• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Morning, all! *begins brewing the coffee*

G

*puts water on for tea*
*makes sure Zayin's coke machine is stocked*

I was a naughty boy this weekend. I swung by the bookstore on Saturday afternoon. The timing was perfect. The lines that had stretched down the mall and outside were gone, but they still had Order of the Phoenix in stock, so I snagged one. I spent the rest of the day and half the next reading it aloud to my GF. My voice finally gave out around page 300. I read the remainder of the day in silence (she gets dibs today).

And you know what? I don't feel the least bit guilty for being naughty.

*pours a large cuppa and sits by the window to watch the sun rise*

I

imported_CaesarDoP

* Walks in and grabs a Mug of Coffee and joins his friend by the Window *
Hello Wulf man, when you read out loud, do you do all the voices? When I read to my kids I do all the voices, especially in Whinnie the Pooh.

I went and saw Finding Nemo on Friday night with my Little Boy, and I really enjoyed it, as did he ( he is 5 and well getting candy, seeing a cartoon and drinking pop, what is not to like, come to think of it I'm 38 and I liked all the same stuff. )

My Wife and Daughter were at a dance competition this weekend in Louisville KY, so it was a Boys weekend. Sat, we had his T-Ball Game, and then went to McD's and then got hair cuts, then gave the grass a hair cut, then washed the car, then got the oil chaned, then back home did some laundry, then off to see Jesus Christ Super Star. (A RL friend is in the play.) Then Sunday We got up went out for Breakfast, then to the store and got some stuff for Tommy then back home, Cleaned the house and waited for Mommy and Sis to come home.

Was a very nice time with Tommy, I know that it will not be long before he will want to do stuff with friends instead of Dad. and that is ok, it is as it should be.

Peace be with all of You My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

G

morning Cyne. *Grabs one of the secret stash of Zayin colas ! sorry Zayin I need a cola /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif* The sun is shinning over Ohio and the weather is finally gorgeous. I been up here in Ohio past few wks tending to my mom's home and etc. I was sort of naughty most of the weekend ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif With all this serious business of mom in nursing home, her money running out, spending fathers day at the cemetary wishing I still had me dad alive, & me up here to snag some things from their house before the state takes everything to pay for mom's bills, my cousins felt I needed some R & R !

So Friday night was a fancy bbq and lots of flowing champagne and ameretto and we all got drunk. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Saturday night I guess the other cousins on my other side of family didnt want to be outdone so same sort of thing lotsa wine and more fine food and we all got drunk together.

Yesterday a graduation party every side of the entire families and we all got drunk together to some fine catered foods at a wonderfully historic 1800s home that rents itself out to parties now and then for a fee.

I am slightly hungover today, but it was a fine weekend all like farewell parties for me after 3 wks of doing serious stuff up here. I fly home tomorrow to my OWN computer and my own internet. Been up here on a rented computer with .........free aol for my socalled ohio internet connection. BLAH AOL SUKS YOU"VE got mail ! HRMM anyhow time to go home tomorrow and back to rl work. I still have a LOT to do in this house yet till the feds take much of it away to pay for my mom's nursing home care but I intend to come back one more time to get a few more things out of here yet prob in sept. My poor hubby will have like 100 pounds of stuff to haul(50 lbs per bag allowable) when he picks me up at the airport tomorrow ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif BUT I will be going home with my father's ww2 army journals, his ww2 medals, old photos, the papers tracing my roots to as far back as 1725, my own baby photos /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif the pasta maker, and a lot more. The feds are NOT getting everything ! I am trying to see to that ! They got no right to take it all away and its meaninless to them !

The rental car a fine Grand Prix goes back today, this rental computer with its xp goes back today..and I am up at 0500 tomorrow to fly HOME been a LONG 3wks up here.

R

Rexor_Steelforge

*pours an 1/8th cup of coffee, adds a packet of Swiss Miss, adds an ounze and a half of McCormick's Irish Creme, stirs and fills the rest of the way with coffee.*

Morning all.

Looks like everybody has had a good weekend. Mine was certainly busy.

Bosses {sp?} are out of town so I got creative with breakfast for the crew and fixed blueberry crepes and Belgian cream for everyone Saturday and homemade donuts on Sunday. Actually did quite well for my first time making both. Crepes are easier than I thought they would be.

New core system components are on the way for my comp. I will be joining the ranks of the 2 Ghz AMDrones with in 48 hours. Maybe that will get me into the top 50 on my folding team.

[hypnosis]Join Team 32![/hypnosis]

Oh. And howdy. I just returned to UO a couple days ago and I'm estatic that the Coffee Ritual is still here. I think this is going to be a good day.

S

sallie

*rolls out of musty old, funky smelling bedroll* hmmm do I smell coffee??? walks down the long dark hall to the abm, ahhhh grabs a large cuppa Seattle's Best, some toasted onion bagels and and a block of cream cheese. *heads on over to the window sill* OMG, my friends are here!!!! it must be late!! HI Cyne, CeasarDoP, Queen Zen. sounds like everybody had a great weekend so I won't go into mine..but the sun is still shining so I'm happy /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Hey Ceasar, I went and saw the original Jesus Christ Superstar when it came out...I got suspended from school for 3 days because of it. But I still love that play, the sound track is still one of my many all time favorites. I like the harry potter movies, but i'm not much on reading so I don't buy the books...

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;I went and saw the original Jesus Christ Superstar when it came out...I got suspended from school for 3 days because of it.</font color=blue>

Dang. What school were you attending, some fundamentalist Bible college?

I always considered that movie to be the first domino of the born again movement. It seems that after that movie, and the JCSS wannabe Godspel, that the people began baptizing themselves in the ocean, then the anagram fish began appearing, then the rapture fad came and went, and around that time Hal Lindsay's book was published.

Hm.

I'll have to ask about this on the O.T. forum and see if anyone can remember the correct chronology.

J

jat

Monday morning around here and it's all quiet on the home front. Kids still sleeping and my guys off to work. Ahhh peace...

So tell me Cyne, is it worth me buying? The new Harry Potter book I mean. I read all the rest of them and they are awesome! The movies just don't do them justice IMHO.

I totally forgot that it came out this weekend. Memory leaks I suppose. Age is showing again so guess I will just hush up and wish everyone a great day and profitable week!

S

sallie

<blockquote><hr>

Dang. What school were you attending, some fundamentalist Bible college?

<hr></blockquote>

nope... It was high school...graduating class of 72 ppl....the principle was always drunk...but he went to church every sunday.
(catholic) and I was talking about the play to my friends, and the teacher overheard and told the principle... I also got suspended "until I get a haircut" that lasted a week. my hair only was down to the collar of my shirt. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif that was back when the females still had to wear skirts or dresses. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;So tell me Cyne, is it worth me buying?</font color=blue>

In my opinion, yes. If you'll recall from Goblet of Fire, at the end of the book, thought the conflict was resolved, the denouement cranked the background tension up yet another notch. Order of the Phoenix picks up with that higher tension level and continues to build.

The writing continues to be competent, but Rowling has taken the storyline to a new maturity level as well. She's resolved one of the problems I had with the characters (in mortal danger, yet they spend their time avoiding learning the one thing that would help them face the danger). The book feels like she's moved from the children's realm to the adult realm, yet she continues introducing the wonderfully Dahlesque characters to great affect.

Also, some of the characters, hitherto basically flat characters, become more rounded out.

Thus far, it's a good read.

I

imported_CaesarDoP

You never told me if you do all the voices, I would say being the Singer you are, YES, and I comend you for it.

Peace be with You My Friend

Caesar

G

*creeps into the Hall and lurks silently in the corner before moving on*

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning everyone..

*grabs large mug of black coffee, looks around to see if anyone's looking*

*pours healthy amount of Jim Beam in mug*

G

Actually, Caesar, it depends. In addition to singing, I've had some dramatic training and been in a few plays. Indeed, I have yet to be in a play where I don't have to have a foreign accent.

I love reading out loud. I particularly enjoy reading Chaucer out loud, because his genius, combined with the natural beauty of Middle English, is incomparable to anything else, including Shakespeare (my second favorite).

Yes, I do voices when I read to children. Reading to adults I tone it down quite a lot. I have a distinct difference between dialogue and narration when I read, but I don't overdo the dialogue itself. A big exception, at least in Order, are Mundungus and Hagrid, because both are written dialectually. Mundungus has what feels like a Cockney accent, and Hagrid a kind of "north country" accent that I haven't quite placed yet.

I do, however, ennunciate clearly as I read, add dramatic pauses, and vary my volume quite a lot, depending on the context.

I

imported_CaesarDoP

As I have said It before, You Are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Peace be with You My Friend

Caesar

D

Dor of Sonoma

G'morning, friends! :)

(Aye, it's morning for me...be nice *grins*)

So good to hear from all of you today...Caesar, I took Devin for a midnight walk on Friday night to pick up the book at our local coffeehouse/bookstore, as an early birthday present. She finished reading it last night, already. Dayum...I was hoping it would last for at least 3-4 days! Hehe. Glad to hear Erin and Tommy are doing so well...say hi from me! Oh, we went to see Finding Nemo too--I think I liked it even more than she did. I was laughing out loud. *grins*

QueenZen, I have got to say that I think it would be mighty fine to get snockered with you some day. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Sallie...it is now Officially Summer. Put that ol' bedroll outside to air in the sun! While it's being freshened, go flop on your belly and look for bugs. I highly recommend that pasttime, this time of year. :)

Rex...welcome back! :)

*smacks Ludes* Quit lurking, dang it. We like seeing you. Hehe

*girds loins to go out and replace the defective starter on the big ol' Chevy with no line of sight...loves working BLIND*

*grabs more coffee for inspiration*