, so I'm just going to be thankful with what I've got.

U

UOKaiser

But theres is no comparison between the effect of the weapon and how many you can store. This has nothing to do with keeping 100 greater dragons in the stables or 100 squirrels. Stables=storage and that should be the only comparison that we should have here.

We are limited to 125 storage per secure, 125 and up storage in bank and shared storage depending on our homes to store all we want. Tamers have max 16 storage for pets which should be increased to at least the amount of secure.

If people want tamers to use different exotic pets well they need the room to keep them just like all those slayers we got. If we were only able to keep 2 weapons am sure we would pick the best of all our weapons and discard the others because we have no choice.

T

The Fallout

I see what it is. Most of you feel tamers are overpowered, you just have grudges against tamers. Stop bringing up G. Dragons please. That has nothing to do with stable slots. Adding more slots will do NOTHING to the balance of the game AT ALL.

T

The Fallout

I'm happy they're giving a blanket 2 to everyone with the expansion.
My tamers will be able to have a couple more beasties, and my resource gatherers will be able to have additional pack animals.

I'm happy that they chose to award any at all, because they could have quite easily not.
So, with the new tamables, I might have to make some difficult choices, with regards what pets to keep. But, if they hadn't added the two additional stable slots, I'd have had two more difficult choices to make.
Yes, they could have added more. But they could have added less, so I'm just going to be thankful with what I've got.
Well I'm not. Why? Because they could have easily coded in ten but for some reason they feel the need to limit a tamers variety when it will not change gameplay or make tamers any better then they are now. Honestly I'd rather they add 0 then 2.

T

The Fallout

But theres is no comparison between the effect of the weapon and how many you can store. This has nothing to do with keeping 100 greater dragons in the stables or 100 squirrels. Stables=storage and that should be the only comparison that we should have here.

We are limited to 125 storage per secure, 125 and up storage in bank and shared storage depending on our homes to store all we want. Tamers have max 16 storage for pets which should be increased to at least the amount of secure.

If people want tamers to use different exotic pets well they need the room to keep them just like all those slayers we got. If we were only able to keep 2 weapons am sure we would pick the best of all our weapons and discard the others because we have no choice.
This is the truth.

T

The Fallout

Catch my drift?
Actually, I have a swordsman and an archer and i don't even use 16 different weapons for either character, that even includes slayer weapons which tamers don't have an equivalent. In fact I'd hazard to say it's pretty rare for a fighter to use 16 or more weapons regularly. I don't know any that do.
(have a tamer too, who doesn't use all his pet slots.)

Learn some resource management.

What kind of idiot fighter carries 16 weapons in his pack anyway? they'd run out of insurance gold in 10 seconds. I doubt even the most elite PvPer carries 16 weapons around. Bad metaphor.
The point is you CAN have more then 16 weapons. Don't tell me how to enjoy the game. I don't feel like restricting myself to certain pets for no reason.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i said earlier then, ask them for a new Stable master skill then that uses skill points.
That way you get more stable slots and you bring 'Tamers' more into line with the rest of us rather than being Mage/warriors/tamers which is what you lot are at the moment.

I dont think anyone would have a problem with Tamers having more slots IF they wern't so overpowerd to begin with.
Unfortunatly for you as soon as the word 'Tamer' is mentioned it gets everyone else's back up straight away .

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been beaten to death - Stable slot have 0 affect on Game balance

:bdh::shots::drama::shots::bdh:

GD are Overpowered we get it - who cares that is NOT what this is about. :gun:

This IS about having the ability to store more pets PERIOD.

2 slots is an insult and do NOT tell me to make another tamer so i can store more.

There is no reason why we cant get say 8 more.

Chicken Coops this is simple to store the new Batttle Chicken and give breaders (EXTREMLY SMALL POPULATION) a place to store them WITHOUT adding stable slots.

The same people keep bring up the same ridiculous arguments about GD, Weapons, etc. This has nothing to do with nay of that it is SIMPLY asking for the ability to store more pets.

Non tamers do not need to have any input on this topic as it DOESNT AFFECT YOU at ALL!

If you want to cry about Greater Dragons make your own post (wait 100's already have) :loser:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's quit the arguments about what is more powerful a GD or a nice weapon and what is easier to use because there are arguments both ways.

Having to have a certain skill level to use a nice weapon would suck wouldn't it?
Having to command a weapon to kill something and not having it listen would suck too.
Having to go back to the bank or wherever to switch out weapons wouldnt be good either.

This thread is about STABLE SLOTS. More is better for everyone THAT WANTS THEM. If you don't then want them why complain when someone else does?

U

UOKaiser

As i said earlier then, ask them for a new Stable master skill then that uses skill points.
That way you get more stable slots and you bring 'Tamers' more into line with the rest of us rather than being Mage/warriors/tamers which is what you lot are at the moment.

I dont think anyone would have a problem with Tamers having more slots IF they wern't so overpowerd to begin with.
Unfortunatly for you as soon as the word 'Tamer' is mentioned it gets everyone else's back up straight away .
As I said power has nothing to do with storage. My sampire is over powered against most monsters and tamers but every other class is over powered against him in pvp, My bard is overpowered against all tamer pets but underpowered against all mages and warriors. This can go on and on foever.

But.... The point of this has to do with storage and allowing to use a variety of pets for many different situations instead of just have to use the general all around pets because there is no room.

Nothing at all to do with any balance issues at all. Hell I'll but them a couple of 1 terabyte drives that will allow them to put all the information they need in a raid configuration about all the etra info on each pets stables for years to come and thats like over doing the amount of starage they need for this.

U

uoBuoY

I haven't heard any one say we should NOT get the additional 2 stable slots. Not from Tamers and not even from non-Tamers. That's because it changes absolutely nothing in game except for the number of pets you can stable.

The real question should be what is so terrible about 5 more slots or 10 more slots for Tamers?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will be happy with the 2 more slots ! But would like to see the addition of being able to combine pack animals with the same instinct into one slot!
examples
5 ostys = 1 slot
2 fire steeds one slot
the max would still be 5 so 10 ostys would be 2 slots
4 fire steeds 2 slots etc

just a thought for alot of people this would add 2 or 3 more slots or more in some cases

or start doing them by there taming levels so you get 20 slots but things like greaters take 2

H

Heartseeker

Re: This has been beaten to death - Stable slot have 0 affect on Game balance

:bdh::shots::drama::shots::bdh:

GD are Overpowered we get it - who cares that is NOT what this is about. :gun:

This IS about having the ability to store more pets PERIOD.

2 slots is an insult and do NOT tell me to make another tamer so i can store more.

There is no reason why we cant get say 8 more.

Chicken Coops this is simple to store the new Batttle Chicken and give breaders (EXTREMLY SMALL POPULATION) a place to store them WITHOUT adding stable slots.

The same people keep bring up the same ridiculous arguments about GD, Weapons, etc. This has nothing to do with nay of that it is SIMPLY asking for the ability to store more pets.

Non tamers do not need to have any input on this topic as it DOESNT AFFECT YOU at ALL!

If you want to cry about Greater Dragons make your own post (wait 100's already have) :loser:
I know you asked not to...but get another Tamer.

I can't get all my crafting skills on one character either.

Guess what I did? ... Made another crafter.

I have a Tamer too, and only use 8-9 slots right now.

Some people need more space in their Castle too.

Let's not be greedy little children; they gave us "all" two more slots.

Personally I think it was great.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is really sad about this thread is the "I hate Greater Dragons" and / or "I hate Tamers" would continue their incessant whine about the power of a Pet (and conveniently keep their mouth shut about the over powering Slayer Weapons etc.)

And do everything in their Mean Spirited, Punitive, Hateful power to Punish a Play Style asking for MORE STABLE SLOTS NOT MORE PETS OUT AT ONE TIME, NOT MORE POWERFUL PETS, JUST PLAIN OLD FASHION STORAGE SPACE.

And they sell their Virtual Souls to Damnation with stupid lies and Bull Crap rationals.

A Request that helps every player Tamer or NON TAMER and DOES NOTHING TO CHANGE OR ALTER THE GAME BALANCE OR PLAY OF ANYONE.

How Vengeful and full of Hatred are you :(

Go ahead and become Ultra Creative in your .... rational about how the NUMBER OF STABLE SLOTS DESTABILIZE THE GAME. In the REALITY OF BONDED PETS THAT CAN NOT PERMANENTLY DIE.

Go ahead and hit us with the wonderfully crafted logic of your creative rational.

Perhaps EverQuest got it right, how about we just limit every character to 16 items IN TOTAL, HOUSE, BANK ETC CAN NOT EXCEED 16 ITEMS. Then watch all your different Characters become these ENORMOUSLY USEFUL MULES FOR HOLDING ITEMS.

Then we can watch you eat the words of your dazzlingly beautiful rational about how Play Styles DO NOT NEED MORE STORAGE and watch just how bitter the taste is.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your about to have 18 slots, how many do you want?

But as has been said Tamers and everyone else will never agree with each other.
I for one will only stop moaning against Tamers when they introduce 'line of sight' for Tamers, as in NO hiding while your pets do all the work.
And if you want to flame me, feel free but know that i use probably the most useless skill class in game. I'm a pure 120 Paladin, now you ask warriors how great they are.....lol.

C

controlfive

Having to go back to the bank or wherever to switch out weapons wouldnt be good either.
oh wow, i just got the most amazing idea. we should be able to get pokeballs so we can use them to stable and claim pets on the fly.

as far as stable slots go, i brought up the idea of having herding give extra stable slots a long time ago. i personally wouldn't use it (i only have 6 pets in my tamer's stable as is, and one is a giant beetle), but i think some would.

H

Heartseeker

As I said power has nothing to do with storage. My sampire is over powered against most monsters and tamers but every other class is over powered against him in pvp, My bard is overpowered against all tamer pets but underpowered against all mages and warriors. This can go on and on foever.

But.... The point of this has to do with storage and allowing to use a variety of pets for many different situations instead of just have to use the general all around pets because there is no room.

Nothing at all to do with any balance issues at all. Hell I'll but them a couple of 1 terabyte drives that will allow them to put all the information they need in a raid configuration about all the etra info on each pets stables for years to come and thats like over doing the amount of starage they need for this.
It isn't only about storage.

What it is about is coding and "time to code".

While you want more slots many players want other things.

Like fixed bugs, additions to PVP, stopping cheaters, and random spawns.

Do you think more slots need coding before the above? If so get in line.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt have anything to do with skills either

Just simply more stable slots how hard is this to get al your heads wrapped around.

I really dont care there was a poll and concensus was more, 2 ok but 2 is really not enough it is just that simple.

Yes we will be happy with two more but just asking for more.

Go back and vote in the poll and show how you feel.

T

The Fallout

Re: This has been beaten to death - Stable slot have 0 affect on Game balance

I know you asked not to...but get another Tamer.

I can't get all my crafting skills on one character either.

Guess what I did? ... Made another crafter.

I have a Tamer too, and only use 8-9 slots right now.

Some people need more space in their Castle too.

Let's not be greedy little children; they gave us "all" two more slots.

Personally I think it was great.
Yes.... cause storing animals is equivalent to have extra skillpoints. If you were allowed all the crafting skills on one character, that would be an imbalance, more stable slots is storage and not an imbalance.

T

The Fallout

It isn't onlyabout storage.

What it is about is coding and "time to code".

While you want more slots many players want other things.

Like fixed bugs, additions to PVP, stopping cheaters, and random spawns.

Do you think more slots need coding before the above? If so get in line.
NOW it is about what you want first. They are already adding two, there is no difficult coding or time involved to change that 2 to an 8 or 10.

B

BartofCats

Coming from a tamer myself... 2 Stable slots are fine. They really dont have to give us any. Just dont be such a pet pack rat. Yes I can say that because I have gotten rid of the pets I havent used in over a year because they have become useless due to the greater dragons. I have in my barn right now, 2 cu's, 2 greater drags (diff resists and skills for different things) a pack beetle, a hiyru because of the colour, a firesteed and 2 dread mares. The only real people I can see crying for more taming slots than the 2 are the older than I am vets who probably still have some silver steeds or AW's in their barns.

Point being if you cant live with 17 stable slots (including the new 2 upgrade) its time to start shoveling the sh.... outta the barn.

T

The Fallout

Coming from a tamer myself... 2 Stable slots are fine. They really dont have to give us any. Just dont be such a pet pack rat. Yes I can say that because I have gotten rid of the pets I havent used in over a year because they have become useless due to the greater dragons. I have in my barn right now, 2 cu's, 2 greater drags (diff resists and skills for different things) a pack beetle, a hiyru because of the colour, a firesteed and 2 dread mares. The only real people I can see crying for more taming slots than the 2 are the older than I am vets who probably still have some silver steeds or AW's in their barns.

Point being if you cant live with 17 stable slots (including the new 2 upgrade) its time to start shoveling the sh.... outta the barn.
Okay great, so YOU don't keep lots of pets or you don't have any because you use a G. Dragon. I and many others on the other hand don't use the G. Dragon that much. I like to have multiple pack instinct pets and such which takes up a lot of space. No one has yet to give a reason to not add slots other then whining about G. Dragons (which doesn't make sense) or saying since they don't use all the slots everyone else doesn't need any more either.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one will only stop moaning against Tamers when they introduce 'line of sight' for Tamers, as in NO hiding while your pets do all the work.
And they should do that the SECOND THEY PREVENT YOU FROM TARGETING THINGS THROUGH WALLS, AROUND CORNERS. By AoE spells that do NOT DO DAMAGE OR KILL to hidden players.

So lets get into a Tit for Tat about all the EXPLOITS that are taken advantage of by EVERYONE.

Let alone the .... perversion of arguing against storage space based on your hatred for a play style.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And they should do that the SECOND THEY PREVENT YOU FROM TARGETING THINGS THROUGH WALLS, AROUND CORNERS. By AoE spells that do NOT DO DAMAGE OR KILL to hidden players.

So lets get into a Tit for Tat about all the EXPLOITS that are taken advantage of by EVERYONE.

Let alone the .... perversion of arguing against storage space based on your hatred for a play style.
well said

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we're at it, let's introduce a new Packrat skill - without the skill you can only keep 1 secure in your house or your bank box (sorry, you just can't have both) and you have to use your skill points if you want anything more...(of course Tamers will be exempt from such restrictions to be fair...)

And this is the real problem - for you (and others) it's more about a hate of overpowered tamers that is driving your arguements here. The only arguement here is storage - that affects no one but the Tamer - and yet you're only focus is how 'overpowered' they are. Well it really doesn't matter, because the tamer could have 100 GDs and still be only just as overpowered as he is.

Not saying you don't have a valid gripe about GDs and the like, but that your anger is misplaced in this case. Your crusade against tamers needs to focus on the overpowering tools of their trade, not on what they keep about their house so to speak; in the end if that's all you've rallied against, then they'll be just as overpowered tomorrow as they are today...

(and just fyi - not everyone has or uses greater dragons - quite a few of us find more joy in other pets)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, i notice you all start leaving out the fact that i allready stated that i play a pure 120 Paladin.
So before you get anymore 'gifts' I should get a skill thats actually worth the 120 points i had to put into it just to get a title.
Tamers are far down the list of priorites and yet you still get more 'gifts' and still complain.

H

Heartseeker

While we're at it, let's introduce a new Packrat skill - without the skill you can only keep 1 secure in your house or your bank box (sorry, you just can't have both) and you have to use your skill points if you want anything more...(of course Tamers will be exempt from such restrictions to be fair...)

And this is the real problem - for you (and others) it's more about a hate of overpowered tamers that is driving your arguements here. The only arguement here is storage - that affects no one but the Tamer - and yet you're only focus is how 'overpowered' they are. Well it really doesn't matter, because the tamer could have 100 GDs and still be only just as overpowered as he is.

Not saying you don't have a valid gripe about GDs and the like, but that your anger is misplaced in this case. Your crusade against tamers needs to focus on the overpowering tools of their trade, not on what they keep about their house so to speak; in the end if that's all you've rallied against, then they'll be just as overpowered tomorrow as they are today...

(and just fyi - not everyone has or uses greater dragons - quite a few of us find more joy in other pets)
Calm down.

The only hate on here is the people arguing about more slots,= Tamers.

You have the right to your opinion, just like we all do.

Many of us are ok with the slots and are looking forward to the 2 extra ones.